Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 04:03 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickster View Post
It's sad because this shows Blizzard never cared about Taylor in the first place. They built all of this nemesis thing with Nazgrim only to have Taylor not play a role in his death, giving Gamon the joke character this position. Yet, they then kill off Taylor because of that nemesis relation. And they kill him in a cheap way.

Really shows this whole thing was, once again, a Horde story with an Alliance extra.

Run
Old 06-30-2014, 04:06 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
You don't know the circumstances of his death. Hell, we don't even know he dies. Chill.
People have complained that the IH aren't a big threat. I can see Blizzard using this as an opportunity to kill off various characters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 06-30-2014, 04:22 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
People have complained that the IH aren't a big threat. I can see Blizzard using this as an opportunity to kill off various characters.
to emphasize their point across? Wouldn't surprise me.

And just to add to that, blizzard has made an expansion where we are killing some of the hordes classic heroes. Regardless of how subjective you think that is, alliance doesn't get to bitch about losing alliance characters in this given whats happening here.
Old 06-30-2014, 04:28 PM

Elune
BattleTag: miffy#1110

Can you get anymore fucking patronizing.

Are they seriously trying to blame the players for their disappointment now? For fuck's sake.
Old 06-30-2014, 04:29 PM

Trade Baroness - Admin

He's right though.
Old 06-30-2014, 04:31 PM

Elune

Woah woah woah. Taylor is dead? There goes another character with potential.
Old 06-30-2014, 04:31 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post

Are they seriously trying to blame the players for their disappointment now? For fuck's sake.
Well don't let up on them, don't let blizzard fuck players around.
Old 06-30-2014, 04:33 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
He's right though.
He's not, because what he's talking about is NOT the issue. He (and the other reps) are only adressing the hysterical morons that are accusing them of "lying" and other such bull.

The fact of the matter is that people are pissed not because of a perceived "promise" that was retracted, but for the plain and simple reason that there doesn't seem to be a good reason for the change besides it saving development time, and noone is really happy with this, most people just being plain disappointed to say the least.

Instead of adressing that, we get patronizing nitpicking on definitions like from any white knight or troll on MMO-C or elsewhere. Instead of constructive dialogue, we get defensive reactions à la "we never promised anything" and "you misunderstood".
Old 06-30-2014, 04:33 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tauren Paly View Post
to emphasize their point across? Wouldn't surprise me.

And just to add to that, blizzard has made an expansion where we are killing some of the hordes classic heroes. Regardless of how subjective you think that is, alliance doesn't get to bitch about losing alliance characters in this given whats happening here.
Pardon? I was under the impression this expansion was going to play out more like the Siege of Orgrimmar. Horde gets to kill the worst villains that have ever tainted it's history and image. Obviously this is the Horde's new, "Redemption," Story-line since they just ousted Garrosh. Now they have to redeem themselves by killing something else so that way they'll never have to actually apologize for anything to the people they harmed.

Horde: Hey, guys! Look, we're all cool now, see? We just killed the Iron Horde. We're Redeemed Again!
Alliance: What is this I don't even...
Metzen: Hey, it's true. The Horde is redeemed again! Just in time to reveal our new character: Grimmash Hellscream, son of Garrosh and Zaela. Most people will call him, "Grim." Isn't that just fucking BADASS?! Yeah, Thrall's going to adopt him, and he'll be brofisting with Thrall's boy and eventually marry Thrall's daughter. So awesome, right?

Last edited by Vexander; 06-30-2014 at 04:38 PM..
Old 06-30-2014, 04:37 PM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Quote:
He's not, because what he's talking about is NOT the issue. He (and the other reps) are only adressing the hysterical morons that are accusing them of "lying" and other such bull.

The fact of the matter is that people are pissed not because of a perceived "promise" that was retracted, but for the plain and simple reason that there doesn't seem to be a good reason for the change besides it saving development time, and noone is really happy with this, most people just being plain disappointed to say the least.

