Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > Halls of Lordaeron

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11026  
Old 08-28-2017, 05:09 AM
C9H20 C9H20 is offline

Elune
C9H20's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 12,229

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantus View Post
As I said at the end of my last post, I'm not discussing this topic further here. If you have questions, concerns, or need confirmation/clarifications on my answers, PM me.
Alright moving this here then. I won't move this to PMs because I think it is a public matter since your accusation was also public and you are a public figure on these forums.

When did Smoke mention the 13 words? It is a rather serious accusation and should be backed by evidence.

Though strictly speaking the 13 words are not bad in of themselves, too much woman worship for my tastes but generally alright of an idea. Obviously the bad side is it implies you may have links with legit Nazis who have other ideas that are very much repugnant.
Reply With Quote
  #11027  
Old 08-28-2017, 08:26 AM
Cantus Cantus is offline

Ethermancer - Admin
Cantus's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: DC, U.S.
Posts: 11,091
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
Alright moving this here then. I won't move this to PMs because I think it is a public matter since your accusation was also public and you are a public figure on these forums.

When did Smoke mention the 13 words? It is a rather serious accusation and should be backed by evidence.

Though strictly speaking the 13 words are not bad in of themselves, too much woman worship for my tastes but generally alright of an idea. Obviously the bad side is it implies you may have links with legit Nazis who have other ideas that are very much repugnant.
The point at which it needs to become public is the point at which I'll make it public. The reason I'm not doing that yet is because I don't have time to have a public argument over every semantic detail of my posts this week.

Also, as a point of note, the number "14" is the key here as it speaks directly to the number of words in the phrase they're referencing. So, unless there's a new phrase or the KKK has begun failing at pre-school level math, I'm assuming you meant "14 words" above.
__________________

Rationalizing the irrational since 2005.

Last edited by Cantus; 08-28-2017 at 08:30 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #11028  
Old 08-28-2017, 08:43 AM
C9H20 C9H20 is offline

Elune
C9H20's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 12,229

Default

You have the power to do as you please but seriously slandering a member and then failing to back that up is deeply wrong. But given your reply there is nothing further to say.
Reply With Quote
  #11029  
Old 08-28-2017, 08:56 AM
Cantus Cantus is offline

Ethermancer - Admin
Cantus's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: DC, U.S.
Posts: 11,091
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
You have the power to do as you please but seriously slandering a member and then failing to back that up is deeply wrong. But given your reply there is nothing further to say.
As I said, I don't have time to discuss this, much less in a public arena where I need to spend 3 hours responding to people taking things out of context. I trust that you have the best intentions in challenging my statement, but I'm not going to engage in public on that topic until a later date for the previously stated reasons.
__________________

Rationalizing the irrational since 2005.
Reply With Quote
  #11030  
Old 08-28-2017, 09:38 AM
PajamaSalad PajamaSalad is offline

Elune
PajamaSalad's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Undisclosed location in the Universe.
Posts: 42,139

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
Thanks. You're pretty cool for, one of the bad guys.
When Trump locks everyone up and creates a tiered society I will smuggle you though the underground railroad.
Reply With Quote
  #11031  
Old 08-28-2017, 11:34 AM
Kellick Kellick is offline

Site Staff - Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 12,052
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
When Trump locks everyone up and creates a tiered society I will smuggle you though the underground railroad.
But Indiana isn't even a border state?! How are you going to ship Anansi to safety if the best you can do is send him to Detroit?
Reply With Quote
  #11032  
Old 08-28-2017, 11:43 AM
Kakwakas Kakwakas is offline

Elune
Kakwakas's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: US
Posts: 8,387

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellick View Post
But Indiana isn't even a border state?! How are you going to ship Anansi to safety if the best you can do is send him to Detroit?
Wait until winter and drive across Lake Michigan into Canada. It worked during prohibition.
__________________
Member #14
Reply With Quote
  #11033  
Old 08-28-2017, 12:23 PM
Ruinshin Ruinshin is offline

Elune
Ruinshin's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 21,145

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakwakas View Post
Wait until winter and drive across Lake Michigan into Canada. It worked during prohibition.
Global Warming Its a White Supremacist plan to stop slaves from using that route when they bring slavery back.
Obviously, thats why the GoP keeps denying it.

