Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-17-2013, 06:27 PM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 32,501

Runes Minor Orc Clan/Group Thread

A thread for thinking about how Clans from the lore that aren't as major as the Shattered Hand or Blackrock or Warsong can get positive attention, either in Warlords of Draenor or in general / your own thoughts.

A few thoughts:
Whiteclaw: Hyper-traditionalistic, very powerful shaman, a neighbor of the Frostwolves, but they venerate large birds and such instead.

Bladewind: Related to the Burning Blade, these orcs temper their bloodlust with strict codes of honor and a fierce independent streak. The source of some of the Samurai aesthetics for the Blademasters.

Redwalker: A particularly brutal clan of nomadic orcs that were highly mercenary in nature, trading their aid in battle against any enemy in exchange for excess food and supplies.
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-17-2013, 06:29 PM
Erthad Erthad is offline

Elune
Erthad's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Stromgarde
Posts: 9,556
BattleTag: Erthad #1438

Default

I'm all about my Rageroar niggas.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-17-2013, 06:32 PM
Trickster Trickster is offline

Elune
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Trickster's Mighty Keep
Posts: 7,369

Default

Id like to see more characterization for Laughing Skull and Bonechewer. I feel they could be the bordeline crazy clans.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brojar View Post
i literally just shit my pants with rage
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-17-2013, 06:33 PM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 32,501

Runes

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhinyAlly View Post
Id like to see more characterization for Laughing Skull and Bonechewer. I feel they could be the bordeline crazy clans.
If memory serves Laughing Skull was sort of assassin-ish and Bonechewer were cannibals... so it'd be cool to see them doing something with alchemy or cooking to make Dire orcs or something like that.
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-17-2013, 09:23 PM
Menel'dirion Menel'dirion is offline

Eternal
Menel'dirion's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)
Posts: 2,566

Ogre

Laughing Skull, based up in Farahlon introduced in what 6.1, are still slaves to the Ogre Warlord Mogor, and act as pirates on the High Seas. Mogor is a crimelord. Think Jabba the Hutt with legs.

Last edited by Menel'dirion; 11-17-2013 at 09:25 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-17-2013, 09:24 PM
Trickster Trickster is offline

Elune
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Trickster's Mighty Keep
Posts: 7,369

Default

I want Laughing Skull orcs to have skulls painted on their face when they are introduced in 6.X.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brojar View Post
i literally just shit my pants with rage
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-17-2013, 09:27 PM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 32,501

Runes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
Laughing Skull, based up in Farahlon introduced in what 6.1, are still slaves to the Ogre Warlord Mogor, and act as pirates on the High Seas. Mogor is a crimelord. Think Jabba the Hutt with legs.
That's really cool, where'd you hear it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhinyAlly View Post
I want Laughing Skull orcs to have skulls painted on their face when they are introduced in 6.X.
Have the facepaint as a head item or anew customization option? I vote customization.
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-17-2013, 09:29 PM
Menel'dirion Menel'dirion is offline

Eternal
Menel'dirion's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)
Posts: 2,566

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhinyAlly View Post
I want Laughing Skull orcs to have skulls painted on their face when they are introduced in 6.X.
meh, skulls on the face was Ner'zhul's thing back in BtDP. But I could see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
That's really cool, where'd you hear it?



Have the facepaint as a head item or anew customization option? I vote customization.
I wish I'd heard it. I apologize, I should have been more clear, but that's my wish. Mogor always intrigued me. I'd like to see him as some sort of crimelord, possibly part of an underground element of this declining Ogre Empire. The corrupt element of a failing society.

