Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 02-18-2017, 02:37 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
Didn't they show art of Argus seen from space when 7.3 was announced? It was mostly intact but had a bigass gash in it.
I thought that was Marduum?
Old 02-18-2017, 02:46 PM

Sentinel Queen

Unless showing this slide was a mistake, it's Argus.

Old 02-18-2017, 07:38 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackBenjamin View Post
The fel planet during the Etraeus fight is not Argus.
That s a good question but we cant be sure. To be honest i made a wild guess because

1- during the last phase he shows plenty of planets corrupted by the OG
2- during the legion phase he says " the burning legion, slayer of worlds " but shows only one planet... why not showing many planet destroyed ?
3- the planet shown looks like the same one in gul dan cinematic.
4- there is only one specific planet that you think of when you think about the burning legiin, its argus...

So i may be wrong but imo this point to being argus :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
Nothing, this is Scrolls of Lore, every conversation on here slowly distills down to Sylvanas, Lorderon or Worgen. I'm pretty sure that theres a mathematical truth to this.
Old 02-19-2017, 05:28 AM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mending View Post
Unless showing this slide was a mistake, it's Argus.

https://youtu.be/31KTLND7OIc
Doesn't seem like a "shattered" planet in Sargeras-fashion to me.

Just a fel-ridden stone ball in space.
Old 02-19-2017, 10:04 AM

Priestess of the Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by engal View Post
That s a good question but we cant be sure. To be honest i made a wild guess because

1- during the last phase he shows plenty of planets corrupted by the OG
He also shows us Hoth for no reason. For real, whats the point of showing us the Ice planet? Because they needed something cool for phase 2.

Quote:
2- during the legion phase he says " the burning legion, slayer of worlds " but shows only one planet... why not showing many planet destroyed ?
Same reason they didn't show us more Ice planets I guess.

Quote:
3- the planet shown looks like the same one in gul dan cinematic.
Are you referring to the half second where the rift is closing at the end of Nighthold? You can only see one side of the planet, and it's surrounded/orbited by what looks like debris.

Quote:
4- there is only one specific planet that you think of when you think about the burning legiin, its argus...
Or Nathreza, Nihilum, Karesh or Xoroth.

Edit: Actually, now that I see them side by side, I'm questioning myself. You be the judge:
Attached Images

Last edited by HackBenjamin; 02-19-2017 at 10:09 AM..
Old 02-19-2017, 11:23 AM

Arch-Druid

I don't think any of Star Augur's planets, Fel or otherwise, were meant to be any planets in particular. The one in Gul'dan's rift looks like the Blizzcon art of Argus though.
Old 02-19-2017, 02:06 PM

Revenant - Moderator

Quote:
A galaxy is glowing green in the background. Think about it.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.
Old 02-19-2017, 06:04 PM

Sentinel Queen

Sure, it was a wild guess as I said, I'm probably wrong...

Concerning the " hoth" planets, I don't understand anything about it nor what place it has to the lore... Could it be the moons of Azeroth?

Quote:
Nothing, this is Scrolls of Lore, every conversation on here slowly distills down to Sylvanas, Lorderon or Worgen. I'm pretty sure that theres a mathematical truth to this.
Old 02-19-2017, 11:09 PM

Revenant - Moderator

Quote:
Sure, it was a wild guess as I said, I'm probably wrong...

Concerning the " hoth" planets, I don't understand anything about it nor what place it has to the lore... Could it be the moons of Azeroth?
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SpaceIsCold

It is a reference to the cold of space, both the literal misconception (so cold that planets froze) and the metaphorical coldness of an uncaring universe.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Ten.

