Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 03-18-2015, 01:26 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DrRobert#1475

Quote:
Originally Posted by xie323 View Post
It seems all of these things are utterly hated by SJWs, especially on tumblr to a large extent because of the claim that they are pathetic.

First of all, I am kind of a "feminist". I feel bad for Skyler White, not Walt, gradually got disgusted by gamergate's conduct despite offering initial support after the Brienna Wu incident, ultimatly turning my back on them, and think a lot of nice guys that claim to be so to get into peoples pants are just creepy pathetic assholes. And I have gotten bullied because of my closeness to some women by these very self-proclaimed nice guys. Not to mention that I think the friendzone is BS and take rejection very easily. But as I mentioned here...

Some of these sterotypes are just pathetic. As a HATER of the HIMYM finale what makes Ted pathetic and entitled just because of Robin? And what makes Barney pure and nice just because he is a better match for Robin? While he is a much better match, he wasn't always a good person as I have said and this is just no different than Draco in Leather Pants glorification that in turn gives ammo to the worst of the self-proclaimed OKC Niceguys who whine about girls going for jerks over proving that this lie is untrue, and even is kinda based on borderline social darwinism. At the very least Ted had tried to let Robin go and he didn't pine over Robin when with any other girl that was presented. Take Robin out of the equation and there wont be much to dislike about him. The ending is already bad as it is, but why politicize it to be feminism vs. the MRA with the latter controlling all the media with Ted as their evil puppet and armies of pathetic forever alone morons from the depths of OKC at their side when he isn't even remotely evil at all?

The finale was indeed poorly written, but Ted was also ruined by the finale too because he moved on from Robin before the final episode. The funny thing is that if we erase the ending from canon we will have very little to hate about Ted because his story would end with him moving on and that erases the perceived MRA/NiceGuysOfOKC propaganda spewed by the finale. Furthermore why isnt it considered that Ted is just as much of a victim of the writing to the MRAs and the NiceGuysTM as the rest of the cast and story?

It's funny too because Eponine from Les Mis is always shipped with Marius on tumblr despite having nice girl tendencies, especially in the novel, yet no one cares. And that is not getting into the fact that while Cosette WAS a bit bland the story is tied to Valjean, not the ABC gang. She needed to find love to resolve Valjean's arc IMO. I don't hate Eponine but it's a bit wrong to say she deserves Marius just because of On My Own.

And this isn't the only thing hyped by the SJWs, we see this all the time. If you wear a trilby or a fedora you are seen as the scum of the earth and are automatically associated with the so-called nice guys--even if you are a neckbeard or wear that hat...but can tell the difference between a trilby and a fedora and genuinely respect women and think the friendzone is BS, the tumblr SJWs wont hear anything of it and overlook these traits. It's the same thing with waifus, if we have an obsession with a fictional Japanese character it's considered a form of patriarchy or insanity.

Likewise I think bronies could be celebration of inverse gender roles feminists have long called for(boys liking girls stuff), yet SJWs tie them to the worst of the self-proclaimed nice guys. Why is all of this happening? And frankly this conversation is toxic in itself and actually prevents any legitimate discussion against the true nature of self-proclaimed nice guys or legitimate critique of the friendzone or any legitimate ways for feminism to express itself. Instead the genuine assholes posing as nice guys and ranting about forever alone and the friendzoen will look at this and circlejerk to themselves at being "proven right" about women always going for douchbags and further reinforce that claim no matter how bs it is.
What the fuck?
Now imagine a music, dear readers, heavy with cellos at a rapid staccato. Cellos held between thighs in a dark room. The little room of Harry's chest as he walks with his teammates to the opening gate of his first Test of Cribbage. They are a rag-tag group of champions, this bunch, and with Harry, the near-perfect new god, they know they will dominate the day. Harry is a world laced with rivers of wizardly blood. He is ready.
Old 03-18-2015, 02:30 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: InsipidLobst#2126

What did I just read.
“Children are dying." Lull nodded. "That's a succinct summary of humankind, I'd say. Who needs tomes and volumes of history? Children are dying. The injustices of the world hide in those three words.”
Old 03-18-2015, 07:24 PM

Eternal

Ok I will tell you why I make this thread, because of the fact that the demonization of these sterotypes is so prevelent as the idea that the simple embrace of sterotype x means you're a douchebag without examining any case-to-case basis of self-entitlement among neckbeards and bronies but paint badly the whole.

