Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #13551  
Old 10-08-2019, 04:12 PM
Kakwakas Kakwakas is offline

Elune
Kakwakas's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: US
Posts: 8,380

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
There very much is a reason.

Blizzard will do whatever they need to in order to suck on China's cock because they don't care about anything else but money.

They are vile, soulless, assholes and everyone who works there without leaving their jobs in protest is complicit for not standing up to blatant evil.

And everyone one of us who stays subbed is just as bad. But hey, addictions a bitch.
Businesses are not charities. They have a responsibility to maximize profits for their shareholders. They're capitalizing on the best market to be in right now.

Now in the name of the Dole Fruit Company, I order you to disperse.
__________________
Member #14

Last edited by Kakwakas; 10-08-2019 at 05:59 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #13552  
Old 10-09-2019, 02:21 AM
Noitora Noitora is offline

Elune
Noitora's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 34,690
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Fuck Blizzard. Everyone should boycott them.
But will we?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Yeah but where would this forum be if not for people speculating endlessly about things Blizzard doesn't give a shit about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Reply With Quote
  #13553  
Old 10-09-2019, 02:24 AM
Genesis Genesis is offline

Guru of Gilneas
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 13,277

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
There very much is a reason.

Blizzard will do whatever they need to in order to suck on China's cock because they don't care about anything else but money.

They are vile, soulless, assholes and everyone who works there without leaving their jobs in protest is complicit for not standing up to blatant evil.

And everyone one of us who stays subbed is just as bad. But hey, addictions a bitch.
Welcome to late capitalism, which despite many advocates claiming that it stands in accordance with liberal values, now frequently finds itself aligned against them because capitalism doesn't care about values, only the bottom line, minimizing costs, and maximizing value for shareholders.
Reply With Quote
  #13554  
Old 10-09-2019, 08:58 AM
Slowpokeking Slowpokeking is offline

Not Sure If Trolling...
Slowpokeking's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 9,016

Default

Your workplace is not to be used to express your personal political opinion.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13555  
Old 10-09-2019, 10:21 AM
Kakwakas Kakwakas is offline

Elune
Kakwakas's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: US
Posts: 8,380

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
But will we?
No. Boycotts just get called "cancel culture" and make people upset these days.

I'm still confused as to why certain people are getting upset over this, though. After that whole deal with the NFL protests, I thought their reasoning was that they didn't want politics in their games and that players protesting was bad.
__________________
Member #14

Last edited by Kakwakas; 10-09-2019 at 11:00 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #13556  
Old 10-09-2019, 11:15 AM
Genesis Genesis is offline

Guru of Gilneas
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 13,277

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Your workplace is not to be used to express your personal political opinion.
Slowpokeshill, would he have been punished had he voiced a pro-Chinese political opinion though?
Reply With Quote
  #13557  
Old 10-09-2019, 11:22 AM
Slowpokeking Slowpokeking is offline

Not Sure If Trolling...
Slowpokeking's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 9,016

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
Slowpokeshill, would he have been punished had he voiced a pro-Chinese political opinion though?
I am not pro-Chinese, I disagree with many things they have done, just like I don't like Trump.

I simply think it's not the place to do it, if they have done it, I agree that they should receive punishment as well.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13558  
Old 10-09-2019, 11:34 AM
Genesis Genesis is offline

Guru of Gilneas
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 13,277

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
I simply think it's not the place to do it, if they have done it, I agree that they should receive punishment as well.
So you are not so much pro-liberal or pro-free speech, but pro-corporations controlling their labor?

Almost always when people protest in sports or elsewhere, detractors say that it's not the right time and place. When others then press them about when is the right time and place, the answer is that there isn't a right place because any protest or free speech is a disconvenience that disrupts their sense of order.
Reply With Quote
  #13559  
Old 10-09-2019, 11:38 AM
Slowpokeking Slowpokeking is offline

Not Sure If Trolling...
Slowpokeking's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 9,016

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
So you are not so much pro-liberal or pro-free speech, but pro-corporations controlling their labor?

Almost always when people protest in sports or elsewhere, detractors say that it's not the right time and place. When others then press them about when is the right time and place, the answer is that there isn't a right place because any protest or free speech is a disconvenience that disrupts their sense of order.
It's reasonable because your freedom of speech of politics might hurt others, and the audience don't come to see political opinions. It's not corporation's idea, but the customer, the audience need respect. They might share different value but enjoy this sports.

And don't be pretending, you can't say whatever you want even here and in every online community. Many communities ban politics because it's easy to cause controversy.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13560  
Old 10-09-2019, 12:01 PM
Genesis Genesis is offline

Guru of Gilneas
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 13,277

Default

Jeff Kaplan Calmly Explains Why It’s Important to Balance Human Rights With Chinese Money
(above link has been marked 'satire' for the slow of wit)

Quote:
“When it comes to creating a better social experience for our players,” said a cool and collected Kaplan, “it’s important to balance things like sovereignty and freedom of speech with things like a chinese entity owning a 5% stake in your company. This is something we’ve been trying to get right for years at Blizzard, and I’m excited to announce some upcoming tweaks.”

In the 17-minute video, Kaplan outlined the implementation of a new internal Battle.net ranking system for tracking players’ political and philosophical stances. Said the VP, “This week we are also introducing new tools for players to report teammates for toxic behavior, or for mentioning strongly-discouraged phrases such as ‘incapable ruler,’ ‘500 years,’ and ‘Winnie the Pooh.’ We feel these systems are really going to help the community and also some other interested parties.”
Reply With Quote
  #13561  
Old 10-09-2019, 02:40 PM
Frostwolf Frostwolf is offline

Elune
Frostwolf's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 7,440

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Fuck Blizzard. Everyone should boycott them.
For once, we agree.
Reply With Quote
  #13562  
Old 10-09-2019, 04:11 PM
Kakwakas Kakwakas is offline

Elune
Kakwakas's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: US
Posts: 8,380

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

I've basically been boycotting Blizzard for at least 6 years now, and if you don't count that 1 month of WoW sub it's more like 10. Do I get a cookie?
__________________
Member #14
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
damn cubes, general thread, literally video games, video games, wololo

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.