Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #76  
Old 12-22-2013, 11:49 AM
Leviathon Leviathon is offline

Elune
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 21,434
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
It'll get better as more lore comes out, then worse as we pick it apart to complain.
Nah on SoL it'll just be worse.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 12-22-2013, 12:01 PM
Ruinshin Ruinshin is offline

Elune
Ruinshin's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 21,144

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
Nah on SoL it'll just be worse.
SoL is sort of the batbelt of WoW lore.. We've got an asshole for every occasion.
__________________
Fucking Epic :X
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 12-22-2013, 02:03 PM
Genesis Genesis is offline

Guru of Gilneas
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 13,218

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodedMan View Post
I love this forum when it goes to so much detail using what little info they might have, like Noble Gilnean houses from various name-only NPCs.
Kir and I are glad to be of service.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 12-23-2013, 08:01 AM
Grimo Grimo is offline

Druid of the Talon
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 89

Default

I talked about how negative this forum has become months ago.

I've stalked here since vanilla. Back then it was a great place for discussing theories, and sharing excitement. I remember reading the Worgen/Gilneas theory here in vanilla, which came true in Cata. It was a place for creative lore fans.

For some reason its just become this place where people come to piss on Blizzard. I can't even fathom why it continues to exist, because every thread is literally WWAAAAHHHH I HATE BLIZZ.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 12-23-2013, 08:57 AM
MisterCrow MisterCrow is offline

Eternal
MisterCrow's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 4,421

Default

I agree with Ramses that the negativity is toxic, and I disagree with the assertion made by several that the negativity is SoL's natural state and Ramses should just deal with it by taking a vacation.

I think it's entirely possible to talk about possible avenues Blizzard could take without having to resort to "Blizz sucks" when those avenues aren't taken. It's possible to say "I don't like this turn of events, and here's why" without just saying "blizz sucks the writing sucks Kosak is a shiteater" nonstop.

I understand that part of the reason for the circlejerk is because people have gotten tired with being polite about what they don't like. When you can just hop into a thread and drop cynicism in a few words when it would otherwise take effort to produce a longer post explaining grievances, folks take the path of least resistance. That just aggravates the situation further, and moreover, it doesn't generate any actionable feedback. It tells Blizzard that they're doing something that aggravates some players, but it doesn't give any direction on how to fix it.

And yes, I know that Blizzard isn't always great at taking those notes; Kosak speaks long before he thinks most of the time, and everything he says is a joke until it turns out to be true later. But if we're just going to devolve into a pit of vipers than only produces poison because Blizzard simply can't do a single fucking thing to please us, then that's a reason for each of us to consider whether this community should still exist.

I don't need this negativity in my life. I've been posting here less frequently because I can't get into a single conversation that doesn't end up turning into bitching about the faction war, or bitching about Lordaeron, or nonsensical explorations into PJ being a girl who likes RP. And even ignoring the posters who only have cynicism and complaints and useless faffery in 100% of their posts, I still end up seeing their shit when people quote them, and it just makes it unavoidable without simply avoiding the site.

We all came here because we wanted to talk about the game. I think we should focus on doing that and let all the backbiting go. If you can't be constructive with your criticism, then maybe it doesn't need to be said. And if you feel like dropping constructive criticism is a waste of your time because Blizzard isn't listening, then maybe you should admit that you don't respect the gamemakers to make a good game and go elsewhere, because if your constructive criticism isn't going to make a difference then your bitching won't either.
__________________
Lore Observation, Systems Design, and other science dropped at Power Word: Remix


Expect nothing and anything will surprise you.
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 12-23-2013, 09:25 AM
Kir the Wizard Kir the Wizard is offline

The Sun King
Kir the Wizard's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Donetsk, Occupied Ukraine
Posts: 11,115

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCrow View Post
I agree with Ramses that the negativity is toxic, and I disagree with the assertion made by several that the negativity is SoL's natural state and Ramses should just deal with it by taking a vacation.
It's not always the case, but it happens quite often and there is little that can be done to stop it.

Anybody counted how much long was my last SoL-less break?
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 12-23-2013, 01:30 PM
Arashi Arashi is offline

Eternal
Arashi's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,796

Default

I'm sure the criticism will stop once Cdev takes the story out of the cramped color coded ally of SAVAGERY.

With that in mind. When did this negativity start?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 12-23-2013, 01:40 PM
Hammerbrew Hammerbrew is offline

Banished
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 9,773

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
With that in mind. When did this negativity start?
I think for most people, Cata.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 12-23-2013, 01:41 PM
Bryn Bryn is offline

Arch-Druid
Bryn's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,180

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
With that in mind. When did this negativity start?
My impression was that it was just starting around the time I joined. People still thought of this place as a bastion of maturity and rationality compared to the Story Forum back then, but it was already changing, and soon the first version of the faction thread was born.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 12-23-2013, 01:43 PM
Hammerbrew Hammerbrew is offline

Banished
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 9,773

Default

Regardless of some nostalgia from some folks that reminds me of the 4chan complaints (and as I would remind them: b was NEVER 'good'), I would still rather post here than the official Story forums (EU especially....)
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 12-25-2013, 09:25 AM
Commander Rotal Commander Rotal is offline

Sha of Disappointment
Commander Rotal's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 13,095

Default

Considering a lot of what we get as new posters seems to COME from those same story forums... bundle that with the game getting worse since Cataclysm and you get the current board.

And frankly - it's been much, MUCH worse around Cataclysm. (the board, not WoW. I'm not entirely sure yet but i think WoD shapes out to be worse than Cataclysm.)

Last edited by Commander Rotal; 12-25-2013 at 09:27 AM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
all land is scroll land, blizzard apologist, leave blizzard alone, scrolls of lore, sun god says, we gonna bury you here

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.