They are all Nazi Konfederates after all.
__________________
Fucking Epic :X
Reply With Quote
  #11034  
Old 08-28-2017, 01:15 PM
Kellick Kellick is offline

Site Staff - Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 12,052
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakwakas View Post
Wait until winter and drive across Lake Michigan into Canada. It worked during prohibition.
Wait, does Lake Michigan even freeze over completely? I could believe Lake Ontario or Erie, but Michigan?
Reply With Quote
  #11035  
Old 08-28-2017, 03:05 PM
PajamaSalad PajamaSalad is offline

Elune
PajamaSalad's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Undisclosed location in the Universe.
Posts: 42,139

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellick View Post
But Indiana isn't even a border state?! How are you going to ship Anansi to safety if the best you can do is send him to Detroit?
I can transverse across state borders. It is a skill I have.
Reply With Quote
  #11036  
Old 08-28-2017, 04:55 PM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 15,166

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
Alright moving this here then. I won't move this to PMs because I think it is a public matter since your accusation was also public and you are a public figure on these forums.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantus View Post
The point at which it needs to become public is the point at which I'll make it public.
Pfff. Reality doesn't work that way, Mr. President.
Reply With Quote
  #11037  
Old 08-28-2017, 05:14 PM
Cantus Cantus is offline

Ethermancer - Admin
Cantus's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: DC, U.S.
Posts: 11,091
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

Default

I find it amazing that people think I'm going to accede to their demands for a public spectacle when they could've just PM'd me already.
__________________

Rationalizing the irrational since 2005.
Reply With Quote
  #11038  
Old 08-28-2017, 05:19 PM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 15,166

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantus View Post
I find it amazing that people think I'm going to accede to their demands for a public spectacle when they could've just PM'd me already.
You've already created the spectacle, as usual. You seem drawn to them. Much like our president.

Hold on, I haven't had any alcohol. Let me disappear this conflict...
Reply With Quote
  #11039  
Old 08-28-2017, 05:23 PM
Ruinshin Ruinshin is offline

Elune
Ruinshin's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 21,145

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantus View Post
I find it amazing that people think I'm going to accede to their demands for a public spectacle when they could've just PM'd me already.
Public statements require public rebuttals.

Its why the Trump Grand Jury wasnt a big deal. It was being assembled regardless of his guilt to make the governments position public.

But, I mean, ultimately, not a democracy.

But, I mean, you said you dont have time this week, so if they expect answers it should be next week.
__________________
Fucking Epic :X
Reply With Quote
  #11040  
Old 08-28-2017, 05:25 PM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 32,503

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You've already created the spectacle, as usual. You seem drawn to them. Much like our president.

Hold on, I haven't had any alcohol. Let me disappear this conflict...
Cantus, while Rude, was doing his job in responding to Smokes trollingly bringing up quotes from 9 months ago
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #11041  
Old 08-28-2017, 05:28 PM
Ruinshin Ruinshin is offline

Elune
Ruinshin's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 21,145

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Cantus, while Rude, was doing his job in responding to Smokes trollingly bringing up quotes from 9 months ago
Calling him stormfront and mentioning 14 words isnt part of his job.

