Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > Halls of Lordaeron

Old 01-08-2020, 04:02 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
I see people who identify themselves with the honorable horde side feeling pretty happy and satisfied with BFA.
Ha Ha Ha, No..
Old 01-13-2020, 12:51 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Figured this might be of interest:

On one hand the music, voice acting, and general presentation seem to present Tyrande as pretty blatantly villain-foreshadowing, but on the other hand it frames Genn almost as the voice of reason in how he says Tyrande is right and Anduin is wrong, but then its focus on Anduin's hope so I have no idea where they're going with this.
Old 01-14-2020, 02:28 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
On one hand the music, voice acting, and general presentation seem to present Tyrande as pretty blatantly villain-foreshadowing, but on the other hand it frames Genn almost as the voice of reason in how he says Tyrande is right and Anduin is wrong, but then its focus on Anduin's hope so I have no idea where they're going with this.
To me it seems they are switching up the faction thematics. The Horde are now the confederated ones who yet seem to get alone well while the Alliance are in theory unified behind Stormwind but in practice they are a mess of competing wants and ideals.
Old 01-14-2020, 07:31 AM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
To me it seems they are switching up the faction thematics. The Horde are now the confederated ones who yet seem to get alone well while the Alliance are in theory unified behind Stormwind but in practice they are a mess of competing wants and ideals.
So pretty much unpleasant overall.
Old 01-14-2020, 07:35 AM

Priestess of the Moon

Thank you for posting that!

I had a couple of shower thoughts about this. Why didn't Anduin and Tryande speak prior to this? If Baine is committed to peace, wouldn't he at least have tried to reach out to Tyrande? If the writers are so interested about giving us a breadcrumb about the undead Night Elves that no one asked for, couldn't they have done better with explaining the state of the Night Elves now that the war is supposedly over? Is Tyrande going to attack something? What's next? Why did all of these people who golf clapped for the armistice suddenly leaving with Tyrande without so much as a word or a reaction?

Oh who am I kidding, the answer is probably that Blizzard didn't care.

Anduin sounds like he's lecturing Tyrande and comes off as being completely unsympathetic to why she's upset in the first place, but he's still framed as being "right". Will Tyrande be a villain? Will a company deploy as the message of their video game that it's wrong to pacify a state that has multiple times demonstrated that they're only interested in taking civilians for use as target practice, and otherwise will happily engage in genocide on the basis of blood and honor because some whacked out strongman told them to?

Probably. In the meantime, they already told us what Night Elf fans can reasonably expect: a nice pile of ashes.
Old 01-14-2020, 07:16 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgeAxe View Post
Ha Ha Ha, No..

Old 01-15-2020, 11:50 PM

World Builder

Again... Krainz, have you considered that Skoll and the lot of them are the outliers?

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/

Tags
lore, world of warcraft