Last edited by Menel'dirion; 11-17-2013 at 09:32 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-17-2013, 09:36 PM
Trickster Trickster is offline

Elune
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Trickster's Mighty Keep
Posts: 7,369

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
or anew customization option? I vote customization.
Customization of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
meh, skulls on the face was Ner'zhul's thing back in BtDP. But I could see it.
It would make them more than "the random clan that is introduced in a patch". And since they are assassins, they could be contemplative of death as well.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brojar View Post
i literally just shit my pants with rage
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-17-2013, 09:38 PM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 32,501

Runes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post

I wish I'd heard it. I apologize, I should have been more clear, but that's my wish. Mogor always intrigued me. I'd like to see him as some sort of crimelord, possibly part of an underground element of this declining Ogre Empire. The corrupt element of a failing society.
Ahhh, agreed. I think the Ogres that managed to get orcs to follow/tolerate/accept them deserve a little credit.
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-17-2013, 09:51 PM
Insane Guy of Doom Insane Guy of Doom is offline

Time-Lost Proto Nerd
Insane Guy of Doom's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 9,999

Default

I have an idea too: Laughing Skull clan is refused entry into the Iron Horde because of Mogor and their tolerance towards ogres (Non non-orcs in Garrosh's Horde after all), and thus they are forced into an unfriendly alliance with the Frostwolves, becoming the Horde reputation faction for 6.1 (Alliance's would be the Farahlon city draenei).
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-17-2013, 09:58 PM
Trickster Trickster is offline

Elune
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Trickster's Mighty Keep
Posts: 7,369

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
I have an idea too: Laughing Skull clan is refused entry into the Iron Horde because of Mogor and their tolerance towards ogres (Non non-orcs in Garrosh's Horde after all), and thus they are forced into an unfriendly alliance with the Frostwolves, becoming the Horde reputation faction for 6.1 (Alliance's would be the Farahlon city draenei).
But I want to kill them. Raze their cities and slaughter their warriors.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brojar View Post
i literally just shit my pants with rage
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-17-2013, 09:58 PM
Crewx Crewx is offline

Glaive Thrower
Crewx's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 62

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
Whiteclaw: Hyper-traditionalistic, very powerful shaman, a neighbor of the Frostwolves, but they venerate large birds and such instead.
Make it scorpions instead of birds and that would be my absolute favorite Orc clan.

I've always wanted the Orc-Scorpion relationship to be explored more, since they seem to like having them around lately. Not to mention birds may get some raised eyebrows from Darkspears since they aren't supposed to like birds.

I think large birds on Draenor would mostly be associated with the Arakkoa anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-17-2013, 10:00 PM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 32,501

Runes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crewx View Post
Make it scorpions instead of birds and that would be my absolute favorite Orc clan.

I've always wanted the Orc-Scorpion relationship to be explored more, since they seem to like having them around lately. Not to mention birds may get some raised eyebrows from Darkspears since they aren't supposed to like birds.

I think large birds on Draenor would mostly be associated with the Arakkoa anyway.
That's a good point but white scorpions would look weird. Perhaps scorpions could be attached to one of the other clans?
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-17-2013, 10:06 PM
Crewx Crewx is offline

Glaive Thrower
Crewx's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 62

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
That's a good point but white scorpions would look weird. Perhaps scorpions could be attached to one of the other clans?
Mmm, I don't think white scorpions would be that weird, but it would be kinda weird for them to live in a snow covered place (Since they'd be Frostwolf neighbors).

Maybe the Dark Scar Clan, if they hadn't been wiped out by this point.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-17-2013, 10:07 PM
Trickster Trickster is offline

Elune
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Trickster's Mighty Keep
Posts: 7,369

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
That's a good point but white scorpions would look weird. Perhaps scorpions could be attached to one of the other clans?
Shattered Hand? Seeing as they are sadomasochists, perhaps their "games" could be being poisonned by scorpions and surviving.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brojar View Post
i literally just shit my pants with rage
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-17-2013, 10:22 PM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 32,501

Runes

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhinyAlly View Post
Shattered Hand? Seeing as they are sadomasochists, perhaps their "games" could be being poisonned by scorpions and surviving.
Possible, though I'd prefer a clan that isn't always antagonistic... maybe Bleeding Hollow get their hallucinogens from scorpion venom?