Years.
Old 02-21-2017, 06:17 AM

Sentinel Queen

Yeah I got that xD
Just that there are two ice planet there , I tried to find a link with the two moons of Azeroth ^^

Quote:
Old 03-09-2017, 05:07 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: AlexWolf#1390

so I'm still thinking that Argus has been turned into a new body for Sargeras, espically in the context of that tweet on page 4 of this thread about how #Argus "knows" that he is a titan first and foremost

I also think that this will be a plot point for a future expansion with the AoL moving on to fight OG corruption on other planets and help move the titan souls into them to rebirth the pantheon
Sylvanas shook her head. Her locks had been pale blond in life, but appeared to be silver, and now they looked almost as white as her sisters. They were the moons, Alleria had teased, calling them Lady Moon and Little Moon, while she and Lirath the eldest and the youngest were the suns of the family, with their bright golden tresses. Alleria .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArJe--CGatg
Old 03-10-2017, 08:43 AM

Sentinel Queen

Sargeras needs a new body , I m still trying to understand why he chooses illidan and why Illidan vessel is special , but if Sargeras need a new body Argus could fit , even if I think it s a temporary solution since he needed to go into Illidan's body.

Ao why he didn t have a body anymorr ( if it s the case ) well, a direct conflict against a void lord who shattered him might be an answer and would show how powerful would be a void lord and explain the threats to come...

Quote:
Old 03-10-2017, 03:59 PM

Eternal

Why are some of you saying that Sargeras needs a new body? As far as we know, he hasn't lost the old one. The Avatar was simply infused with a part of his power, and that's because the Scepter could have opened only a limited portal.
Old 03-10-2017, 04:08 PM

Revenant - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthen View Post
Why are some of you saying that Sargeras needs a new body? As far as we know, he hasn't lost the old one. The Avatar was simply infused with a part of his power, and that's because the Scepter could have opened only a limited portal.
He was dead until Chronicle said he wasn't.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Quote:
Ten.

Years.
Old 03-10-2017, 04:14 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
He was dead until Chronicle said he wasn't.
Well, this is a post Chronicle thread, so?
Old 03-10-2017, 04:45 PM

Sentinel Queen

I m not saying he was dead , i m saying something might have happened to him between warcraft 3 and legion...
To introduce the void lords, they must show that they are a threat even to sargeras. One way for that is to show that somehow sargeras ' body 's been destroyed by the void forces and that he needs another body. Ie Argus. Since Argus is going to be destroyed, ( transformed into a titan) the burning legion launch a full scale assault on azeroth to make it the new argus, main base of the legion, so they can launch a new burning crusade as Turalyon say in Kadghar 's cinematic.

Quote:

Last edited by engal; 03-10-2017 at 04:49 PM..
Old 03-10-2017, 05:17 PM

Revenant - Moderator

Quote:
Well, this is a post Chronicle thread, so?
Tell Legion that. Why has Sargeras done nothing to the players yet?

A beam that kills you if you go to the ToS plaza? Hints during the Gul'dan fight?

Where is the guy?

Quote:
I m not saying he was dead , i m saying something might have happened to him between warcraft 3 and legion...
That is the implication. Before Chronicle, we had an answer.

Maybe Medivh's death sent him into a coma, but with his main body still intact at that point, it lessons the likelihood. I'll get book 2 when it comes out.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Quote:
Ten.

Years.
Old 03-11-2017, 08:35 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Tell Legion that. Why has Sargeras done nothing to the players yet?

A beam that kills you if you go to the ToS plaza? Hints during the Gul'dan fight?

Where is the guy?
Why should I tell that to Legion? The Scepter of Sargeras history book, just as both volumes of Chronicle, has made it pretty clear that the destruction of the Well of Eternity has deprived Sargeras of the only source capable of opening a portal for his true form.
Old 03-11-2017, 09:20 AM

Elune

I would wager Illidan would make a good host because of his composition.
Old 03-11-2017, 03:10 PM

Revenant - Moderator

Quote:
Why should I tell that to Legion? The Scepter of Sargeras history book, just as both volumes of Chronicle, has made it pretty clear that the destruction of the Well of Eternity has deprived Sargeras of the only source capable of opening a portal for his true form.
He previously had no body since the portal closed on him. He has had no dialogue or mentions or him taking any actions since Medivh died. The latter point is still true.

Archimonde and Kil'jaeden run things in his absence, but he was never absent. He was apparently fine the whole time. Legion does not seem to know that, as he still has not shown up. Not even a taunt.

