Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 08-26-2011, 07:54 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Tiger-dragon-monster in need of love? Wait, that looks like...

Hate me for knowing that Germans!

HATE MEEEEEEEEE!
Old 08-26-2011, 08:11 AM

Eternal

Well despite the point that many people already made here, basically that the media always do this with groups like gamers, otakus or basically anything that could call the attention of old people with prejucies.

But still I want to say two things, first of all its very obvious that the very hot model in the convention was looking for her 5 minutes of fame by helping the reporters.

And that for me the worse thing of the report was its ending where it implies that the fact the three guys in cosplay didn't got a girlfriend, well because of being freaks.

Well thats my two cents.
Xie wants YOU to check Wulfang brainchild RIGHT NOW. SO click on this text
Old 08-26-2011, 08:16 AM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

I find it amusing the German stance is:

"If your goals aren't to get laid, then you are doing it wrong!"
Old 08-26-2011, 08:51 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zula View Post
Well despite the point that many people already made here, basically that the media always do this with groups like gamers, otakus or basically anything that could call the attention of old people with prejucies.

But still I want to say two things, first of all its very obvious that the very hot model in the convention was looking for her 5 minutes of fame by helping the reporters.

And that for me the worse thing of the report was its ending where it implies that the fact the three guys in cosplay didn't got a girlfriend, well because of being freaks.

Well thats my two cents.
Well, where I go there's always more cosplayed girls than boys, lol.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 08-26-2011, 10:05 AM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
Well, where I go there's always more cosplayed girls than boys, lol.
Holy Cosplayers Batman! And.... cosplay Batman...

Actually, I'm not going to lie, I totally oggled a bunch of cute cosplay chicks on the way to work today. (Admittedly I have a bit of a repressed costume fetish.) It's the Fan Expo here right around the corner from where I work, their all over the place. It's amusing that I've had people come up to me, a total stranger and tried to spark a conversation about what freaks these people are. I had a lady today who heard some kid talking about live action roleplaying whisper to me "Can you believe that, it's so weird, we used to call that imagination and we grew out of it at 5." She was wearing a big gold cross around her neck.

People seem to forget that Religion, Sports Fanatisism, Soap Opera obsession is no different than what these geeks represent, everyone EVERYONE is guilty of it on some level. Fandom is really a generic human trait, hell, America is practically founded on the ideals of Hero-worship.