Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 09-14-2018, 09:13 PM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
Holy fuck man this is amazing. I'd totally love it, especially the part about the Blood Knights and the Zandalari. They should be called the Walkers of the Bleeding Sun.

I even like the part where Sylvanas feels some kind of guilt.
Walkers of the Bleeding Sun........ I like it!

Sylvanas is the one who escalated this war. I think it only fitting that she sees war waged on that level against her.
Old 09-14-2018, 09:55 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/rbZ9a

Muradin, Glenn Rane

Artwork created for World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth.

Why would a Muradin be made for BFA? New model? Where would a new model be probably used?

On a warfront, is what I'd say.

Last edited by Krainz; 09-14-2018 at 10:01 PM..
Old 09-14-2018, 11:00 PM

Eternal

Muradin is already a commander for the Stromgarde Warfront.

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, FruitLab, or Brighteon.
Old 09-14-2018, 11:13 PM

Troubadour

Oh. I didn't know that.

Which kinda debunks my idea of dwarves versus tauren on Barrens...

Unless we end up getting that either way. So which commanders would be fitting to be there?
Old 09-14-2018, 11:49 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
Oh. I didn't know that.

Which kinda debunks my idea of dwarves versus tauren on Barrens...

Unless we end up getting that either way. So which commanders would be fitting to be there?
Twinbraids.

He's the only Alliance commander form that zone whose death isn't 100% confirmed.
Old 09-15-2018, 09:28 AM

Troubadour

MyMindWontQuiet made a compilation of the changes announced by Ion during the AMA

List of major, important changes & information

1) New Patch announcement this Tuesday, with a Live Stream discussing the content that comes with it.

2) They will address the imbalance between cool mounts available for the Horde and the Alliance. Notably, Bee mount confirmed.

3) The Paragon reputation system from Legion will return in an upcoming patch.

4) Island expeditions and rewards are underwhelming : they want to add more events to increase the experiences players have. A hotfix has already been applied to make the various cosmetic bonus rewards more common: this includes increasing the drop rates of pets, mounts, toys, transmog items, and quest starters.

5) It is a top priority to reduce the number of situations where a 370 Azerite piece has much worse traits than a 340 piece, which they recognize is a huge issue with Azerite armor. "If you have a 355 helm, ANY 385 helm should make you happy even if it's not your BiS."

6) Some Azerite class traits are too passive or weird in certain class rotations. They will retire those traits and add better replacements.

7) People complained about the abundance of useless materials for certain professions, Ion agrees : "It's awkward to be swimming in Sanguicells with no use for them as an Alchemist or Enchanter. I don't have a specific fix to announce right now, but we're discussing plans to address that problem."

8) The Warfront cycle is going to be faster : they plan to add more Warfronts to make the rotation smoother (more to do, more often). They also admit communication was poor on that part, and that the initial rollout was regrettable ("a whole week feels like an ETERNITY, let alone waiting 2 full weeks to get a shot at it on your faction").

9) About feedback during development : 95% of the 35 000 bugs submitted during Alpha, Beta and Release, were fixed. Huge bugs are likely going to be fixed with the next Patch as well.

10) The weekly Mythic+ cache has and will keep having a bad luck protection system in place for Azerite Armor pieces, increasing your chance of getting one over time.

11) About grinding : It is never intended for the game not to be fun. They have more interest in you having fun and remaining longer than you feeling like playing is a chore and quitting.

12) Feeling obligated to use Defensive CDs in a way to deal damage does not feel nice. They do plan to address the problem.

13) Elemental and Enhancement shaman both need more defined niches. However, their current rotational and talent issues are beyond the scope of a mere hotfix, and they will have to wait for an upcoming patch to see significant changes. Restoration shaman are lagging a bit behind in terms of healing output. They believe that it is mostly a tuning issue since they expected their Mastery to rise significantly with more gear so they wanted to be careful to not accidently overbuff them.
Old 09-15-2018, 10:57 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: kam#1475

I can say that doing the horde war story this expansion makes me legit uncomfortable. not just with the ludicrously stupid addition of Lillian Voss(who hates undead so much she helps raise new undead) but the fact that the Horde raises Kul Tiran war heroes who then decide to work for the same people who murdered them in the first place.