Instead of adressing that, we get patronizing nitpicking on definitions like from any white knight or troll on MMO-C or elsewhere. Instead of constructive dialogue, we get defensive reactions à la "we never promised anything" and "you misunderstood".
Because that's the only thing he can address (at this point)?
Old 06-30-2014, 04:39 PM

Elune

Bashiok ‏@Bashiok 42s
@knightsof13 @dustinalex91 @Elvinelol @HunterMG96 We're arguing semantics for no ones benefit.

Bashiok ‏@Bashiok 1m
@Prometheusbach @Elvinelol @HunterMG96 Calling up liars and con artists and bait-and-switchers isn't understandable.

Bashiok ‏@Bashiok 2m
@Prometheusbach @Elvinelol @HunterMG96 I get and understand built up expectations, and being disappointed. That's totally understandable.

Bashiok ‏@Bashiok 5m
@dustinalex91 @Elvinelol @HunterMG96 If we wanted to hype something it wouldn't be a bullet point in a powerpoint slide.

Bashiok ‏@Bashiok 6m
@maddoc01 @Elvinelol @HunterMG96 Absolutely. Everything is subject to change, always, for everything, ever. But especially at BlizzCon.

Bashiok ‏@Bashiok 7m
@Spazzo @Elvinelol @HunterMG96 The effect is we say less at BlizzCon then because we're afraid you'll crucify us for it if it changes.

Bashiok ‏@Bashiok 8m
@Elvinelol @HunterMG96 But whatever, not the point really. If we could go back, certainly we'd announce the change a different way.

Bashiok ‏@Bashiok 9m
@Elvinelol @HunterMG96 Come on. A bullet point on a slide at BlizzCon is hyping something? That's the worst hyping ever.

Bashiok ‏@Bashiok 32m
@HunterMG96 I don't think timing has much to do with it, myself. People are disappointed. I don't think timing would change it much.

DAFUQ.

"Come on. A bullet point on a slide at BlizzCon is hyping something? That's the worst hyping ever."

Haha. It's not like we weren't told in DETAIL during and after Blizzcon for months how awesome the phasing quests would be, how we'd help set up this base to use against the Iron Horde and call our home. Nope, now it was just a bullet point.

He's acting as if people don't understand that it's all subject to change. Of course it is - the point is, when you change something that upsets people that much, for pretty obvious reasons - how do you deal with it? What's your explanation? And they're coming up short, which is pouring oil on the fire.

Quote:
Because that's the only thing he can address (at this point)?
If they changed it, they know why.
And we all know the lore reasons are complete BS they pulled out of their ass to pacify. If not, their writing is more shocking than previously anticipated.
Old 06-30-2014, 04:46 PM

Trade Baroness - Admin

After yesterday's attempt I really wouldn't expect an explanation anytime soon. There's even more pressure this time, so they can't just throw another hastily written post at us.
Old 06-30-2014, 04:51 PM

Elune

Quote:
There's even more pressure this time, so they can't just throw another hastily written post at us.
Yet they keep doing it.
Old 06-30-2014, 04:56 PM

Eternal

I'm kinda two ways on this.

On the one side, this isn't the first time something wasn't implemented.

Remember Path of the Titans or Dance studios?
We didn't get either of those and I'm pretty sure they were mentioned at past Blizzcons (Dance studios was mentioned in the Wrath trailer) and I don't really remember this much anger over that.

On the other side, it's pretty damn stupid to have random place nobody really gives a fuck about be the main player hub instead of something iconic.

In TBC there was Shattrath, in Wrath there was Dalaran, and in Cata there was the main capitals (MOP was a place we hadn't explored ever so it makes some sense).

Since we've actually explored Outland before it would make perfect sense for us to be placed in some iconic city instead of an island nobody really gives a fuck about.
Old 06-30-2014, 04:56 PM

Eternal

Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

Faction war can be done well, but Blizzard has half assed it and it has predictably flopped as a result.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotal View Post
It's not that wierd, it's just a fancy name for regular fisting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkrin View Post
Well when you put it that way the Alliance has had plenty of fist-pumping moments lately.
Old 06-30-2014, 04:57 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Mediavaldragon has some interesting evidence about the WoD release date:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzplanet
Speculation: World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor Release Date?