The idea is that he is both gone and not gone at the same time, possibly because they have not worked out how to leverage him in the game.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Quote:
Ten.

Years.
Old 03-11-2017, 04:35 PM

Eternal

Quote:
He previously had no body since the portal closed on him.
That's again pre-Chronicle. We are speaking post-Chronicle. Moreover, the no body was more of an educated guess and less of a fact, but that does not matter anyway.

Quote:
He has had no dialogue or mentions or him taking any actions since Medivh died. The latter point is still true.
As per Chronicle Volume 2, he actually has.

Quote:
Archimonde and Kil'jaeden run things in his absence, but he was never absent. He was apparently fine the whole time. Legion does not seem to know that, as he still has not shown up. Not even a taunt.
Sure, but there's a more plausible theory to explain that than his body being for some unexplained reason a goner. That being that he is traveling towards Azeroth the conventional way, through the Great Dark Beyond.
Old 03-11-2017, 08:48 PM

Revenant - Moderator

Quote:
That's again pre-Chronicle. We are speaking post-Chronicle.
My point is that the pre-Chronicle idea still stands within WoW itself. This is full tell-don't-show retcon. The things we are shown in Legion and WoD still do not mesh with it.

Quote:
Moreover, the no body was more of an educated guess and less of a fact,
No, pre-Chronicle, it was clearly the case. The WotA trilogy says that he "ceased to be" from an omniscient narration PoV, then his weaker Avatar shows up to transport his soul, and then his soul shows up in Medivh later. It all fits.

Quote:
he is traveling towards Azeroth the conventional way, through the Great Dark Beyond.
Maybe... then why the gimmick with Illidan's body as a shortcut? From a narrative standpoint, he will be seen during the last(ish) patch of the expansion. That means he would have to be very close to Azeroth, which would negate the need for a few-month shirtless shortcut.

If he were incapacitated near Argus and needed a new body, then it would make more sense.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Quote:
Ten.

Years.
Old 03-11-2017, 09:15 PM

Loremaster

Even the form Broxigar saw was probably another avatar carrying part of Sargeras' soul, since the sheer scale of Sargeras' true form would make his weapon the size of a small continent. It would not only be impossible for something that enormous to impale something as comparably tiny as an orc, but for Brox to be initially far enough away to apprehend Sargeras' full form would have meant he'd have to spend months or years running on foot toward the dark titan to even get close enough to strike him.

As for using Illidan, all of these shortcuts - the WoE portal, the avatar, Medivh, Illidan, etc. - have been attempts to expedite how long it would take Sargeras to get to Azeroth by traversing the Great Dark. He's potentially many thousands if not even millions of years away from getting there by just traveling there in real-time, and as far as Sargeras is concerned he can't spare that long to reach it because Azeroth could "hatch" at any time as a corrupted titan.

Last edited by ARM3481; 03-11-2017 at 09:18 PM..
Old 03-11-2017, 09:18 PM

Banished

I almost think the reason Cenarius Axe wasnt an artifact was to avoid explaining that
Old 03-26-2017, 01:08 PM

Dryad

Thumbs up

This theory makes all the sense.

Firstly, the presence of a world-soul could be responsible for the Eredar evolving into such intelligent and magically potent race.

Secondly, if Argus was to become the Legion's main base, why would they damage the planet itself so much? The only reasonable answer is that Sergeras performed an abortion of sorts, physically ripping the embryo out (with his hand, probably).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
This is literally worse than what you'd expect an obssessed, autistic teenage fanboy to write.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorenec View Post
Becoming the guardian must endow you in ways other than magical because Aegwynn's tits are nearly the size of her head.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arterius View Post
Sylvanas "I need to create a bunch of meat shields to protect me because otherwise I might suffer consequences for my actions" Windrunner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angron was right View Post
STOP SHAMING SYLVANAS, SHE IS A STRONK BLACK INDEPENDENT WOMYN WHO DON'T NEED NO LICH KING.

Tags
hog is necromancy, speculation, warcraft, worlds can become undead?