Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 10-27-2013, 06:13 AM

Elune

Gah, I know 99% of the people will disagree with me, but that map makes me really wish Kul Tiras was multiracial. Say due to Scourge or naga pressure the various groups on the island (humans and palls, trolls, gnolls perhaps some orcs) had to bury the hatched and stand together or die divided.
After that they kinda realized that the disparate and few in number peoples of KT don't have much a reason to fight, and so trade and peaceful co-existence of previously warring races ensued.
Eventually the Drisburg undead break free of the LK's grasp, but lacking Sylvanas' influence they don't become like the Forsaken and join up the patchwork coalition of Kul Tiras.

Now, not everything would be perfect, there would be latent tensions but overall it would be a story of peace prevailing over war.

I really, really think a part of the world where diverse (Alliance, Horde, neutral) races live together, tired of faction wars and such, would be both plausible and a very rewarding storyline.

At the very least I hope that KT introduces Alliance aligned Drisburg undead.
Old 10-27-2013, 07:00 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
Gah, I know 99% of the people will disagree with me, but that map makes me really wish Kul Tiras was multiracial. Say due to Scourge or naga pressure the various groups on the island (humans and palls, trolls, gnolls perhaps some orcs) had to bury the hatched and stand together or die divided.
After that they kinda realized that the disparate and few in number peoples of KT don't have much a reason to fight, and so trade and peaceful co-existence of previously warring races ensued.
Eventually the Drisburg undead break free of the LK's grasp, but lacking Sylvanas' influence they don't become like the Forsaken and join up the patchwork coalition of Kul Tiras.

Now, not everything would be perfect, there would be latent tensions but overall it would be a story of peace prevailing over war.

I really, really think a part of the world where diverse (Alliance, Horde, neutral) races live together, tired of faction wars and such, would be both plausible and a very rewarding storyline.

Drisburg supposedly had Gnome and Dwarf immigrants before being destroyed.

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, FruitLab, or Brighteon.
Old 10-27-2013, 07:02 AM

Elune

Quote:

I hope that you don't mind that I find this idea of yours utterly not-acceptable.

Orcs are HATED by the Tirasians. I mean, their greatest heroes and sailors were killed by the Horde. And I guess that Undead aren't respected either (for obvious reasons), even if they broke free from the will of the Lich King.

So your idea is in my opinion just as ridiculous as neutral factions*.

*which are composed of playable races
Old 10-27-2013, 07:05 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungleluke View Post
I hope that you don't mind that I find this idea of yours utterly not-acceptable.

Orcs are HATED by the Tirasians. I mean, their greatest heroes and sailors were killed by the Horde. And I guess that Undead aren't respected either (for obvious reasons), even if they broke free from the will of the Lich King.

So your idea is in my opinion just as ridiculous as neutral factions*.

*which are composed of playable races
I get your stance about the Orcs but I think Alliance-aligned Tirassian Undead has great potential.

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, FruitLab, or Brighteon.
Old 10-27-2013, 07:08 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ujimasa Hojo View Post
I get your stance about the Orcs but I think Alliance-aligned Tirassian Undead has great potential.
Hmmm, but wouldn't that take away some of the originality from the Horde-Undead?
Old 10-27-2013, 07:12 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Hmmm, but wouldn't that take away some of the originality from the Horde-Undead?
If anything, it would drive a point that free-willed Undead are not coerced by the Forsaken into joining them.

Old 10-27-2013, 08:27 AM

Elune

Quote:
The idea is that the island was really beleaguered at one point, with all races present losing people daily. So the choice becomes very simple very quickly, stand alone and die or group up and live. From that desperate interaction friendly (or at least peaceful) bonds are established.

The main appeal is that there is this corner of Azeroth where people said "fuck you" to the faction conflict and have shown that coexistence is possible if people stop being pretentious dicks.
I just used KT because that map showed a lot of non-human settlements and it sparked my longing for a multiracial country. But KT is not the ideal place for it, I would say Argent Lordaeron is.

@Ujimasa, yeah, it seems we are on the same wavelength in regards to Alliance undead.

Forsaken recruitment methods, and supposed free will, need to produce Alliance defectors. Plus the contrast and introspection afforded by a second group of free willed undead will advance Forsaken lore much more than exclusivity (which was shot to hell by Ebon Blade anyway).
Old 10-27-2013, 09:54 AM

Sentinel Queen

The bloke who made this is going into making a map of Boralus City. I've linked him this thread, below are some early drafts. If you guys have any pointers, I'll pass them on/ make sure he reads them.
http://gyazo.com/d5054477b8e592b14a644df06d20c29a
http://gyazo.com/5ca6d8a1ae2fec9a30ff7170182817ee

Old 10-27-2013, 12:07 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niars View Post
The bloke who made this is going into making a map of Boralus City. I've linked him this thread, below are some early drafts. If you guys have any pointers, I'll pass them on/ make sure he reads them.
http://gyazo.com/d5054477b8e592b14a644df06d20c29a
http://gyazo.com/5ca6d8a1ae2fec9a30ff7170182817ee
The best and simplest advice I can give is, make it big. Make it at least Stromgarde size... and y'know, not dead.

