Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 09:50 PM

Eternal

To be honest, if Blizz can whip up 3 fair sized zones for a patch, there's no reason they couldn't revamp 2 larger zones for an expansion (4 zones if they revamp the Draenei zones as well), especially when the layout and structure is provided already at least, bare bones it may be.

And then even extending that to Azeroth as a whole, all post-Wrath Azeroth and expansion zones are built already with things like flying in mind. So if they ever do decide to revamp Azeroth yet again to bring it up to speed, it's not like it'd be like Cata's revamp all over again - it wouldn't have to be built from a bare bones map never meant to have flying in the first place.
Old 07-21-2017, 10:05 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpiusMaximus View Post
To be honest, if Blizz can whip up 3 fair sized zones for a patch, there's no reason they couldn't revamp 2 larger zones for an expansion (4 zones if they revamp the Draenei zones as well), especially when the layout and structure is provided already at least, bare bones it may be.

And then even extending that to Azeroth as a whole, all post-Wrath Azeroth and expansion zones are built already with things like flying in mind. So if they ever do decide to revamp Azeroth yet again to bring it up to speed, it's not like it'd be like Cata's revamp all over again - it wouldn't have to be built from a bare bones map never meant to have flying in the first place.
I see that as a waste of resources that can go to making the higher zones better.
Old 07-21-2017, 10:44 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
I see that as a waste of resources that can go to making the higher zones better.
With level scaling and world quests, don't see how it has to be a "waste of resources."
Old 07-21-2017, 10:49 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

With level scaling they might not need new continents for leveling and could probably expand world quests to all over the place, The Chromie stuff is something we will most likely see in next expansion (going by watchers comments)

I mean perhaps the expansion isnt about void stuff but about some new threat.

Or perhaps it is just about protecting azeroth like the titans wanted the players to do? I dunno.

Last edited by Gurzog; 07-21-2017 at 10:53 PM..
Old 07-21-2017, 11:00 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpiusMaximus View Post
With level scaling and world quests, don't see how it has to be a "waste of resources."
If they aren't part of the current continent and only for leveling 1-60 for the most part then it's wasted. And thinking the playerbase at large would be ok with just updated Azeroth and Kalimdor questing for an expansion is just silly as you know damn well that Blizzard would be destroyed by the majority of the playerbase if they tried that. Hell even I would be annoyed if they did that.

Last edited by Leviathon; 07-21-2017 at 11:02 PM..
Old 07-21-2017, 11:29 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
If they aren't part of the current continent and only for leveling 1-60 for the most part then it's wasted. And thinking the playerbase at large would be ok with just updated Azeroth and Kalimdor questing for an expansion is just silly as you know damn well that Blizzard would be destroyed by the majority of the playerbase if they tried that. Hell even I would be annoyed if they did that.
You sure jumped to some wacky conclusions from some very vague ideas and thoughts I gave.
Old 07-22-2017, 12:21 AM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quel'thalas definitely is due for an update, but if you think of it, if they were ever going to revamp the Azuremist Isles, the time is now. We've reached the conclusion of the Draenei Story Arc. It's time for them to find a new purpose, new conflicts. I'd dedicate the Azuremist Experience towards repairing the Exodar.
Old 07-22-2017, 01:13 AM

Keeper of the Grove
BattleTag: MelosEgo#1512

Some years ago, I had an idea for Legion Expansion based in Lordaeron right after WoD. Surprised to see some of those ideas used in Legion.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...page=2#post-36
Old 07-22-2017, 05:08 AM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
Quel'thalas definitely is due for an update, but if you think of it, if they were ever going to revamp the Azuremist Isles, the time is now. We've reached the conclusion of the Draenei Story Arc. It's time for them to find a new purpose, new conflicts. I'd dedicate the Azuremist Experience towards repairing the Exodar.
When you think about it, there was a fake spoiler mentionning an attack of Azshara On Quel Thalas and Darnassus.... Maybe... :thinking:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
Nothing, this is Scrolls of Lore, every conversation on here slowly distills down to Sylvanas, Lorderon or Worgen. I'm pretty sure that theres a mathematical truth to this.
Old 07-22-2017, 06:10 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
They could very well introduce new versions of Quel'thalas and draenei mist isles into the proper continents and remake the leveling experiences. Both Draenei and Blood Elves changed a lot since ther introduction (more than any other race!)

Plus, with level scaling, they could use THOSE zones as the pre-expansion patch content, so the work is not wasted.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 07-22-2017, 06:23 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Such foolishness. It is not high elves and nightborne who shall usher in the age of neutrality, but high elves and AoL Eredar!
Old 07-22-2017, 07:01 AM

Faerie Dragon

I tried something fast with the night elf and the nightborne.

I mean...it could work? the night elf model has too much muscle I think.
Old 07-22-2017, 07:14 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipnos View Post
I tried something fast with the night elf and the nightborne.