that and they can somehow pull two bodies out of the deep ocean that have been decomposing for twenty years in OPEN WATER yet those dead bodies are still perfectly intact and undamaged

idk about the rest of you but if I saw walking corpses wanting to have a conversation with me I'd be freaked out too, why is it somehow "racist" to not be able to accept previously-dead loved ones?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
Just remember, the Alliance is only ever allowed to passively defend itself against the Horde, and Taurajo was Azeroth's equivalent of the Holocaust.
Old 09-15-2018, 11:32 AM

Hippogryph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirnheim View Post
I can say that doing the horde war story this expansion makes me legit uncomfortable. not just with the ludicrously stupid addition of Lillian Voss(who hates undead so much she helps raise new undead) but the fact that the Horde raises Kul Tiran war heroes who then decide to work for the same people who murdered them in the first place.

that and they can somehow pull two bodies out of the deep ocean that have been decomposing for twenty years in OPEN WATER yet those dead bodies are still perfectly intact and undamaged

idk about the rest of you but if I saw walking corpses wanting to have a conversation with me I'd be freaked out too, why is it somehow "racist" to not be able to accept previously-dead loved ones?
What do you expect? Blizzard runs on 'rule of cool' even if it makes no sense. If they thought it was cool, they could have Sylvanas raising King Terenas Menethil with him surfing on flying sharks with laser beams coming out of his eyes, and her tell him:
"Terenas, go to Stormwind and kill everybody." and Terenas would be like "Great! I can't wait to bomb some alliance!" while making some sort of fist gesture.

And I don't think it's racist not to accept your previously-dead loved ones. But in Elegy, they actually showed alliance welcoming them so they aren't really that racist(that's not the right word, but I don't know what is).
Old 09-15-2018, 11:47 AM

Eternal

Right, but I understand the reasoning behind why some people in the Alliance might not be exactly all happy with dead people showing up and trying to act like all was normal. The horrors of the Scourge are likely still on the minds of many people - especially humans who lived in/near Lordaeron when it fell and made it out alive.
Quote:
Just remember, the Alliance is only ever allowed to passively defend itself against the Horde, and Taurajo was Azeroth's equivalent of the Holocaust.
Old 09-15-2018, 12:25 PM

Elune

I'm honestly a bit surprised he answered the Horde/Alliance rep mount imbalance, even if it was a completely moronic answer.

As it turned out, the Horde bestiary had a lot more ground-based models which led to the first wave of rep mounts being skewed.

The first wave of which contains two flying mounts, out of three. And what the hell is that whole implication about the Kul Tiras bestiary not having ground based varieties? There's krolusks, there's those saurlisks, wicker things. Come the fuck on.

I'm curious if the bee will end up being Alliance-only, or at least Alliance-rep with a variant via drop like the Horde's. Pity I don't particularly care for the bee mount in the first place.
Old 09-15-2018, 02:05 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakiba View Post
The first wave of which contains two flying mounts, out of three. And what the hell is that whole implication about the Kul Tiras bestiary not having ground based varieties? There's krolusks, there's those saurlisks, wicker things. Come the fuck on.
Well, the wicker monsters are one of only a few Kul Tiras-specific land animals. Zandalar's brimming with Zandalar-specific dinosaurs, saber-toothed cats (since based on more recent mounts using normal tiger models, night elf saber cats apparently aren't supposed to be saber-toothed cats any more) and crawgs, while krolusks and saurolisks are found on both islands. Aside from wicker beasts, the bulk of Kul Tiras's land-based wildlife come across as being comprised of transplants from mainland Azeroth (specifically mainland human countries) like horses, spiders, deer, boars, wolves and bears.

In that vein, between the two islands Zandalar has a significantly larger terrestrial bestiary to pull from for new mounts that aren't just reskins of old mounts and aren't found on both islands.

