Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > Halls of Lordaeron

Old 08-22-2017, 09:07 AM

Problemsolver

You pussies can bash Trump all you want for this petty shit.

If I had the privilege to see that majestic eclipse I'd take off my protective sunglasses and sneak a look at it with my naked eyes too, like a goddamn champ.
Old 08-22-2017, 09:08 AM

Poor Soldier
BattleTag: Mathias#1221

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

If I had the privilege to see that majestic eclipse I'd take off my protective sunglasses and sneak a look at it with my naked eyes too, like a goddamn champ.
I love you. You're worth cheating on Noitora for.
Old 08-22-2017, 09:31 AM

Problemsolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnahar View Post
I'm just like your ignoramus for president in that way. I type whatever springs to mind in the spur of the moment, unadulterated and pure. Is that why you got a thing for Trump too?

And I like you too, Ragny, but I wouldn't want to be the one to break up you and Noitora. I couldn't. I mustn't! You guys are the role models America needs right now; a black man and a police officer not trying to kill eachother.
Old 08-22-2017, 09:37 AM

Poor Soldier

Quote:
I'm just like your ignoramus for president in that way. I type whatever springs to mind in the spur of the moment, unadulterated and pure. Is that why you got a thing for Trump too?

And I like you too, Ragny, but I wouldn't want to be the one to break up you and Noitora. I couldn't. I mustn't! You guys are the role models America needs right now; a black man and a police officer not trying to kill eachother.
I feel like the trying not to kill each other thing only lasts as long as we can both remember the safe word when stuff starts gettin hot and heavy. But there's nothing saying we can't all hook up, is it technically polygamy if it's only 2 and 3/5ths people in a relationship?
Old 08-22-2017, 10:58 AM

World Builder

Oh lord, why would they do this so short term?

https://solarpunkwitchcraft.tumblr.c...is-required-to

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 08-22-2017, 11:24 AM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Tragic.
I mess with you sometimes, but you hold your own and never disappoint.
Old 08-22-2017, 11:38 AM

Elune

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Oh lord, why would they do this so short term?
Because the right wing doesn't like the will of the American people or the Constitution getting in the way of their policy. I'll be surprised if the new lines aren't just as anti-democracy as the current ones.
Member #14
Old 08-22-2017, 12:20 PM

Elune

Look guys Trump eventually put eye wear on for protection. In 2024 he will remember and we can have a president that doesn't directly stare at the sun for the next solar eclipse.
Old 08-22-2017, 12:22 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

I think now that Bannon's gone, Trump's at least going to be getting more advice from good people (Mattis, McMaster, etc).

My main caveat about further involvement in Afghanistan is simply that I'm not sure the American people will see it through. I have no doubt that our military is capable, but it's already been shown that Americans will quickly lose interest and enthusiasm in long-term projects like this.

Nonetheless, I support American efforts to manage the region. I think there are pretty skilled people in charge of the military right now, and they can get good work done provided they are given time and some flexibility.

I'm skeptical about Indian involvement. India is a powerful country, but I'm not sure if they're powerful enough to really provide much help. They still have a lot of work to do on their own country.

There's concern that allying with India will provoke Pakistan, but given that Pakistan has already undermined our efforts, it may not matter. I don't mind pivoting from Pakistan to India, but having an openly hostile (instead of a covertly hostile) Pakistan could cause serious problems in Afghanistan. But people much smarter than me are already working on how to handle this, so hopefully things will go well.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Old 08-22-2017, 12:47 PM

Elune

I think there may be a way to salvage this presidency. The guy is a moron, but he's an easily-impressionable moron. If we get a bunch of left-leaning PACs to focus on getting as many of their people near him as possible, changing the channel on his TV, etc, he can be influenced to not completely fuck things up.
Member #14
Old 08-22-2017, 01:47 PM

Elune

Google abraham lincoln.
Old 08-22-2017, 02:52 PM

Elune

I wonder how much of antifa is just a bunch of right-wing false flaggers. It seems to be a large amount.
http://gizmodo.com/the-right-is-fall...nts-1798287977
Member #14
Old 08-22-2017, 04:08 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
Google abraham lincoln.
Didn't see anything odd, neither in the pictures nor the links offered.

Though sometimes when you search certain terms in google the pictures it returns are... very odd to say the least.
Old 08-22-2017, 04:21 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
You know you two can have each other right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 08-22-2017, 04:45 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
Didn't see anything odd, neither in the pictures nor the links offered.

Though sometimes when you search certain terms in google the pictures it returns are... very odd to say the least.
Google has changed his party to National Union Party. Its a manual edit, because Wikipedia, where it pulls that info from, is correct.
Old 08-22-2017, 06:49 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by HlaaluStyle View Post
I think now that Bannon's gone, Trump's at least going to be getting more advice from good people (Mattis, McMaster, etc).