Anyway I didn't initially post in this thread because I think we had another one like it where I posted my idea previously.

The idea revolves around the orcs spreading out and settling a second city. Initially an option was to build it in Ashenvale, since it is a nice, lush forest that could potentially be converted to farmland if needed be. But that is kind of out of the picture now that orcs have left Ashenvale lorewise.

The second, and only current, location was Alterac. Precisely, build a city in the Uplands region. It is lush, unclaimed by anyone of import and could house a city. The city would stretch from the coast of Lordamere lake up into the hills.

Possible districts include the harbor district, where undead come to trade and live from the nearby UC. Then the middle, general purpose district where most orc settlers live. Up on the hills would be a more rural part of the city, where farmers bring in their produce (farming is the ostensible reason for the creation of the city).
Last but not the least, a section of the city could be carved into the mountain side and connected with the Forstwolves. It would be a shamanistic and/or militaristic part of the city.

Residents would be mostly orcs, possibly Outland orcs feeling their crumbling homeland. Notable minorities would be undead and forest trolls who come looking for a better life in the big city.

Possible plots revolving around this town include subverting the Forsaken and their role within the Horde by implanting living settlers on Forsaken conquered lands, ostensibly for food and resource gathering purposes.
The true goal is to eventually outnumber the Forsaken and render them unneeded for continued Horde supremacy in Lordaeron.

Last edited by C9H20; 10-27-2013 at 12:09 PM..
Old 10-27-2013, 12:18 PM

Revenant - Moderator

Stromgarde and Alterac use the basic human assets for their capital. Stormwind, Dalaran, and Lordaeron use unique assets. I think Boralus should be in the second group.

For the capital of Kul Tiras, I would combine the maps of Theramore Isle from Warcraft III, the London Docklands, and the Venetian Arsenal (and the rest of Venice), while probably having some Spanish influences.

For the castle, I would have the Human shipyard from Warcraft III scaled up, and made more ornate. Where the bay window is on the loft, I would put something comparable to the throne rooms of Stormwind or Lordaeron, but with a big anchor design on the floor.

^ That, but made of stone and with towers. And the lighthouse would be centered and less comically huge, like the tower at Greymane Manor.

However, it is not my drawing. It would also be hard for anyone to draw.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.

Last edited by Revenant; 10-27-2013 at 05:00 PM..
Old 10-28-2013, 03:01 PM

Sentinel Queen

Work so far.

Old 10-28-2013, 03:12 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Venom

Woah, hold on a second, slow down there.

Are you implying there are other human cities comparable in size to Stormwind?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 10-28-2013, 04:03 PM

Echo of the Past

My money says the name "Boralus" is noncanon now and forever, due to its unfortunate ties to the RPG. If that island ever comes back, its capital city will be called "Kul Tiras City".

Because that is the bad way to design it, and bad is always the preferable choice to good, especially when it comes to minuscule details. Or something.

Last edited by BaronGrackle; 10-28-2013 at 04:12 PM..
Old 10-28-2013, 04:22 PM

Banished

Can I design a capital city of my original race?
Old 10-30-2013, 05:51 AM

Druid of the Talon

That Boralus map is amazing! It makes want to start doing maps again.

Related both to new maps and designing a settlement.

Zul'Aman: Maisarishi Taiga and Mashar'Tek

I made this a couple of months ago because I wanted to make maps for Zul'Aman (A superzone divided in two smaller zones, like strangethorn and Vashj'ir) Maisarishi Taiga (the northern, less habitated part of Zul'aman, much more colder than the adjacent Eversong woods) and Mashar'tek (the more populated southern portion of Zul'aman, the Zul'Aman Raid is the Temple complex, with the Shrine of Ula'tek connecting with the NE side on the Maisarishi Taiga)

Lordaeron Range

Since Northeron got canonized on the Twilight Highlands, now the Area north of WPL doesn't have even a fanon name. As many do, I like to imagine that there's a high elven population in the area. As of late now with the added survivors of the Quel'Lithien Lodge.

North Vigil

With North Point tower being the farthest from Theramore and left relatively intact when the Horde marched towards the city, the tower, under Captain Darill's command, has become the last remainder of the port city. Stragglers, once desertors, deployed spies and the lucky ones that weren't in Theramore when it was devastated have regrouped on the tower and have made their mission to harass the horde that manages to get through the Barrens.