I mean...it could work? the night elf model has too much muscle I think.
Nice. Muscles can be toned down a little, the ears can be changed. The point is that Blizzard would just need to make minor adjustments to the model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Such foolishness. It is not high elves and nightborne who shall usher in the age of neutrality, but high elves and AoL Eredar!
Whatever rocks your boat, thought I think the chances of that happening are thinner.

Old 07-22-2017, 07:23 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
Nightborne have more in common with blood elves than night elves. They are arcane-oriented survivors of a terrible magical addiction that were betrayed by their leader, who joined the Legion.

During 7.1, blood, night and high elves kinda unite to help the nightborne retake Suramar. However, while the blood elves (specially Liadrin) treat the nightborne with kindness and respect and feel empathy towards their issues, the night elves (specially Tyrande) see the nightborne with suspicion.

From the nightborne perspective, they show respect and curiosity towards the blood elves, while the night elves appear primitive and harsh towards them.

During 7.2, Aethas Sunreaver takes a nightborne mage as his apprentice. It's little, but shows sin'dorei and shal'dorei working together.

In 7.3, Silgryn answers the call to Argus in a blood elf ship, with Liadrin and Aethas. A datamined conversation between Silgryn and Liadrin shows her explaining how joining the Horde helped the blood elves and how much alike they are to the shal'dorei, to which Silgryn replies that she "gave him much to think about".
>world comes under attack by demons
>hide away in a giant bubble rather than help your race fight them
>squat under said bubble for thousands of years
>when the demons come back bend over for them
>actually kind of like the whole demon thing afterall
>the same guys who wanted you to help them stop the end of the world come back
>they're a bit peeved you've not changed
>they help you anyway but give you some lip
>"wtf i love the horde now?"

Nightborne really do belong with the Horde. They're as useless and self-serving as the Blood Elves.
Old 07-22-2017, 07:23 AM

Elune

I hope people saying TBC content is due for an overhaul realize that Cata has existed as playable content for more time than Vanilla did.
Old 07-22-2017, 08:10 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Vaximillian#2212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
They're as useless and self-serving as the Blood Elves.
Goddamnit Drusus. Your hateboner burns ever brightly.
Old 07-22-2017, 08:33 AM

Eternal

Do current Nightborne models use Night Elf or Blood Elf skeletons?

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, FruitLab, or Brighteon.
Old 07-22-2017, 08:50 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaximillian View Post
Goddamnit Drusus. Your hateboner burns ever brightly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ujimasa Hojo View Post
Do current Nightborne models use Night Elf or Blood Elf skeletons?
Night Elves.
Old 07-22-2017, 10:35 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
>world comes under attack by demons
>hide away in a giant bubble rather than help your race fight them
>squat under said bubble for thousands of years
>when the demons come back bend over for them
>actually kind of like the whole demon thing afterall
>the same guys who wanted you to help them stop the end of the world come back
>they're a bit peeved you've not changed
>they help you anyway but give you some lip
>"wtf i love the horde now?"

Nightborne really do belong with the Horde. They're as useless and self-serving as the Blood Elves.
In their defense, the nightborne that we ally with are the ones who refused the whole demon thing and showed interest in the outsiders.

I see the nightborne, if they ally with the Horde, as kind of like the tauren: almost neutral, no ill will towards the Alliance.

Old 07-22-2017, 10:50 AM

Quote:
In their defense, the nightborne that we ally with are the ones who refused the whole demon thing and showed interest in the outsiders.
But they're still the same Highborne who sided with the demons during the War of the Ancients and only changed sides once their own city was in danger.
Old 07-22-2017, 11:02 AM

Arch-Druid

Sheesh SoL is being slower than usual for me. Do these huge threads cause it?
Old 07-22-2017, 11:12 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
But they're still the same Highborne who sided with the demons during the War of the Ancients and only changed sides once their own city was in danger.
Did the Suramar elves side with the demons?
AFAIK, they didn't side with the Legion, but they didn't expect the demons to be defeated, so they raised the barrier to protect themselves.

Old 07-22-2017, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Did the Suramar elves side with the demons?
AFAIK, they didn't side with the Legion, but they didn't expect the demons to be defeated, so they raised the barrier to protect themselves.
IIRC, they did. They just changed sides to protect what would become the Nightwell.
Old 07-22-2017, 12:27 PM

Warden

They were fine with whatever Azshara wanted. Only Prince Farondis rose against her in the region. Elisande knew about the Legion and was distrustful but didn't care and believed in her queen's plan... Until the Legion wanted another portal in Suramar.
Old 07-22-2017, 12:44 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurehax View Post
Sheesh SoL is being slower than usual for me. Do these huge threads cause it?
I hadn't thought about it but that may actually be the reason SoL is always slow.
Closed Thread

Tags
world of warcraft, wow legion