My main caveat about further involvement in Afghanistan is simply that I'm not sure the American people will see it through. I have no doubt that our military is capable, but it's already been shown that Americans will quickly lose interest and enthusiasm in long-term projects like this.

Nonetheless, I support American efforts to manage the region. I think there are pretty skilled people in charge of the military right now, and they can get good work done provided they are given time and some flexibility.

I'm skeptical about Indian involvement. India is a powerful country, but I'm not sure if they're powerful enough to really provide much help. They still have a lot of work to do on their own country.

There's concern that allying with India will provoke Pakistan, but given that Pakistan has already undermined our efforts, it may not matter. I don't mind pivoting from Pakistan to India, but having an openly hostile (instead of a covertly hostile) Pakistan could cause serious problems in Afghanistan. But people much smarter than me are already working on how to handle this, so hopefully things will go well.
I would be pretty devastated if the Taliban were able to take over Afghanistan again. Over the last eight years the US maintained a presence there but didn't seem to be concerned about winning. Former Defense Secretaries to Barrack Obama broke ranks with him and said he didn't believe in his own strategy or the war over there. It just seemed like a political thing to him to save face and became its own self-fulfilling prophecy. I hope with General Kelly and General Mattis both fought in this war too will be able to employ a more pragmatic strategy in order to secure a victory there. It is something that is certainly possible with the right leadership and a commander in chief that actually wants it to happen.
Old 08-22-2017, 08:29 PM

Poor Soldier

When an Asian-American who works at ESPN is taken off of casting a football game because his name just happens to be Robert Lee. Jesus Christ America.
Old 08-22-2017, 08:33 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
I would be pretty devastated if the Taliban were able to take over Afghanistan again. Over the last eight years the US maintained a presence there but didn't seem to be concerned about winning. Former Defense Secretaries to Barrack Obama broke ranks with him and said he didn't believe in his own strategy or the war over there. It just seemed like a political thing to him to save face and became its own self-fulfilling prophecy. I hope with General Kelly and General Mattis both fought in this war too will be able to employ a more pragmatic strategy in order to secure a victory there. It is something that is certainly possible with the right leadership and a commander in chief that actually wants it to happen.
I'm sure Braindead Betsy's brother will get involved and continue to make good on the president's promise to kill more innocent civilians since he's so good at it (that incident was a major reason why the last SOFA was made unacceptable). He has already tried asking for control of the region like some kind of viceroy. That should do the trick, right?
Member #14

Last edited by Kakwakas; 08-22-2017 at 08:40 PM..
Old 08-22-2017, 09:31 PM

Elune

Quote:
When an Asian-American who works at ESPN is taken off of casting a football game because his name just happens to be Robert Lee. Jesus Christ America.
All this liberal book burning is concerning.
Old 08-22-2017, 09:39 PM

Elune

Quote:
Youtube Videos about destiny the vidya game have been demonitized because of gratuitous violence.

The over-sensitive generation is supposed to be a joke.
Old 08-22-2017, 10:46 PM

Elune

"The U.S.-led coalition fighting the Islamic State militant group (ISIS) has killed more civilians during President Donald Trump's first seven months in office than in the three years it existed under his predecessor, according to the latest estimate by a U.K.-based monitor."
http://www.newsweek.com/trump-has-al...st-isis-653564
"The other thing with the terrorists is you have to take out their families, when you get these terrorists, you have to take out their families. They care about their lives, don't kid yourself. When they say they don't care about their lives, you have to take out their families."
Member #14
Old 08-23-2017, 01:07 AM

Elune

Quote:

Old 08-23-2017, 02:24 AM

Elune

Quote:
Looks like what actually happened was he was aware of his name and agreed it might feel awkward to announce a game in Charlottesville right now. He wasn't forced into anything.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...sts/592458001/
Silly, though. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be a publicity stunt.

Last edited by Kakwakas; 08-23-2017 at 02:46 AM..
Old 08-23-2017, 06:42 AM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by HlaaluStyle View Post
But people much smarter than me are already working on how to handle this, so hopefully things will go well.
Top men?

Quote:
"Liberal" is not what springs to mind when I think of ESPN and any of its anchors. Also, self-censorship by a major TV sports network - even for something this stupid - is not in anyway "liberal book burning."
Old 08-23-2017, 06:48 AM

Problemsolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
"Liberal" is not what springs to mind when I think of ESPN and any of its anchors. Also, self-censorship by a major TV sports network - even for something this stupid - is not in anyway "liberal book burning."
I blame it on capitalism, like I do most things. If they weren't afraid of losing viewers (and thus capital) I'm pretty sure they wouldn't give much of a care.

Tags
politics, serious business, sylvanas for president