Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 03:06 AM

Elune

Alliance Flag The Unofficial Warlords of Draenor Thread III: The Garrisoning

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikuEru View Post
Who will it be, that claims the THIRD Warlords of Draenor thread for himself and his cause and will build his garrison in it?

It had to be done. let the conversations continue!

And my garrison is made of darkness and cats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
based neokitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Shape up, Neocat. Fuck's sake.
Old 04-15-2014, 03:11 AM

Priestess of the Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoshadow View Post
And my garrison is made of darkness and cats.
You mean dark cats wearing sombreros?

But while we're at it: I want more garrison blog posts! They promised me atleast 5 blog posts in the interviews the last few days! I want social justice, else I'm going to quit, stomp on the ground, vomit, shout and rant on twitter, tumblr, reddit, the official and mmo-c forums!

No really, has anyone seen Horde garrison stuff or atleast places in his sandbox adventures?
Old 04-15-2014, 03:13 AM

Elune

Quote:
You mean dark cats wearing sombreros?

But while we're at it: I want more garrison blog posts! They promised me atleast 5 blog posts in the interviews the last few days! I want social justice, else I'm going to quit, stomp on the ground, vomit, shout and rant on twitter, tumblr, reddit, the official and mmo-c forums!

No really, has anyone seen Horde garrison stuff or atleast places in his sandbox adventures?

To be fair, its orc buildings. I don't think in canon the horde is wanting any big orc structures, wich is why we see goblin and troll camps instead.

But aswell, its alpha, so a LOT of stuff is missing.

from mmochamp:
•After rescuing members of the Frostwolf Clan in the Warlords intro quest experience, Durotan will give you a plot of land. This is where you start building your garrison.
Quote:
I love you.
Quote:
based neokitty
Quote:

Last edited by neoshadow; 04-15-2014 at 03:17 AM..
Old 04-15-2014, 03:28 AM

Priestess of the Moon

Yea, already saw that. So far it sounds really great.
The garrison will be part of your questing/leveling experience. Many characters you get to know along the way seem to become part of your garrison or atleast visit it sometimes.
It isn't just a closed up 'housing', the Iron Horde will attack it and you'll have to defend it.
And it will be costumisable (right word?!) to high degree, you can change it to your likes and needs.
[I know we don't get race-specific buildings and walls, but we're already getting a huge pack of cool stuff with the garrison. Maybe if we're nice we atleast get banners we can change (race-specific or maybe even guild/arena-emblem like) and guards we can choose?]

IF it really comes with all that they promised in interviews and on twitter, this will be an incredible feature.
Hopefully we build up on that in future expansions.

Maybe a island fortress, with a dock and a ship in a Maelstrom/Seas/Islands/Draenor-Oceans expansion?
Or some Azeroth zones get additonal plateaus/valleys in the wide mountain ranges between zones and we'll be able to take our garrisons back home? (Example: A garrison place up the road of Stonetalon Pass in Mulgore would overlook Stonetalon, Barrens and Mulgore)
Old 04-15-2014, 03:29 AM

Elune

Quote:
Yea, already saw that. So far it sounds really great.
The garrison will be part of your questing/leveling experience. Many characters you get to know along the way seem to become part of your garrison or atleast visit it sometimes.
It isn't just a closed up 'housing', the Iron Horde will attack it and you'll have to defend it.
And it will be costumisable (right word?!) to high degree, you can change it to your likes and needs.
[I know we don't get race-specific buildings and walls, but we're already getting a huge pack of cool stuff with the garrison. Maybe if we're nice we atleast get banners we can change (race-specific or maybe even guild/arena-emblem like) and guards we can choose?]

IF it really comes with all that they promised in interviews and on twitter, this will be an incredible feature.
Hopefully we build up on that in future expansions.