But whatever. People either need to wait, or PM.
__________________
Fucking Epic :X
Reply With Quote
  #11042  
Old 08-28-2017, 06:09 PM
Ragnahar Ragnahar is offline

Poor Soldier
Ragnahar's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 12,430
BattleTag: Mathias#1221

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantus View Post
I find it amazing that people think I'm going to accede to their demands for a public spectacle when they could've just PM'd me already.
You created this spectacle, yet again. Good luck cleaning up another mess.
__________________
Game over, man. Game over.
Reply With Quote
  #11043  
Old 08-28-2017, 10:42 PM
Kakwakas Kakwakas is offline

Elune
Kakwakas's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: US
Posts: 8,387

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

ICE is asking for permission to start destroying old records regarding sexual assaults, deaths, and various other events that go on in their facilities.
https://www.aclu.org/blog/immigrants...ords-immigrant
__________________
Member #14
Reply With Quote
  #11044  
Old 08-28-2017, 10:56 PM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 32,503

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakwakas View Post
ICE is asking for permission to start destroying old records regarding sexual assaults, deaths, and various other events that go on in their facilities.
https://www.aclu.org/blog/immigrants...ords-immigrant
This is horrifying.


Oh and...

https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/u-gover...183655795.html
Quote:
U.S. immigration officials reportedly left 50 women and children stranded at a San Antonio bus station in the path of Hurricane Harvey, according to the Rivard Report, a nonprofit newsroom in San Antonio.
So is this.

Thankfully they seem to have gotten situated at some local churches, but that's still tremendously unacceptable.
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #11045  
Old 08-29-2017, 05:49 AM
PajamaSalad PajamaSalad is offline

Elune
PajamaSalad's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Undisclosed location in the Universe.
Posts: 42,139

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnahar View Post
You created this spectacle, yet again. Good luck cleaning up another mess.
Yeah people don't need to white knight Cantus here. He brought it upon himself.
Reply With Quote
  #11046  
Old 08-29-2017, 01:23 PM
Kakwakas Kakwakas is offline

Elune
Kakwakas's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: US
Posts: 8,387

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Ok, while I acknowledge that Houston may have been disproportionately affected by this disaster(I mean, if you believe the copious media reports and numerous first hand accounts), I still feel that saying "Houston Lives Matter" belittles and minimizes weather-related incidents suffered by other cities. #AllCitiesMatter
__________________
Member #14
Reply With Quote
  #11047  
Old 08-29-2017, 05:22 PM
PajamaSalad PajamaSalad is offline

Elune
PajamaSalad's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Undisclosed location in the Universe.
Posts: 42,139

Default

Trump Set to Roll Back Limits on Military Gear for Police

With all the riots and angry mobs about I actually feel a lot safer when the police is better equipped. The rioters may not be afraid of someone like me because I usually just carry around a backpack which makes me easy prey but a decked out police force that they have no chance against might make them reconsider attacking political detractors or random businesses.
Reply With Quote
  #11048  
Old 08-29-2017, 05:30 PM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 15,166

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakwakas View Post
Ok, while I acknowledge that Houston may have been disproportionately affected by this disaster(I mean, if you believe the copious media reports and numerous first hand accounts), I still feel that saying "Houston Lives Matter" belittles and minimizes weather-related incidents suffered by other cities. #AllCitiesMatter
Not sure if this is sarcasm - because I sort of agree with it. Devastation happens in so many forms, in so many places, every day.
Reply With Quote
  #11049  
Old 08-29-2017, 08:38 PM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 32,503

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
Trump Set to Roll Back Limits on Military Gear for Police

With all the riots and angry mobs about I actually feel a lot safer when the police is better equipped. The rioters may not be afraid of someone like me because I usually just carry around a backpack which makes me easy prey but a decked out police force that they have no chance against might make them reconsider attacking political detractors or random businesses.
1. Most protests are peaceful

2. I posted an observation the other day that the issue for police is not equipment it's the growing shift of them being part of the community to being like an occupying military force, I've not seen any sign lack of -access- to equipment was an issue
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #11050  
Old 08-29-2017, 10:18 PM
PajamaSalad PajamaSalad is offline

Elune
PajamaSalad's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Undisclosed location in the Universe.
Posts: 42,139

Default

Those Who Don't Fight Evil Fight Statues


Why fight real evil when you can fight people too good to defend themselves? I like the word moral onanism. This has always been a weird sort of phenomenon with certain people. It reminds me of that PowerPuff Girl episode where the hippies defend Mojojojo.

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
realspace, serious business

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.