Last edited by ARM3481; 09-15-2018 at 02:09 PM..
Old 09-15-2018, 03:04 PM

A thorn horse or elk would've been dope. Unfortunately we only have bears and wolves, and unlike the Zandalari forms, they can't even be tamed.
Old 09-15-2018, 03:49 PM

Eternal

I have to laugh at how the horde spends all their time going after Marshal M. Valentine; they get his body and make him Forsaken and(as usual) he, a Kul Tiran war hero agrees to serve the Horde because reasons....and then he's promptly executed after he delivers a ransom note to Boralus because Blightcaller calls him expendable

Womp womp
Quote:
Old 09-15-2018, 04:06 PM

Eternal

Quote:
I can say that doing the horde war story this expansion makes me legit uncomfortable. not just with the ludicrously stupid addition of Lillian Voss(who hates undead so much she helps raise new undead)
Because god forbid characters being nuanced and capable of changing their views. We certainly can't have that.
It makes sense for her. It took herself ages to cope, now she wants to prevent others from having to go through the same long ordeal.
Hammerbrew commenting on Anders Behring Breivik's killing spree - 2017

Last edited by spidey1980; 09-15-2018 at 04:09 PM..
Old 09-15-2018, 04:15 PM

Eternal

Or the fact she blames the ALLIANCE of all things - she seems to gloss over the fact that the Forsaken the Alliance have met tend to be cruel, amoral psychopaths who experiment on dwarves with plague or use humans as prisoners of war in labor/extermination camps.
Quote:
Old 09-15-2018, 04:43 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Or the fact she blames the ALLIANCE of all things - she seems to gloss over the fact that the Forsaken the Alliance have met tend to be cruel, amoral psychopaths who experiment on dwarves with plague or use humans as prisoners of war in labor/extermination camps.
All of that happened later.
You have to remember that from the Forsaken point of view, the Alliance started hostilities by attacking and cutting down Forsaken who came to them in peace because they wanted to be reunited with their former allies.
Old 09-15-2018, 04:48 PM

Eternal

Maybe the Forsaken should have thought things through a bit? The Eastern Kingdoms was as a whole dealing with the threat of the Scourge - who were undead just like the Forsaken. So when Forsaken envoys rock up to Stormwind; you're damn right that people will be scared and act against the same zombies that just destroyed a great deal of humanity.

Those emissaries deserve Darwin Awards for that. "Let's walk up to Stormwind as undead and show them we come in peace!"
Quote:
Old 09-15-2018, 05:00 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Maybe the Forsaken should have thought things through a bit?
Or maybe the Alliance should've done that? A corpse walking up to you, unarmed saying things like "Greetings, kind sir, would you show me the way to your embassy?" isn't exactly the Scourge's MO. Maybe they even had white flags, who knows?

Quote:
The Eastern Kingdoms was as a whole dealing with the threat of the Scourge
The North, yes. Stormwind sure wasn't.
Quote:
Those emissaries deserve Darwin Awards for that. "Let's walk up to Stormwind as undead and show them we come in peace!"
Well, what would you have done in their place? At that point, they weren't an organized faction, there were no diplomatic channels.
This is literally the only thing they could do.
Old 09-15-2018, 05:49 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
Well, the wicker monsters are one of only a few Kul Tiras-specific land animals. Zandalar's brimming with Zandalar-specific dinosaurs, saber-toothed cats (since based on more recent mounts using normal tiger models, night elf saber cats apparently aren't supposed to be saber-toothed cats any more) and crawgs, while krolusks and saurolisks are found on both islands. Aside from wicker beasts, the bulk of Kul Tiras's land-based wildlife come across as being comprised of transplants from mainland Azeroth (specifically mainland human countries) like horses, spiders, deer, boars, wolves and bears.

In that vein, between the two islands Zandalar has a significantly larger terrestrial bestiary to pull from for new mounts that aren't just reskins of old mounts and aren't found on both islands.
Hm, that makes some sense when put that way. Doesn't make me any more happy, though. Could've come up with something, surely. Or hell, give the Horses armor and shit to make them more visually interesting.

Unrelated, but I'm doing the Alliance war campaign and god do I hate Nazmir. That is one pestilential zit of a zone.