WRITTEN BY MEDIEVALDRAGON ON JUNE 30, 2014. POSTED IN BLIZZARD PRODUCTS NEWS, WORLD OF WARCRAFT NEWS

Pre-orders have begun for the World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor Signature Series Strategy Guide. It was listed on Amazon a very few days ago, but it was until now that the release date caught my eye.

Traditionally, the BradyGames strategy guides ship the same day as the World of Warcraft expansion — with the exception of retailers listing a placeholder release date, then changing the date when an official release date for the expansion is announced.

Speculation-Mode On

Taking in mind this date might or not be a placeholder, I won’t tell you anything that history hasn’t revealed. Make your own conclusions. I do have to point out that beta began a few days ago, and this guide’s release date has conflicts because it is set a bit less than 3 months after beta launched. Beta usually lasts about six months, which might push any release date down to a December-January mark.

BradyGames Strategy Guide BradyGames Release Date Expansion Release Date
Warlords of Draenor September 23, 2014* Unannounced =)
Mists of Pandaria Sept 25, 2012 September 25, 2012
Cataclysm Dec 7, 2010 Dec 7, 2010
Wrath of the Lich King Nov 13, 2008 Nov 13, 2008
Burning Crusade Jan 16, 2007 January 15, 2007
*Might be a placeholder.

Product Description

bradygames-world-of-warcraft-warlords-of-dranor-signature-series-guide-coverMount a charge on Draenor and emerge a champion with the BradyGames World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor Signature Series Strategy Guide.

Brave a new continent! Explore the savage world of Draenor with detailed maps and information for each zone.

Make your Garrison mighty by learning how to build, staff, upgrade, and manage your own personal fortress!

Extensive coverage of all 11 classes and 13 races with updated information for the new class talents, permanent ability bonuses, and more!

An introduction for new players updated for Warlords of Draenor. This easy-to-follow section covers the basic concepts and controls of World of Warcraft, including tips on playing and upgrading a level 90 character.

Coverage of new dungeons, raids, challenge modes, scenarios, and much more!

This World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor strategy guide receives our signature series treatment, featuring a premium cover, making this a must have for any World of Warcraft fan!

About the game – Past and present collide in World of Warcraft’s newest expansion, Warlords of Draenor. Players must mount a charge on Draenor and defeat the Iron Horde before the future is unmade. With a level 90 character boost and the level cap raised to 100, players can join and take their place among Warcraft’s finest. The expansion introduces Garrisons, personal fortresses for players to build and manage, along with all new dungeons, raids, world bosses, challenge modes, scenarios, and more!

Paperback: 400 pages
Publisher: BRADY GAMES (September 23, 2014)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0744015723
ISBN-13: 978-0744015720
Old 06-30-2014, 04:58 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taintedmage View Post
I'm kinda two ways on this.

On the one side, this isn't the first time something wasn't implemented.

Remember Path of the Titans or Dance studios?
We didn't get either of those and I'm pretty sure they were mentioned at past Blizzcons (Dance studios was mentioned in the Wrath trailer) and I don't really remember this much anger over that.

On the other side, it's pretty damn stupid to have random place nobody really gives a fuck about be the main player hub instead of something iconic.

In TBC there was Shattrath, in Wrath there was Dalaran, and in Cata there was the main capitals (MOP was a place we hadn't explored ever so it makes some sense).

Since we've actually explored Outland before it would make perfect sense for us to be placed in some iconic city instead of an island nobody really gives a fuck about.
None of those features were as fleshed out, or presented in such detailed terms, or basically kept getting featured for such a time thereafter.

Moreover - those features were obviously attempts at something new. The choice of city is a simpler matter.
Old 06-30-2014, 04:59 PM

Trade Baroness - Admin

To be honest, I want this expansion to come out in December.
Old 06-30-2014, 05:00 PM

Elune

Quote:
To be honest, I want this expansion to come out in December.
Idc about delays, as long as they get right what they want to get in and stop pulling 180s. And as long as I get to actually idle somewhere else besides a generic Orc stronghold.
Old 06-30-2014, 05:00 PM

Elune

Quote:
Bashiok ‏@Bashiok 42s
@knightsof13 @dustinalex91 @Elvinelol @HunterMG96 We're arguing semantics for no ones benefit.

