Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 12-08-2014, 05:52 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: Rufin#1220

Plutonian from Irredeemable. Fuck the title of the series, he was redeemable! All he needed to do was kill every last human on Earth.
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
Shut up your nipples are useless.
I'm a bit slow, but it's awesome.
Old 12-08-2014, 06:51 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ganishka #1520

Quote:
Originally Posted by xie323 View Post
We agreed to no Blizzard examples.

Here are my personal picks. Admittly the first two have clearly proven themselves as irredeemable but seeing the state they are in at the end and the message the authors wanted to send at the time made me think:

This guy is a total insane irredeemable evil overlord monster and a bad father. However I would have liked it if Aang's efforts to get him to understand did not fully come to vain. He did too much wrong to atone but maybe by spending the rest of his life in jail he could get some clarity and remorse just like the first Firelord on his deathbed....so not so much a redemption but an understanding of remorse and hope that future generations would not follow his path(much like Grindelwald). Essentially the idea that he knows he will go to hell but he accepts his damnation and finds remorse and peace in death. I would not say he could but its an intresting prospect.

We can't mention Ozai without his daughter. As she also lived in the end it would be intresting to wonder what happened to her between ATLA and LOK. As with her father I would not say I want her to redeem or believe she could, but its an intresting prespective to look upon. I also read that trilogy about her redeeming on ff.net and I wonder......
I disagree with Ozai being redeemable, as well as Azula being irredeemable. Ozai doesn't deserve redemption because he abuse both of his children, in completely different ways, on top of the attempted genocide of the Earth Kingdom and Water Tribes, and ruling a ruthless totalitarian regime. He neglected Zuko and physically abused him, while he abused Azula through pampering her and using her as his tool, as well as making her endure all of his pressures to be perfect which led to her being an extreme perfectionist. Add in that while Azula may have gotten attention, attention is not the same as love. The psychological burdens eventually drove her insane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufin View Post
Plutonian from Irredeemable. Fuck the title of the series, he was redeemable! All he needed to do was kill every last human on Earth.
Oh, Jesus. I had almost forgotten about that monster. Killing an entire country of people (except for ten of them), just because their ambassador lied to Plutonian about the people of the Philippines respecting him, was perverse and evil on a ludicrous scale. If ever there was a reason to hate manbabies, the Plutonian is the perfect example.

Madder Red from Bedlam is another evil monster, albeit an enjoyably sick lunatic. He is like the Joker, but actually intimidating. All he really wanted was for someone to stoop to his level. He was basically a troll, albeit using hideously evil acts as the bait. His "final" crime: putting six extremely powerful bombs (powerful enough to take out an entire school) into the backpacks (or anywhere else) of six completely random schoolkids. He than made the video above and released it to the public after getting caught by the police (after butching an entire opera house full of children), with the only way to save possibly over a thousand children was to kill Madder Red in one hour. The result? A massive riot of parents marching on the police bureau in order to kill him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Baras
A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowordfun
The next time you feel like you're about to be triggered, put the barrel in your mouth.

Last edited by Ganishka; 12-08-2014 at 07:15 PM..
Old 12-08-2014, 07:07 PM

Eternal

I actually think Ozai was irredeemable but the idea is for fanfic fuel and an intresting perspective, since a villain that did too much that can be atoned for but feels remorse--essentially the one that welcome any sort of spiritual damnation on their deathbed is intresting perspective. It's less that I want or believe he could redeem and more of him ending up like book!Grindelwald or Arthas something like that in that character x displays remorse but dosen't deserve any redemption and its too late for character x to make any amends. Essentially the idea that sorry is sometimes just not enough.

Quote:
“Grindelwald tried to stop Voldemort going after the wand. He lied, you know, pretended he had never had it.”

Dumbledore nodded, looking down at his lap, tears still glittering on the crooked nose.