Maybe Redwalker...
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-17-2013, 11:47 PM
Volkrin Volkrin is offline

The Digger
Volkrin's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Here
Posts: 9,019

Default

Rockeater clan: Eats rocks. Robust dental industry.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-17-2013, 11:54 PM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Moderator
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 40,949

Default

Flowerpicker clan: Uses poison harvested from plants. The name was initially used as an insult, but the Flowerpickers adopted it as their clan name to mock those who had once dared to mock them.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-18-2013, 08:01 AM
Revenant Revenant is offline

Revenant - Moderator
Revenant's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 9,278

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Flowerpicker clan: Uses poison harvested from plants. The name was initially used as an insult, but the Flowerpickers adopted it as their clan name to mock those who had once dared to mock them.
I like this. Everyone laughs at their name until they are poisoned.
__________________
^Ignored again.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 11-18-2013, 08:22 AM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 32,501

Runes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkrin View Post
Rockeater clan: Eats rocks. Robust dental industry.
They tame rockflayers!
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-18-2013, 09:35 AM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Moderator
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 40,949

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
I like this. Everyone laughs at their name until they are poisoned.
I think they've become one of my favorite clans now, despite this not being canon.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-18-2013, 09:47 AM
Lord Grimtale Lord Grimtale is offline

Elune
Lord Grimtale's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Slaughtered Lamb
Posts: 22,046
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Default

Grimgush clan - Orcish clan full of DK's who are veterans of the Third War making attempts to go clean.

Grimskarr clan - Orcs that know how to use machine guns and chomp cigars.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-18-2013, 10:46 AM
Reignac Reignac is offline

Elune
Reignac's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Yes.
Posts: 6,837

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crewx View Post
Mmm, I don't think white scorpions would be that weird, but it would be kinda weird for them to live in a snow covered place (Since they'd be Frostwolf neighbors).

Maybe the Dark Scar Clan, if they hadn't been wiped out by this point.
Well IGoD found some "Scorpar" things in Frostfire Ridge.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reignac View Post
You know, when I put the "i hate all of you" tag in threads, I'm not trying to be funny or cute. With a handful of exceptions, I really do hate almost everybody here.

It's one thing to have problems and voice your concerns, but when you endlessly bitch day in and day out about the same tired old shit, it honestly makes me wonder why you are even here. Generally when somebody doesn't like something, they stop caring about it.

And on that note, SoL is a forum I no longer enjoy. So, I'm done here. And I genuinely think the people who have absolutely nothing at all positive to say about the game and, the people whose posts are composed entirely of whining, really consider leaving (or at least sticking to non-WoW sections). Because if you truly get no enjoyment out of WoW, then why are you here?

With that said, goodbye.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-18-2013, 12:09 PM
Odok Odok is offline

Arch-Druid
Odok's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 1,987
BattleTag: Odok#1101

Default

Bladewind Clan
Location: Spires of Arak
Lore: A clan that lives by the strength of their chimeras, the Bladewind Clan meets out a harsh living amongst the jagged spires of Arak. They are a tribe of raiders who use lighting fast air strikes to overwhelm the local ogres and arakkoa. Upon coming of age each orc, male or female, is tasked with taming a wild chimera - a deadly affair that dooms most who attempt it. Those who succeed bond with their chimera for life with a fierceness that rivals the foulest beasts on Draenor, and a melding of spirits which allows them to fly as one. Those who fail and survive, or refuse entirely, are cursed to live out their days among the gron'har - a lower caste of the Bladewind, spat upon and forced to tend to daily operations amongst the camp. The Bladewind themselves are ferociously independent and free spirited, longing to spend a life soaring and fighting on the harsh razorwinds of their homeland, and it's said that their shaman harbor a particular affinity to spirits of the air.

In the original history, the Bladewind were the progenitors of the Dragonmaw. It it here that Warlord Zaela, ever loyal to Garrosh, traces her ancestry. She now works to bring the Bladewind into the Iron Horde, to rain death from the skies upon mighty armored chimera, and to rebuild her forces lost during the Siege of Orgrimmar.
__________________
Head Canon: The Deathwing Gambit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowtide View Post
For playing a fantasy game, some of you have a really withered imagination.

Last edited by Odok; 11-20-2013 at 07:55 AM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fanwank, ork klans, orks, rageroar clan

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.