Maybe a island fortress, with a dock and a ship in a Maelstrom/Seas/Islands/Draenor-Oceans expansion?
Or some Azeroth zones get additonal plateaus/valleys in the wide mountain ranges between zones and we'll be able to take our garrisons back home? (Example: A garrison place up the road of Stonetalon Pass in Mulgore would overlook Stonetalon, Barrens and Mulgore)
Hopefully there`ll be a way to portal to our garrison, otherwise the trip will be tedious.
Quote:
I love you.
Quote:
based neokitty
Quote:

Old 04-15-2014, 04:09 AM

Arch-Druid

I do kind of hope that the whole "NPCs can attack your Garrison!" thing is something that only happens when you're online and at your Garrison; like, you have to pick up a quest or something. Otherwise, it's going to be really annoying if you miss a day or two and come back to everything being on fire.

I think they mentioned during their interview with Polaris at PAX East that mage towers may allow you to have access to a network of portals or something, let me double check...

Yeah, they mention it (technically a teleportation network) around... 4:17 in this video.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:18 AM

Elune

I'm actually rather fond of this current decision. Essentially, we seem to be taking the role that Garrosh/Varian did in WotLK. Honestly, I'm actually liking this more than the 'choosing your own zone' garrison. That was neat, but it was sold more like a gimmick. This seems to be more of a central story mechanism, and does much more to place us in the roles of the heroes of the previous games. So, consider me sold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ujimasa Hojo View Post
It doesn't make sense for an Iron Horde civil war based on fighting over land when theoretically, they're gonna end up having new ones by conquering the lands of Ogres, Draenei, Arrakoa, and Azerothians.
Yes, but it doesn't seem like the warsong are really expanding their lands anymore. Their territories are in Nagrand, where the ogres are allies of the iron horde and the draenei holdings consist of just one town. Any new lands of theirs would be beyond the portal, seperated by the territories of the burning blade, laughing skull, shattered hand and bleeding hollow (I think in that order too). It relies entirely on trusting the other clans for safe passage, or having to move your clan. Taking lands from the other clans might not provide as big an advantage, but you end up with much more secure territories.

Author of the Pink Engine.

Last edited by ijffdrie; 05-28-2014 at 11:29 AM..
Old 05-28-2014, 11:27 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: kam#1475

hey that one town seems to be kicking ass since we quest there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
Just remember, the Alliance is only ever allowed to passively defend itself against the Horde, and Taurajo was Azeroth's equivalent of the Holocaust.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:30 AM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
I'm actually rather fond of this current decision. Essentially, we seem to be taking the role that Garrosh/Varian did in WotLK. Honestly, I'm actually liking this more than the 'choosing your own zone' garrison. That was neat, but it was sold more like a gimmick. This seems to be more of a central story mechanism, and does much more to place in the roles of the heroes of the previous games. So, consider me sold.

Yes, but it doesn't seem like the warsong are really expanding their lands anymore. Their territories are in Nagrand, where the ogres are allies of the iron horde and the draenei holdings consist of just one town. Any new lands of theirs would be beyond the portal, seperated by the territories of the burning blade, laughing skull, shattered hand and bleeding hollow (I think in that order too). It relies entirely on trusting the other clans for safe passage, or having to move your clan. Taking lands from the other clans might not provide as big an advantage, but you end up with much more secure territories.
That and it seems to me we stop them reasonably decisively at the Portal, so their bonds may be more fragile once Azeroth is removed from their itinerary.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:31 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
That and it seems to me we stop them reasonably decisively at the Portal, so their bonds may be more fragile once Azeroth is removed from their itinerary.
*portal go boom*

"shit what do we do now guys"

"...."

"guys? orcish unity?"

"eh fuck it lets kill each other"
Quote:
Just remember, the Alliance is only ever allowed to passively defend itself against the Horde, and Taurajo was Azeroth's equivalent of the Holocaust.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:44 AM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirnheim View Post
*portal go boom*

"shit what do we do now guys"

"...."

"guys? orcish unity?"

"eh fuck it lets kill each other"
Does that sound at all out of character to you?
Old 05-28-2014, 11:52 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
Does that sound at all out of character to you?
nope lol
Quote:
Closed Thread

Tags
warlocks of draenor