Bashiok ‏@Bashiok 1m
@Prometheusbach @Elvinelol @HunterMG96 Calling up liars and con artists and bait-and-switchers isn't understandable.

Bashiok ‏@Bashiok 2m
@Prometheusbach @Elvinelol @HunterMG96 I get and understand built up expectations, and being disappointed. That's totally understandable.

Bashiok ‏@Bashiok 5m
@dustinalex91 @Elvinelol @HunterMG96 If we wanted to hype something it wouldn't be a bullet point in a powerpoint slide.

Bashiok ‏@Bashiok 6m
@maddoc01 @Elvinelol @HunterMG96 Absolutely. Everything is subject to change, always, for everything, ever. But especially at BlizzCon.

Bashiok ‏@Bashiok 7m
@Spazzo @Elvinelol @HunterMG96 The effect is we say less at BlizzCon then because we're afraid you'll crucify us for it if it changes.

Bashiok ‏@Bashiok 8m
@Elvinelol @HunterMG96 But whatever, not the point really. If we could go back, certainly we'd announce the change a different way.

Bashiok ‏@Bashiok 9m
@Elvinelol @HunterMG96 Come on. A bullet point on a slide at BlizzCon is hyping something? That's the worst hyping ever.

Bashiok ‏@Bashiok 32m
@HunterMG96 I don't think timing has much to do with it, myself. People are disappointed. I don't think timing would change it much.

DAFUQ.

"Come on. A bullet point on a slide at BlizzCon is hyping something? That's the worst hyping ever."

Haha. It's not like we weren't told in DETAIL during and after Blizzcon for months how awesome the phasing quests would be, how we'd help set up this base to use against the Iron Horde and call our home. Nope, now it was just a bullet point.

He's acting as if people don't understand that it's all subject to change. Of course it is - the point is, when you change something that upsets people that much, for pretty obvious reasons - how do you deal with it? What's your explanation? And they're coming up short, which is pouring oil on the fire.

If they changed it, they know why.
And we all know the lore reasons are complete BS they pulled out of their ass to pacify. If not, their writing is more shocking than previously anticipated.
Isn't Blizzcons sole purpose to hype their shit?
Old 06-30-2014, 05:21 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post

It's for the Nerds to meet up and Blizzard to announce things they WANT to do... As well as Drink beers and meet fans.

The effects of this thing will probably make blizzard use the word probably alot more because probably it had a probable impact... next expansion is impossible but not improbable.'

#probable
Old 06-30-2014, 05:23 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

Quote:

As i said the insane venomous hate that came with the change will overshadow the change in question. Simple as that when it gets to a crazy degree as it has. Just imagine if all the people who are spewing hate carried on voicing there opinions in a decent manner they would probably be more inclined to answer it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
No.

Blizzard do not need Blizzcon to gain hype for there games...
Old 06-30-2014, 05:25 PM

Elune

What's the point of Blizzcon if the upcoming content is followed by ''maybe/probably''?
Old 06-30-2014, 05:33 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:

I do find this kinda funny. In an effort to silence criticism of their decision to drastically change what they presented as Blizzcon, they all but outright say that anyone who pays to get a sneak peek at upcoming content being previewed there is wasting both their time and their money. Anything that can be described as either "early in-progress behind-the-scenes design" or "a bullet point on a powerpoint slide" can be reasonably disregarded because for all we know it will be just as relevant to upcoming WoW content as the moon landing or the plot of Charlie Chaplin's "The Great Dictator".
Old 06-30-2014, 05:35 PM

Site Staff - Admin

Grunt

Reignac is building a Dark Portal into a dangerous new WoD thread. Assemble heroes, and destroy the Iron Thread!
Closed Thread

Tags
warlocks of draenor