And as for Ted...it really gives(man a HIMYM fan should chime in here) us haters of the finale a bad name. It is very biased to view Ted through the lens of the nice guys of OKC who are really self-entitled assholes because he is genuinely remorseful of his crush and dosen't demonize Barney or Robin just because--this is the difference. Also you can't say he is inherently selfish because he had a traumatic childhood experience to say the least that made him make irrational choices on love that got into his psyche.

Furthermore, while Barney was more entertaining let it be known that he was important because he redeemed himself(or would have had they not fucked it up) to be a better person not because he was already ready for Robin since day one--this was a man who messed with the minds of women, worked for arms dealers, considered Joffrey the ideal king for Westeroes and wanted polygamy clause to have 8 wives before his redemption from this lifestyle. By portraying him as inherently good until ruined in the end you are also neglecting his redemption arc and perverting genuine admiration for a character into DILP style fantasies that had been arrayed against the Weasleys in Harry Potter.

Compare what Ted really says to this self-entitled fantasy, huge difference. It's also hypocritical because Ross from friends is also pathetic in SJW lens yet even SJWs rarely diss over him and Rachel for the same reasons cuz nostaligia

And if we blot that episode from our memory than we have even less to hate about him.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...~Thomas Jefferson

So instead of seeing this as a continuation of an era of the 20th century that gave us so much debt and destruction and undermined our liberties and conditions today that are so dangerous, let us think that we are now moving into a new era, a new era where we are going to concentrate on liberty and freedom and property rights and peace. I believe that is the cause that we should lead and I thank you very much for being part of it.~Ron Paul

Last edited by xie323; 03-18-2015 at 07:28 PM..
Old 03-18-2015, 07:26 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

No.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:04 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

xie233, the problem with this post is that it's all over the place. I've never seen HIMYM, so I have only a vague idea as to what goes on in that show. If that's what you want to complain about, put it in the Television thread.

Alternately, if you want to make a post in which to express your concern about the demonization of bronies and fedora-wearers, than focus on that.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Old 03-18-2015, 08:31 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Please no.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 03-18-2015, 10:04 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DrRobert#1475

Quote:
Originally Posted by HlaaluStyle View Post
xie233, the problem with this post is that it's all over the place. I've never seen HIMYM, so I have only a vague idea as to what goes on in that show. If that's what you want to complain about, put it in the Television thread.

Alternately, if you want to make a post in which to express your concern about the demonization of bronies and fedora-wearers, than focus on that.
I know you only want to help, but let this die an honorable death.
Now imagine a music, dear readers, heavy with cellos at a rapid staccato. Cellos held between thighs in a dark room. The little room of Harry's chest as he walks with his teammates to the opening gate of his first Test of Cribbage. They are a rag-tag group of champions, this bunch, and with Harry, the near-perfect new god, they know they will dominate the day. Harry is a world laced with rivers of wizardly blood. He is ready.
Old 03-19-2015, 12:07 AM

Elune

Again, xie makes a thread about things no one cares about.
Old 03-19-2015, 12:27 AM

Elune

Ask one.
Old 03-19-2015, 04:00 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Is that Seeley Booth?
That's the Aurora Boreanaz. (Yes)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gortrash View Post
Again, xie makes a thread about things no one cares about.
As is tradition.
Old 03-19-2015, 04:29 AM

Arch-Druid

I was about to post a link to tumblr or blogspot but the derails always make these threads worth it.
Old 03-19-2015, 05:55 AM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerbrew View Post
As is tradition.
Xie gonna Xie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 03-19-2015, 06:11 AM

Elune

Well, this thread's not going anywhere.

So, how about that barbie series?

Tags
bait