Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 11-18-2013, 03:27 PM

World Builder

Runes

Scythegore Arm: a union of Blackrock and Shattered Hand clan members that specialize in the use of exceptionally massive weapons from worg-back, collapsing the supports of buildings and crushing the inhabitants within them. They were particularly infamous for striking at clans that dared question the Horde's leadership.

With the appearance of the Iron Horde, the Scythegore Arm has taken up the grisly practice of running ahead of the rest of the Horde's massive siege weaponry and dousing enemy encampments in oil,while stripping away fortifications with their enormous blades, ensuring their foes burn as the volleys of artillery begin.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 11-18-2013, 04:44 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Erthad #1438

Rageroar should be a new Orcish clan that some Orcs who didn't know what their clan lineage was joined.
Old 11-18-2013, 05:01 PM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erthad View Post
Rageroar should be a new Orcish clan that some Orcs who didn't know what their clan lineage was joined.
That'd fit. Orcs grasping for a cultural identity create a toxic one.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 11-18-2013, 05:01 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

I don't remember anything about Rageroar other than they made a Worgen cry.
Old 11-18-2013, 05:04 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
They had trolls.
Old 11-18-2013, 05:55 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
That was about it.

It's one thing to have problems and voice your concerns, but when you endlessly bitch day in and day out about the same tired old shit, it honestly makes me wonder why you are even here. Generally when somebody doesn't like something, they stop caring about it.

And on that note, SoL is a forum I no longer enjoy. So, I'm done here. And I genuinely think the people who have absolutely nothing at all positive to say about the game and, the people whose posts are composed entirely of whining, really consider leaving (or at least sticking to non-WoW sections). Because if you truly get no enjoyment out of WoW, then why are you here?

With that said, goodbye.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:05 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Odok#1101

No one likes my Bladewind idea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowtide View Post
For playing a fantasy game, some of you have a really withered imagination.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:30 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odok View Post
Bladewind Clan
Lore: A clan that lives by the strength of their chimeras, the Bladewind Clan meets out a harsh living amongst the jagged spires of Arak. They are a tribe of raiders who use lighting fast air strikes to overwhelm the local ogres and arakkoa. Upon coming of age each orc, male or female, is tasked with taming a wild chimera - a deadly affair that dooms most who attempt it. Those who succeed bond with their chimera for life with a fierceness that rivals the foulest beasts on Draenor, and a melding of spirits which allows them to fly as one. Those who fail and survive, or refuse entirely, are cursed to live out their days among the gron'har - a lower caste of the Blandwind, spat upon and forced to tend to daily operations amongst the camp. The Bladewind themselves are ferociously independent and free spirited, longing to spend a life soaring and fighting on the harsh razorwinds of their homeland, and it's said that their shaman harbor a particular affinity to spirits of the air.

In the original history, the Bladewind were the progenitors of the Dragonmaw. It it here that Warlord Zaela, ever loyal to Garrosh, traces her ancestry. She now works to bring the Bladewind into the Iron Horde, to rain death from the skies upon mighty armored chimera, and to rebuild her forces lost during the Siege of Orgrimmar.
i love you
Old 11-19-2013, 02:58 PM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odok View Post
No one likes my Bladewind idea?
I think it's fantastic, there's not much to improve upon.

Perhaps Pre-Outland Draenic Chimaera had one head and the key trait separating them from dragons are the lack of forelimbs?

My Worldbuilding:
Old 11-20-2013, 07:58 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Odok#1101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
I think it's fantastic, there's not much to improve upon.

Perhaps Pre-Outland Draenic Chimaera had one head and the key trait separating them from dragons are the lack of forelimbs?
This is a Draenic Chimaera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowtide View Post
For playing a fantasy game, some of you have a really withered imagination.
Old 11-20-2013, 06:13 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

Does anyone remember the Flowerpicker Clan?

I don't imagine we'll see them in WoD, but it's an amusing thought. I put my own speculation on the matter in another thread here on SoL.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Old 11-20-2013, 06:14 PM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Originally Posted by destron View Post
Does anyone remember the Flowerpicker Clan?

I don't imagine we'll see them in WoD, but it's an amusing thought. I put my own speculation on the matter in another thread here on SoL.
Check the first page, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 11-20-2013, 06:16 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

Quote:
Check the first page, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.
Just did.

Nice!

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Old 11-21-2013, 11:47 AM

The Sun King

Killsorrow Clan - a minor clan from Nagrand that mostly keeps close to its fortified keep, letting out into the larger world only the devious deathsworn, masterful huntsman and rogues, who are known for their ability to blend with the shadows and unfurl on their unsuspecting foes in a surprise attack, even if the price for such a surprise is to die in the blaze of glory. Thus, any kind of kill is a great event for the clan - a triumph of their ways, but also a sorrowful loss, signified by an all-clan mourning and a funeral feast.

The clan is deeply spiritual and doesn't have a definite chieftain, but is instead ruled by the Council of Crones - ancient shamanists masterful in both the tribal witchcraft and the history of the clans. It is the Crones who, after connecting with the ancestors, say out the names of the new destined deathsworn, while tutoring the rest of the clansmen in deadspeaking and other aspects of spiritual shamanism.