With most Alliance resources sent to the rebuilding Northwatch, the occupants have been salvaging materials from the other towers, and the Ruins of Theramore itself, North Vigil has grown to be the size of a small town, becoming the largest Alliance prescence in Dustwallow nonetheless.

Taking advantage of their isolation and lack of resources and support from Stormwind and large high elven prescence, The Silver Covenant has diligently sent their support to the settlement, furthering the radicalization of it's inhabitants in return and organizing constant raids on Brackenwall Village.

Although the tentative truce between the alliance and horde after Garrosh's defeat has forced Jaina to withdraw from openly attacking the Horde, many believe that the Silver Covenant is acting directly under her command in arming Point Vigil. With Captain Darill now a Ranger Captain of the Silver Covenant and Commander of the Point Vigil forces, the heavily walled town exists in a highly militarized state.

PS: if someone would like my map crating resources, let me know.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:00 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: toffeeatoms#2825

Enough about boring humans, someone make some Draenei, Elven and Dwarven cities.

Humans suck butts.

Old 10-30-2013, 07:48 AM

Elune

Old 10-30-2013, 10:22 AM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Venom

Quote:
Originally Posted by belorealah View Post
Enough about boring humans, someone make some Draenei, Elven and Dwarven cities.

Humans suck butts.
I'm pretty sure that particular tradition is local to Stormwind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:33 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: toffeeatoms#2825

Quote:

I don't want High Elves... I love Blood Elves, High Elves suck, I am Anti-High Elf...

I just want the end of human + Orc bias. It got boring after Vanilla.

Old 10-30-2013, 12:42 PM

Sentinel Queen

Update.

Old 10-30-2013, 05:57 PM

Eternal

I am thinking of a Goblin-Gnome Town. It is neutral and its goal is to make inventions for the betterment of everyone in Azeroth. It imagine it in some island in the South Seas. Its leaders are a Goblin-Gnome couple. I'm gonna borrow the idea from the RPG where Gnomes work in pairs. However in this town, the pair has one Goblin and one Gnome. They try to balance the advantages of their respective techs. The Goblin Cartels and Gnome purists have spies in the town to sabotages its efforts.

Old 10-30-2013, 06:09 PM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ujimasa Hojo View Post
I am thinking of a Goblin-Gnome Town. It is neutral and its goal is to make inventions for the betterment of everyone in Azeroth. It imagine it in some island in the South Seas. Its leaders are a Goblin-Gnome couple. I'm gonna borrow the idea from the RPG where Gnomes work in pairs. However in this town, the pair has one Goblin and one Gnome. They try to balance the advantages of their respective techs. The Goblin Cartels and Gnome purists have spies in the town to sabotages its efforts.
Soooo Fizzle and Pozzik's Speedbarge?
Old 10-30-2013, 06:40 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellick View Post
I was thinking more of the inhabitants being full-blown neutral and more invention-oriented. Maybe it could an extension of this partnership.

Old 10-30-2013, 08:12 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

In honor of Vol'jin being Warchief, I propose* the idea of combining Sen'jin Village and the Echo Islands into a proper capital, with land reclamation and everything, somewhat akin to Tenochtitlan. Naturally, wood as a building material shall be limited to raptor/orc pens. It can be named Zul'jin, or something suitably awesome.

It can have stuff like a gigantic pyramid for Bwonsamdi worship, and shrines to Gonk and whatever other Loa the Darkspear are favorable toward.

Gigantic stone seawalls would be also necessary, to add some verisimilitude to the capital. And a gigantic fleet... also made out of stone.

Orgrimmar goes splat in turn.

* steal

The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.

Last edited by Millenia; 10-30-2013 at 08:14 PM..
Old 10-30-2013, 10:51 PM

Druid of the Talon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenia View Post
In honor of Vol'jin being Warchief, I propose* the idea of combining Sen'jin Village and the Echo Islands into a proper capital, with land reclamation and everything, somewhat akin to Tenochtitlan. Naturally, wood as a building material shall be limited to raptor/orc pens. It can be named Zul'jin, or something suitably awesome.

It can have stuff like a gigantic pyramid for Bwonsamdi worship, and shrines to Gonk and whatever other Loa the Darkspear are favorable toward.

Gigantic stone seawalls would be also necessary, to add some verisimilitude to the capital. And a gigantic fleet... also made out of stone.

Orgrimmar goes splat in turn.

* steal
Agree (on both accounts)

Really like the idea of connecting Sen'jin Village with the Echo Isles, trolls do deserve a more solid architecture instead of planks. I guess that even of the Darkspear never knew much about architecture, with all the troll raids we have seen some salvaging would have happened in Zul'Aman, Zul'Gurub, Zul'Drak and the Isle of Thunder. Now that the horde Warchief is troll, it might be the chance for the darkspear to reclaim a bit of the troll glory.

Tags
civilization, fanwank