Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 12-22-2013, 11:49 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
It'll get better as more lore comes out, then worse as we pick it apart to complain.
Nah on SoL it'll just be worse.
Old 12-22-2013, 12:01 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
Nah on SoL it'll just be worse.
SoL is sort of the batbelt of WoW lore.. We've got an asshole for every occasion.
Old 12-22-2013, 02:03 PM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodedMan View Post
I love this forum when it goes to so much detail using what little info they might have, like Noble Gilnean houses from various name-only NPCs.
Kir and I are glad to be of service.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:01 AM

Druid of the Talon

I talked about how negative this forum has become months ago.

I've stalked here since vanilla. Back then it was a great place for discussing theories, and sharing excitement. I remember reading the Worgen/Gilneas theory here in vanilla, which came true in Cata. It was a place for creative lore fans.

For some reason its just become this place where people come to piss on Blizzard. I can't even fathom why it continues to exist, because every thread is literally WWAAAAHHHH I HATE BLIZZ.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:57 AM

Eternal

I agree with Ramses that the negativity is toxic, and I disagree with the assertion made by several that the negativity is SoL's natural state and Ramses should just deal with it by taking a vacation.

I think it's entirely possible to talk about possible avenues Blizzard could take without having to resort to "Blizz sucks" when those avenues aren't taken. It's possible to say "I don't like this turn of events, and here's why" without just saying "blizz sucks the writing sucks Kosak is a shiteater" nonstop.

I understand that part of the reason for the circlejerk is because people have gotten tired with being polite about what they don't like. When you can just hop into a thread and drop cynicism in a few words when it would otherwise take effort to produce a longer post explaining grievances, folks take the path of least resistance. That just aggravates the situation further, and moreover, it doesn't generate any actionable feedback. It tells Blizzard that they're doing something that aggravates some players, but it doesn't give any direction on how to fix it.

And yes, I know that Blizzard isn't always great at taking those notes; Kosak speaks long before he thinks most of the time, and everything he says is a joke until it turns out to be true later. But if we're just going to devolve into a pit of vipers than only produces poison because Blizzard simply can't do a single fucking thing to please us, then that's a reason for each of us to consider whether this community should still exist.

I don't need this negativity in my life. I've been posting here less frequently because I can't get into a single conversation that doesn't end up turning into bitching about the faction war, or bitching about Lordaeron, or nonsensical explorations into PJ being a girl who likes RP. And even ignoring the posters who only have cynicism and complaints and useless faffery in 100% of their posts, I still end up seeing their shit when people quote them, and it just makes it unavoidable without simply avoiding the site.

We all came here because we wanted to talk about the game. I think we should focus on doing that and let all the backbiting go. If you can't be constructive with your criticism, then maybe it doesn't need to be said. And if you feel like dropping constructive criticism is a waste of your time because Blizzard isn't listening, then maybe you should admit that you don't respect the gamemakers to make a good game and go elsewhere, because if your constructive criticism isn't going to make a difference then your bitching won't either.

Expect nothing and anything will surprise you.
Old 12-23-2013, 09:25 AM

The Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCrow View Post
I agree with Ramses that the negativity is toxic, and I disagree with the assertion made by several that the negativity is SoL's natural state and Ramses should just deal with it by taking a vacation.
It's not always the case, but it happens quite often and there is little that can be done to stop it.

Anybody counted how much long was my last SoL-less break?
Old 12-23-2013, 01:30 PM

Eternal

I'm sure the criticism will stop once Cdev takes the story out of the cramped color coded ally of SAVAGERY.

With that in mind. When did this negativity start?
Old 12-23-2013, 01:40 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
I think for most people, Cata.
Old 12-23-2013, 01:41 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
My impression was that it was just starting around the time I joined. People still thought of this place as a bastion of maturity and rationality compared to the Story Forum back then, but it was already changing, and soon the first version of the faction thread was born.
Old 12-23-2013, 01:43 PM

Banished

Regardless of some nostalgia from some folks that reminds me of the 4chan complaints (and as I would remind them: b was NEVER 'good'), I would still rather post here than the official Story forums (EU especially....)
Old 12-25-2013, 09:25 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Considering a lot of what we get as new posters seems to COME from those same story forums... bundle that with the game getting worse since Cataclysm and you get the current board.

And frankly - it's been much, MUCH worse around Cataclysm. (the board, not WoW. I'm not entirely sure yet but i think WoD shapes out to be worse than Cataclysm.)

Last edited by Commander Rotal; 12-25-2013 at 09:27 AM..

Tags
all land is scroll land, blizzard apologist, leave blizzard alone, scrolls of lore, sun god says, we gonna bury you here