Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 08-19-2011, 02:16 PM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

Darkmoon Card: Heroism Comic Book/Superhero Movie Thread

So the comics thread can just be about comics and I don't have to worry about going to there and seeing spoilers or whatever.

So, yeah, Avengers, Dark Knight Rises, and the Superman reboot are the upcoming ones. I'm only looking forward to the first two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed

Last edited by Shaman; 04-17-2015 at 04:45 PM..
Old 08-19-2011, 02:26 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Another Superman movie? Well I'll look forward to it if it actually does feel like a superhero movie and not a romance movie. I'm more excited about the new Dark Knight movie than I am for the Avengers too but I look forward to seeing how Marvel can handle a good superhero team movie.
Old 08-19-2011, 02:29 PM
Slowpokeking

Does Transformers/GIJOE counts?

I want to see He-Man movie.
Old 08-19-2011, 02:31 PM

Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimtale View Post
Another Superman movie? Well I'll look forward to it if it actually does feel like a superhero movie and not a romance movie.

Its being directed by Zac Snyder. Judging by his past works, its not going to be good.

Quote:
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 08-19-2011, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Do you believe Superman curse?
No.

Quote:
Old 08-19-2011, 02:41 PM
Slowpokeking

When will Ironman 3 come out?
Old 08-19-2011, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
When will Ironman 3 come out?
Sometime after the Avengers. Shane Black is directing. Here's an article.

Quote:
Old 08-19-2011, 02:51 PM
Slowpokeking

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfElfDragon View Post
Sometime after the Avengers. Shane Black is directing. Here's an article.
Will Mandarin show up? I remember that kidnapper in the first movie got a red ring, maybe he's a pawn of Mandarin.
Old 08-19-2011, 02:56 PM

Eternal

I am excited about all of those. You are also forgetting (maybe on purpose) "The Amazing Spider-Man" and "Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance", which are also in production.
Old 08-19-2011, 02:58 PM
Slowpokeking

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJP View Post
I am excited about all of those. You are also forgetting (maybe on purpose) "The Amazing Spider-Man" and "Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance", which are also in production.
GIJOE-Cobra Strikes is next year.

Anyway, the one that I most want to see is Unicron in TF.
Old 08-19-2011, 03:25 PM

Arch-Druid

i can't wait for all of them. i'm looking forward to decent spiderman movie tbh.
Old 08-19-2011, 03:59 PM

Site Staff - Admin

>Having seperate threads for comic books and comic book movies

Old 08-19-2011, 05:23 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahmoo View Post
>Having seperate threads for comic books and comic book movies

Old 08-19-2011, 05:39 PM

Elune

I may be going against the majority of you, but I never really liked Nolan's Batman movies. Too much redesign of the characters as well as the settings (Gotham City looks like New York lol) and Bale looks and sounds ridiculous in his Bat-suite and with his Bat-voice, I dunno, it's something about his face that just rubs me the wrong way.

That being said, I'm not terribly enthusiastic about The Dark Knight Rises.

And the new Amazing Spider-Man's costume looks amazingly gay.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:48 PM

Elune

Who knows, maybe Christian Bale gets the memo and will portray a better Batman voice this go around. It will never live up to the greatness that is Kevin Conroy but I have hope that it will at least be second best.

That said, I find Bale to be a better Bruce Wayne than he is a Batman. If anyone's an amazing Batman in film, that one goes to Michael Keaton for me.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gortrash View Post
I may be going against the majority of you, but I never really liked Nolan's Batman movies. Too much redesign of the characters as well as the settings (Gotham City looks like New York lol) and Bale looks and sounds ridiculous in his Bat-suite and with his Bat-voice, I dunno, it's something about his face that just rubs me the wrong way.
Gotham is based on New York, so why wouldn't it? It was more Chicago in Dark Knight anyways.

As for character redesign, that's one of my favorite parts. Scarecrow has never been better than his Batman Begins incarnation. The Dark Knight's Joker blows many of his previous incarnations out of the water. And the Batsuit being body armor like it is makes sense.