Zuldazar's pretty annoying to navigate too.
Old 09-15-2018, 07:25 PM

Huntress

As someone who doesn’t raid or do Mythic+, I feel sorta disconnected from all the complaints about BfA on reddit and YouTube. It’s like a realtor trying to stress how important it is not to raise building permit fees to a guy he’s buying coffee from.
Old 09-15-2018, 08:42 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

I'm actually a bit surprised that Horde get a thing where they can raise a mount, particularly a pterrordax hatchling in this case.

Why couldn't Blizzard have done something similar with the concept of those bees they had in Stormsong? I understand Alliance complaining has become overblown since BfA beta, but the disparity in quality between the Alliance mounts and the Horde mounts really is a shitshow from where I stand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey1980 View Post
Or maybe the Alliance should've done that? A corpse walking up to you, unarmed saying things like "Greetings, kind sir, would you show me the way to your embassy?" isn't exactly the Scourge's MO. Maybe they even had white flags, who knows?
They pull that stunt after betraying the last living fighting force still keeping a front in Lordaeron and expect to be trusted?

Quote:
The North, yes. Stormwind sure wasn't.
Stormwind sent forces to help Lordaeron when Arthas attacked it, according to the recent Chronicle. If anything, it's quite likely Sylvanas's betrayal and massacre of Garithos's forces also entailed her killing some Stormwind representatives, which isn't a good look if they wanted to join the Alliance.

Quote:
Well, what would you have done in their place? At that point, they weren't an organized faction, there were no diplomatic channels.
This is literally the only thing they could do.
Probably not betray the last living force holding out in Lordaeron and prove they're better than the Scourge?

Admittedly, there is still the risk that humans would reject them regardless. We know that much from how things are written in Before the Storm, but the Forsaken were the ones that turned their backs first so they lose the chance to get to claim to be the victims in this. Quirn is actually right in this case that they should have thought things through a bit more.
Old 09-15-2018, 09:00 PM

Sentinel Queen

This concept of a water elemental mount from the Storm’s Wake someone made is really cool. I’m hoping Blizz considers it

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...mount_concept/

Quote:
I have to laugh at how the horde spends all their time going after Marshal M. Valentine; they get his body and make him Forsaken and(as usual) he, a Kul Tiran war hero agrees to serve the Horde because reasons....and then he's promptly executed after he delivers a ransom note to Boralus because Blightcaller calls him expendable

Womp womp
I assume he became expendable because of Derek.
Old 09-16-2018, 12:10 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
They pull that stunt after betraying the last living fighting force
Because at that point, Garithos had such a great track record of treating his allies well, right?

I don't blame them for betraying him. He would've done the same to them if they didn't.

Quote:
Quirn is actually right in this case that they should have thought things through a bit more.
Again, i ask: And what then?
Old 09-16-2018, 12:24 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Because at that point, Garithos had such a great track record of treating his allies well, right?

I don't blame them for betraying him. He would've done the same to them if they didn't.
Learn to read. I'm not defending Garithos in this, I'm defending the Alliance militia that had no choice but to put up with him that were still slaughtered by the Forsaken all the same.

Garithos being an asshole doesn't justify Sylvanas killing Stormwind representatives and then claiming the victim when they turn down her advances to join their Alliance.

Quote:
Again, i ask: And what then?
They get to at least claim to being the sympathetic party if they are still turned down by Stormwind.
Old 09-16-2018, 01:19 AM

From what little we know of Garithos, he was an asshole, but he was an lawful one and kept his word. Him not being too keen on the blood elves allying with naga and considering them traitors for it, although they only did so out of desperation, actually makes sense if you factor in that the naga had previously fought Alliance forces and imprisoned one of its paladin commanders.

While I agree that he would have eventually attacked the undead, I am of the belief that he would have actually waited for their temporary alliance to be over, unlike Sylvanas did. (At this point it would not have been a betrayal.)

Sure, she was smart about it and it was likely the best course of action for her, if she had no intended to ally with the Alliance.

Expecting the Alliance to simply ignore her actions is ridiculous. She had done nothing to portray her people as any better than the Scourge. She had given the Alliance absolutely no reason to trust her.

Not to mention that the actions of the Cult of the Damned and Arthas would have made the Alliance more wary of Scourge infiltrators. Especially if they already look the part and were known associates.

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft