Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 10-29-2013, 01:25 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odok View Post
Like a special Way of the Brew recipe that can only be obtained during Brewfest? Like maybe a Direbrew recipe that drops off Coren? That transforms you into a dark iron dwarf like that pot of it behind the bar used to do before it bugged out forever ago?

Or letting high level characters "cook" special Noblegarden eggs that can be placed anywhere and give a one-hour XP buff when clicked?
Yeah, stuff like that would be fine too. They could also add craftable Love is in the Air perfumes that make you gain rep faster, make mobs less aggressive or attract certain types of mobs and/or battle pets.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:17 PM

World Builder

Runes

I would make the seasonal events not directly inspired by IRL ones, they'd match the time of year but not necessarily all that much else, and more variety amongst the various races celebrating them.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 10-29-2013, 02:19 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: Torch#2569

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
I would make the seasonal events not directly inspired by IRL ones, they'd match the time of year but not necessarily all that much else, and more variety amongst the various races celebrating them.
Wait, racial diversity, in my World of Warcraft?

GTFO until you learn to love Stormwind!

If I die, blame it on BfA
Old 10-29-2013, 02:22 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
Worgen should have a holiday similar to Meatoberfest like the Charr have.

EDIT: Royal Banquet too.

Last edited by Lord Grimtale; 10-29-2013 at 02:32 PM..
Old 10-29-2013, 02:24 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
Worgen should have a holiday similar to Meatoberfest like the Charr have.
We could call it Whatsaworgenfest.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:32 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
We could call it Whatsaworgenfest.
What would they do?
Old 10-29-2013, 02:35 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Odok#1101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
Wait, racial diversity, in my World of Warcraft?

GTFO until you learn to love Stormwind!
I never understood this. For what needed service are you forced to go to Stormwind? Just pick another Alliance city to hang out in.

Shit, Stormwind wasn't even the Alliance capital until Wrath. Before then it was Ironforge, and you actually were forced to go there for anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowtide View Post
For playing a fantasy game, some of you have a really withered imagination.
Old 10-29-2013, 03:25 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

So I'll just brain fart out how I think things should be, but also add minimal work requirements by Blizzard to make them happen. Ideally my intention with these is to allow Blizzard to do very little work but also update and give the holidays some new things to do. Some of these require more work than others but in reality its for the best. All the holidays should have seasonal bosses and return trips to destinations as is tradition, it helps the world feel more alive this way and keeps new content generation down for them. New bosses and drops are great as well, not replacing the current bosses but giving something else to do along side them, hell you can even tie things together. All the old content should get a new item or two and be updated gear wise to make them relevant, but the new bosses would act to fill in many of the gear gaps the holidays have. Nothing overpowered of course, but more mellowing out the void the seasons leave between eachother/entirely lack.

In terms of providing a little something new without much work. I'd recycle the short lived vampire boss in Kara for Hallows End, not exactly the same mind you, but with a new hook and storyline. Perhaps delve into the Dark Riders a little bit regarding recovering some artefacts. I'd utilize the named ghost NPCs that they never did anything with. A new seasonal weapon to go after. One thing this allows is something that is more targeted to the Worgen aspect of the Holiday they want to make a thing. Headless Horseman feels more like an Undead boss for the Forsaken given it's presence in SM, story and location. Him torching Goldshire always felt a little awkward where as Brill makes sense. The vampire boss's proximity to Stormwind would allow for a better logical flow for the questing, it would also allow for the Worgen to get a little love with a light touch on the butchered Dark Riders part of their story.

I'd recycle Firelands content for a seasonal boss for mid summer providing something about the new Elemental Lord being crowned rather than that being left open. Two lords, one has requested our help taking out his competition as he is the lesser of two evils. Because I'm old school I'd want a take on the cheesy old Fire Lord from Warcraft 3. New summery fire weapon from this event filling in yet another seasonal gift gap possibly a shield.

I'd add Saint Patricks Day in terms of a celebration of the Nightelves return to nature and the driving of the highborne (snakes) from the land. Certainly set up for some Naga content and helps educate the less lorey players on events. Malfurion being celebrated isn't super popular with most of you but it has potential in the grand scheme. Goblins would be bastardizing the holiday and Horde side celebrating Green Skin day, also popular with Orcs. Stormwinds canals are dyed green, Undercities waterways are... well. Some world history, naga, nightelf and goblin/orc plots (It's not easy being green). If I absolutely HAD to give the Horde a saint I'd begrudgingly put focus on Broxigar which is sadly cannon. More Here

Feast of Wintervale I'd add a Krampus plot involving a Warlock named Skruge. Seed quests would involve us having to teach him the true meaning of wintervale and warm his icy heart, I would utilize the old Evil Wizard alpha model for him. New boss would be a Christmas Krampus in a summoning gone wrong, rescuing kids that it has kidnapped for sacrifice in an effort to summon the Legion. We must go to Northrend where the beast has followed a call to Mal'Ganis's aid, old abandoned plot hook leads us to close it. Part of the true meaning of Christmas will involve a visit to father winter himself Hodir and the Ice Giants, whom are celebrating acting as a central hub and get a gift for completing the line. A new wintery piece of gear for this line from Hodir himself, possibly a frosty mace.

Children's week would be updated with a new set of loveable orphans. Possibly Goblin, Worgen or Pandaren if they don't want to do any work. Regardless another new trip to visit lore characters and a couple new adorable pets depending on what shape it takes.

Harvest Festival 2 for Canadian Thanksgiving. The worst of the holidays, but it's something and theres so many more heroes that deserve honouring for the Horde and Alliance. Nothing big or long. Just another two "go here, honour a dude, get a thing".

For updating Love is in the Air I'd do a new Maiden of Virtue style boss with a unique skin, choose whatever titanic dungeon you want to stick her in. Some quests surrounding why it's a big deal involving some archaeology. A new chamber or whatever has been unearthed and the dig site cursed with lovin'. Dwarven and Bloodelven archaeologists have set aside their differences and become smitten with one and other, something isn't right. Horde and Alliance are put on the trail by their respective factions. Cute little side plot, couple quests new boss and a new ridiculous weapon drop like a love bow (that when equipped adds dorky little wings to your toons back). I'd love to see the The Reliquary again even if it's for something as silly as this. As for the location... the more I think of it, the more I want to see something happen with the Barrens dig site, this would be the perfect place to do something like this. They once were going to make that a dungeon, just make it an instanced room, I'd recycle the Titan art assets that have for whatever stupid reason a bunch of cherubs on them. Darker hook, the maiden was corrupted by whatever mumbo jumbo abandoned plot regards that place.

Lunar Festival‎, just some more depth given to the holiday and an instanced boss. I'd like to get some Nightelf Elune lore out of this, maybe something regarding the blue child. I don't have much in mind for the holiday as Omen is awkward as shit lore wise to begin with. Just... something. What I would totally add however is a Worgen aspect to this holiday and maybe them actually doing Goldrinn properly, I'd definitely involve a pilgrimage to the unused shrine where the Scythe of Elune first appeared and decorate the area with a new plot/celebration hub. Worgen deserve something like this and that shrine is depressingly empty, it should be a big deal as it was the players first interaction with the Worgen in the game generally and the start of the quest that made them a thing. It there for ties in with the Nightelf aspects of things. There would be a new drop from this, possibly a caster offhand in the form of a lunar sickle from whatever boss is added.

Noblegarden‎ really should have a seasonal Verming boss added somewhere in Pandaria and a weapon drop. They could do something fun with it and make it Pandaria relevant giving the Pandaren something at the very least after their expansion is done. I'd add a bunny lord that has risen up and been worshipped as a god by the others, he has stolen Chi-Ji last egg, it's up to the players to retrieve it. Tillers rejoice.

Pilgrim's Bounty should get a boss, a Turkey ancient or something and a new quest line. Actually thats lame, but regardless it needs a seasonal boss. I'd like to see the Howling Fjord be utilized in some way. I'd take the Tauren native thing to the next level and have honoring family become a part of it. They would have a line involving visiting the Taunka and heritage and perhaps befriending a remaining group of Yongol. Human side, I'd make the Pilgrim family thing become more of a thing, with representatives from the various human nations having dinner, showing unity and family within their fold. It would also be nice to see aspects of the human countries be referenced. I'd also add on the heritage thing a visit to the Vrykul with a similar aspect to the horde side. Some serious stuff, some lore ties and a sense of unity and togetherness for the two focus races of the holiday. Heritage should be a focus for this holiday.

Brewfest would get a new boss/weapon added to the Stormstout brewery and a Brewmaster plot/reward/celebration angle to it. It's necessary.

Last edited by Sonneillon; 10-29-2013 at 04:10 PM..
Old 10-30-2013, 11:01 AM

Eternal

Quote:
I never understood this. For what needed service are you forced to go to Stormwind? Just pick another Alliance city to hang out in.

Shit, Stormwind wasn't even the Alliance capital until Wrath. Before then it was Ironforge, and you actually were forced to go there for anything.
Well, back in 4.3 I needed to go to Stormwind to reforge anything (seriously, who's idea was that? They should be shot), which really sucked as I'm on a high-pop server and I was playing on a pretty slow laptop back then...

(I mean SW humans. And I'm joking. Sort of. Maybe not. KOSAAAAAAAK!)

Old 10-30-2013, 11:48 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonneillon View Post

pilgrim's bounty should get a boss, a turkey ancient or something and a new quest line. Actually thats lame, but regardless it needs a seasonal boss
brewfest would get a new boss/weapon added to the stormstout brewery and a brewmaster plot/reward/celebration angle to it. It's necessary.
we could have nesingwary turket hunt!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
based neokitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Shape up, Neocat. Fuck's sake.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:44 PM

Eternal

Quote:

I'd argue that Stormwind became the essential city to hang out in during Cataclysm, when that was pretty much explicitly stated Blizzard goals; Ironforge and Darnassus didn't have the portals to the Cata zones, or the ethereal services, or really any notable new content since launch, while Stormwind got all of those things and a bunch of added square footage.

Now that you've got the Reforge mounts (and the Ethereal cats in the Shrines) then yeah, maybe it's not as necessary to live in Stormwind, but that too was also explicit Blizzard design because everyone living in one place waiting on queues to pop turned around to bite them in the Cata postmortem.

Expect nothing and anything will surprise you.
Old 10-30-2013, 03:26 PM

Eternal

Just realised how SoO is showing Orgrimmar in the holiday style, with pumpkins and everything...

My immersion!

Old 10-30-2013, 03:35 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
So I'll just brain fart out how I think things should be, but also add minimal work requirements by Blizzard to make them happen. Ideally my intention with these is to allow Blizzard to do very little work but also update and give the holidays some new things to do. Some of these require more work than others but in reality its for the best. All the holidays should have seasonal bosses and return trips to destinations as is tradition, it helps the world feel more alive this way and keeps new content generation down for them. New bosses and drops are great as well, not replacing the current bosses but giving something else to do along side them, hell you can even tie things together. All the old content should get a new item or two and be updated gear wise to make them relevant, but the new bosses would act to fill in many of the gear gaps the holidays have. Nothing overpowered of course, but more mellowing out the void the seasons leave between eachother/entirely lack.

In terms of providing a little something new without much work. I'd recycle the short lived vampire boss in Kara for Hallows End, not exactly the same mind you, but with a new hook and storyline. Perhaps delve into the Dark Riders a little bit regarding recovering some artefacts. I'd utilize the named ghost NPCs that they never did anything with. A new seasonal weapon to go after. One thing this allows is something that is more targeted to the Worgen aspect of the Holiday they want to make a thing. Headless Horseman feels more like an Undead boss for the Forsaken given it's presence in SM, story and location. Him torching Goldshire always felt a little awkward where as Brill makes sense. The vampire boss's proximity to Stormwind would allow for a better logical flow for the questing, it would also allow for the Worgen to get a little love with a light touch on the butchered Dark Riders part of their story.

+1, in fact I like all of these ideas. Always a big fan of expanding on holiday Lore.
Old 10-30-2013, 04:01 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
Just realised how SoO is showing Orgrimmar in the holiday style, with pumpkins and everything...

My immersion!
You didn't see it decked out in brewfest stuff?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
based neokitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Shape up, Neocat. Fuck's sake.

Tags
fanwank, gameplay