“They say he showed remorse in later years, alone in his cell at Nurmengard. I hope that it is true. I would like to think he did feel the horror and shame of what he had done. Perhaps that lie to Voldemort was his attempt to make amends… to prevent Voldemort from taking the Hallow…”

“… or maybe from breaking into your tomb?” suggested Harry, and Dumbledore dabbed at his eyes.

Also Gollum is another example. He was a representation, in modern terms, crack addict and many of these people fall into a tragedy of their own making, but if Sam wasn't a dick to Gollum....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufin View Post
How is that a redemption, please elaborate.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...~Thomas Jefferson

So instead of seeing this as a continuation of an era of the 20th century that gave us so much debt and destruction and undermined our liberties and conditions today that are so dangerous, let us think that we are now moving into a new era, a new era where we are going to concentrate on liberty and freedom and property rights and peace. I believe that is the cause that we should lead and I thank you very much for being part of it.~Ron Paul

Last edited by xie323; 12-08-2014 at 07:13 PM..
Old 12-08-2014, 09:13 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganishka View Post
I disagree with Ozai being redeemable, as well as Azula being irredeemable. Ozai doesn't deserve redemption because he abuse both of his children, in completely different ways, on top of the attempted genocide of the Earth Kingdom and Water Tribes, and ruling a ruthless totalitarian regime. He neglected Zuko and physically abused him, while he abused Azula through pampering her and using her as his tool, as well as making her endure all of his pressures to be perfect which led to her being an extreme perfectionist. Add in that while Azula may have gotten attention, attention is not the same as love. The psychological burdens eventually drove her insane.

Oh, Jesus. I had almost forgotten about that monster. Killing an entire country of people (except for ten of them), just because their ambassador lied to Plutonian about the people of the Philippines respecting him, was perverse and evil on a ludicrous scale. If ever there was a reason to hate manbabies, the Plutonian is the perfect example.

Madder Red from Bedlam is another evil monster, albeit an enjoyably sick lunatic. He is like the Joker, but actually intimidating. All he really wanted was for someone to stoop to his level. He was basically a troll, albeit using hideously evil acts as the bait. His "final" crime: putting six extremely powerful bombs (powerful enough to take out an entire school) into the backpacks (or anywhere else) of six completely random schoolkids. He than made the video above and released it to the public after getting caught by the police (after butching an entire opera house full of children), with the only way to save possibly over a thousand children was to kill Madder Red in one hour. The result? A massive riot of parents marching on the police bureau in order to kill him.
1.) Interesting point on Azula. I also think Ozai is proof of how toxic the royal family was. He seemed a sweet kid in that picture zuko showed them. Zuko broke the cycle thank god.

2.) The whole point of the plutonian was that he was "what would happen if superman was never emotionally mature and did it because he wanted to be admired and adored rather than out of a desire to help." Tvtropes pointed out that plutonian is like griffith in a way, except griffith still has pr whereas tony's true nature was exposed after he went rogue. Everyone saw the damaged man child beneath the hero.

3.) Joker's still pretty intimidating mind you.
Old 12-09-2014, 09:43 AM

Eternal

Nobody mentions Gul Dukat? The guy gets a number of episodes focusing on his moral ambiguity and how he is changing, and then they make him an insane psychopath after the death of Ziyal.

I know that he was always supposed to be a villain, but they did not need to make him so inconsistent and one-dimensional in the later seasons. He was one of the best Trek villains once. But they threw it all away to make him pure evil.

In fact the entire Pah-Wraith arc was stupid. Am a bit disappointed by how DS9 ended. I didn't like the 7th season at all.

Last edited by CoDimus the Staunch; 12-09-2014 at 10:11 AM..
Old 12-09-2014, 08:51 PM

Eternal

Rolandius
Old 12-20-2014, 10:07 AM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Venom

It occurs to me that Marvel's Loki is basically Illidan in a shirt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 12-20-2014, 10:12 AM

Elune

He even has horns and his clothes are the color of fel fire. Mind blown.

Tags
redemption, villainy