Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 10-02-2014, 06:53 AM

Eternal

Default What If: Garrosh was made a puppet instead?

So as we have seen, Garrosh is made out to be this really baddddd seed that deserves to be beaten first by the players and then electrocuted to death by Thrall. But considering Christie Golden's view on Garrosh having no center and his personality was depending on what the situation is and who's talking, I wonder. This quote was used to justify Blizzard inconsistency but what if Blizzard literally took it literally and maybe made Garrosh not the sole instigator of these actions but instead a puppet easily manipulated by those that claim to do good for the Horde by expoliting any flaws he have that could make him suspetible to manipulation? Maybe have Malkorok or Ishi be the true villain manipulating Garrosh from behind instead pretending to serve him. What would the implications for the story be if Blizzard went on that route?
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...~Thomas Jefferson

So instead of seeing this as a continuation of an era of the 20th century that gave us so much debt and destruction and undermined our liberties and conditions today that are so dangerous, let us think that we are now moving into a new era, a new era where we are going to concentrate on liberty and freedom and property rights and peace. I believe that is the cause that we should lead and I thank you very much for being part of it.~Ron Paul
Old 10-02-2014, 07:22 AM

Elune

Eh, I don't know. I think after so much "Old Gods/Legion corrupted him" it's relatively refreshing to have a character who is an antagonist just because he's such a dick as opposed to manipulation/brain washing/oldgodsdidit.

It could perhaps be argued that the Orcs goading him on so much and cheering for what a great job he was doing cemented in his mind that he was doing no wrong. Malkorok certainly didn't help either but that's more of the same.
Old 10-02-2014, 07:26 AM

Warden

I think it's very weird they are claiming Garrosh is easily influenced as all of our indications are that he's DECIDEDLY THE REVERSE. Thrall may have started the ball rolling by telling him his father wasn't a bad person but once that happened, Garrosh was All-Orcs, All-The-Time.

He ignored everyone else around him who were good friends to the Orcs but weren't as well as well as other Orcs who were friendly to other species. He didn't have a Jafar equivalent.

Garrosh is the most pig-headed *rimshot* stubborn orc alive. Let him be responsible for himself.