I'll admit that Bale's bat voice is kinda silly. I mean, I'm not really a huge fan of Bale's job as Batman, up its not bad. I definitely agree with the assessment that Bale is a better Bruce than he is a Batman.

Quote:
Old 08-19-2011, 06:03 PM

Elune

Well, as I said, it's not just the voice for me but his face in general. He kinda looks like a nerd who dressed up as his favorite superhero for Halloween rather than the real deal. I dunno, I can't really put my finger on it, but when he's wearing the suit he just doesn't radiate that "manliness" that a Batman is supposed to have.

Yes, Keaton was also my favorite live action Batman. As far as the voice goes, NO ONE can do it better than Kevin Conroy. I'm really sad that he's stepping down from the role once Arkham City is done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfElfDragon View Post
Gotham is based on New York, so why wouldn't it? It was more Chicago in Dark Knight anyways.
And yet, the gothic architecture that Gotham is known for was completely missing. I could've as well been looking at any major American city and I wouldn't even realize it was Gotham.

Last edited by Gortrash; 08-19-2011 at 06:09 PM..
Old 08-19-2011, 06:07 PM
Slowpokeking

I don't think TDK is as good as some people claimed, it got top quality as a comic hero movie but you cannot compare it to classics like Godfather.

Till now I still don't accept Batman's "never kill a villain" way.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:08 PM

Elune

Quote:
Well, as I said, it's not just the voice for me but his face in general. He kinda looks like a nerd who dressed up as his favorite superhero for Halloween rather than the real deal. I dunno, I can't really put my finger on it, but when he's wearing the suit he just doesn't radiate that "manliness" that a Batman is supposed to have.

Yes, Keaton was also my favorite live action Batman.
I think Bale would beat the shit out of Keaton. I feel Bale did it best of all the live-action Batmen.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:12 PM

Quote:
As far as the voice goes, NO ONE can do it better than Kevin Conroy. I'm really sad that he's stepping down from the role once Arkham City is done.

That has just ruined my day.

Quote:
And yet, the gothic architecture that Gotham is known for was completely missing. I could've as well been looking at any major American city and I wouldn't even realize it was Gotham.
Gotham wasn't known for gothic architecture, at least not to me.

Quote:
Old 08-19-2011, 07:11 PM

Elune

One of the reasons I've always preferred Marvel to DC is that they mostly use real world locations. I think that, amongst other things, really grounds the setting a bit more and makes it more relatable.
Old 08-20-2011, 02:09 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurtogg_Bloodboil View Post
One of the reasons I've always preferred Marvel to DC is that they mostly use real world locations. I think that, amongst other things, really grounds the setting a bit more and makes it more relatable.
Define "mostly" please. Cause as far as I know, Gotham and Metropolis are the only fictional locations in DC. On the other hand, we have Genosha and Latveria for Marvel. So I'd say the use of fictional locations versus real world locations is about equal in both universes.
Old 08-20-2011, 02:13 AM

DC has fictional countries coming out the wazoo. They once had Black Adam kill everyone in one of them. As for cities, they also have Central City, Keystone City, Bludhaven, Coast City, Star City, Monument Point and will be introducing a new one in Batwing in September.

The only fictional locations regularly used are Madripoor, Latveria and Wakanda. By comparison, almost all of DC's heroes work out of their fictional cities.

Quote:
Old 08-20-2011, 02:15 AM

Elune

Quote:
Define "mostly" please. Cause as far as I know, Gotham and Metropolis are the only fictional locations in DC. On the other hand, we have Genosha and Latveria for Marvel. So I'd say the use of fictional locations versus real world locations is about equal in both universes.
You must not be very familiar with DC beyond Batman & Superman then. Almost every hero has their own fictional city to go with them.
Old 08-20-2011, 03:24 AM

Eternal

The thing I always thought was weird was that Marvel had so many superheroes in New York (or at least used to). When a villain shows up, how do they decide who handles it? Do they take turns?

Tags
batman, dc comics, entertainment, superman, trickster's tag