The Crones of Killsorrow were deeply interested in the findings of Ner'zhul and Gul'dan regarding the mysterious ancestors the two supposedly connected with. The clan is currently keeping contact with Gul'dan, wondering about the measure of power of an ancestor that Ner'zhul's pupil is eager to call a new "master".
Old 11-23-2013, 03:39 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
Old 11-23-2013, 03:42 PM

Quote:
There's been a lot of discussion about the lack of representation of female characters in Warlords of Draenor.
How do they know that?

(Let's be honest, unless I am horribly mistaken, so far we have more important female characters than we've ever had in an expansion.)

Edit: I agree with the message, though.
Old 11-23-2013, 08:01 PM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
How do they know that?

(Let's be honest, unless I am horribly mistaken, so far we have more important female characters than we've ever had in an expansion.)

Edit: I agree with the message, though.
Zaela, Yrel, Draka, maybe Garona and maybe Jaina? So... y'know I think you're right depending on how you count a character as major.

Vanilla didn't have anyone in particular... nor did TBC aside from Liadrin (and Geyah I guess?), Wotlk... Jaina and Sylvanas mostly, though we did see some cool faces along the way, such as Gorgonna and that Worgen-hunter lady*. Cata... we saw Zaela and Garona briefly, plus that one Forsaken Ambassador. There's Sylvanas and Lorna, though neither showed up much past Silverpine... all the naga leaders in Vasjh'ir, Tyrande...Ysera/Alexstraza... oh and that fire druid lady whose name escapes me.

MoP though... I think there were some ladies among the shadowpan? I dunno, never played it. Can someone else fill this bit in?

*looking back on that chain now it seems weird that it went the way it did and we ended up with Worgen, perhaps it would've been more natural for Gilneas to join if we'd gotten a few Worgen there in Grizzly Hills that weren't loyal to arugal or the scourge, or were freed when we double-killed his shade?

My Worldbuilding:
Old 11-24-2013, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Zaela, Yrel, Draka, maybe Garona and maybe Jaina? So... y'know I think you're right depending on how you count a character as major. (+Geyah.)

Vanilla didn't have anyone in particular... nor did TBC aside from Liadrin (and Geyah I guess?), Wotlk... Jaina and Sylvanas mostly, though we did see some cool faces along the way, such as Gorgonna and that Worgen-hunter lady*. Cata... we saw Zaela and Garona briefly, plus that one Forsaken Ambassador. There's Sylvanas and Lorna, though neither showed up much past Silverpine... all the naga leaders in Vasjh'ir, Tyrande...Ysera/Alexstraza... oh and that fire druid lady whose name escapes me.

MoP though... I think there were some ladies among the shadowpan? I dunno, never played it. Can someone else fill this bit in?

*looking back on that chain now it seems weird that it went the way it did and we ended up with Worgen, perhaps it would've been more natural for Gilneas to join if we'd gotten a few Worgen there in Grizzly Hills that weren't loyal to arugal or the scourge, or were freed when we double-killed his shade?
Yeah, we had a few women in the Shado-Pan, but IIRC, only one of them was actually relevant during the questing, and she died in the second Townlong hub.

Anyways, my point was that it seems like whoever wrote that article just took one of BlizzCon's questions as that statement's basis without actually doing their homework and comparing.

Leaving that aside, I wouldn't mind even more female characters.
Old 11-24-2013, 03:37 AM

The Sun King

Ha! My Killsorrow are ruled by women!
Old 11-24-2013, 10:36 AM

Arch-Druid

Taoshi was an important member. Also second most seen after Taran Zhu I think. In fact she felt like Taran's right hand woman.

In fact Shado-Pan as a whole had a lot of female members. Not one or two, but quite a few. Yalia, Fei Li the Firecracker, Chao the Voice etc. Master Snowdrift's two best students are girls.
Old 11-24-2013, 10:48 AM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodedMan View Post
Taoshi was an important member. Also second most seen after Taran Zhu I think. In fact she felt like Taran's right hand woman.

In fact Shado-Pan as a whole had a lot of female members. Not one or two, but quite a few. Yalia, Fei Li the Firecracker, Chao the Voice etc. Master Snowdrift's two best students are girls.
To be fair they did a good job with the pandaren female model.

They hit that mark they missed with the female worgen.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 11-24-2013, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodedMan View Post

Oh yeah, completely forgot that Taoshi gets to do thing on the TI.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:11 PM

World Builder

Runes

Lightning Blade Clan

Originally a melee-oriented branch of the hunting focused Thunderlord Clan, the Lightning Blade split away several decades ago after two siblings competed for the position of chieftain.

Their battles and contests repeatedly ended in draws, the last challenge, a race to the top of one of the narrow Bladelike mountain spires near the clan's home, ended in a draw as both siblings reached it simultaneously and were struck by lightning the moment they reached the top.

This was taken as a sign by the spirits that the two need not compete, and the clan shaman decreed that the Thunderlords should allow the younger sibling and her Lightningblade warriors to go their separate way and become their own clan.

The two clans, who had great respect for each other, developed as seasonal allies, coming together during the stormy seasons for shamanistic rituals involving lightning striking at the area's mountain spires, and occasionally uniting against the nearby Ogres and Gronn.

The Lightningblade's shaman are adept at imbuing their weapons with the power of the elements, in a young warriors coming of age ceremony they must place their weapon atop a spire during a storm and then retrieve it.

These weapons then carry a portion of the storms strength forevermore and make the clan truly fearsome in battle.

My Worldbuilding:

Tags
fanwank, ork klans, orks, rageroar clan