Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 12-08-2013, 10:27 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shroombie View Post
Hear me out here, I know this sounds crazy, but.. What if there was an Orc...Who didn't like the Alliance... But he wasn't evil!
There was Nazgrel, but Blizzard forgot about him.

Garrosh was supposed to be that too, but the schizophrenic way he was written made players hate him and Blizzard then made him evil in a failed attempt to salvage the storyline.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:58 PM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgeAxe View Post
There was Nazgrel, but Blizzard forgot about him.

Garrosh was supposed to be that too, but the schizophrenic way he was written made players hate him and Blizzard then made him evil in a failed attempt to salvage the storyline.
Vol'jin also briefly (well, from BC until Cataclysm) inherited that bit of characterization which had belonged to Nazgrel.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:13 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne_Neritas View Post
Co-led one Alliance side. Fell apart because drama caused by members from a certain drama filled guild that anyone from MG would know about.
I'm from MG, but I have no clue which guild you're talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
And meanwhile you're asking people to draw your characters with massive cleavage.
Wait, what? Is there someone offering character drawings on the forums?

The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:25 AM

Eternal

I don't really RP nowadays, though I'm probably going to get back to it and hop on the Draenei train in WoD. I guess the character concepts I've never used would be Horde-side since I prefer to play Alliance. I made a Goblin in Cata who would collect exotic poisons from across the land to sell and being interested in the various types there are. Sampling some himself, something along the lines of Xaril I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
A Dark Iron Paladin struggling with his faith in the Light after once being one of Thaurissan's soldiers. Yeah, Dark Irons aren't playable but it's one idea I thought of at one point.
A few Dark Iron Rpers though, my lock was one! Don't think I've seen a Dark Iron paladin yet, but that could be neat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenia View Post
I'm from MG, but I have no clue which guild you're talking about.
I think I know, though purely from Panda treatment since a guild with drama doesn't narrow down the options much
Old 12-09-2013, 12:28 AM

Elune
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

I miss the days of there being actual RP on the RP servers.

I ended up rolling most of the characters I actually wanted to RP, though I only did it for one of them consistently. The one I gave up doing (since I didn't have the time to devote to it) was a human warlock who wanted to convert demons to the Light.

His rationale was that the Light is something that connects all thinking beings. Demons, however corrupted, are thinking and are therefore of the Light. Therefore he would only take souls from non-sentient creatures (he wouldn't even take souls from undead, for fear that something of the former person remained in them), and would always explain to his minions why he was conducting the quest. It was to be moral instruction as well as combat. I always left it ambiguous as to whether or not he was successful (at any rate, he thought he was).

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Old 12-09-2013, 05:03 AM

Warden
BattleTag: Namica#1257

My old Pandaren hated Alliance. Reason being an RP that ended with her brother being killed by Alliance in IoT, defending Thunderking Artifacts (you know, the ones that Alliance were explicitly forbidden from taking?)

There is honestly plenty of reason for many Horde to hate Alliance without being evil. Goblins, Blood Elves, Orcs, and Forsaken especially.
Old 12-09-2013, 05:35 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: toffeeatoms#2825

I am a avid rper on Argent Dawn EU, the blood elf community is awesome.

I would like to see more Horde rp on my server, more orc shamans, more troll shadow hunters, more tauren thingies, more Forsaken rogues... Yes, want more horde, I would play a troll but, the hordeside rp is limited and tough.

Old 12-09-2013, 05:39 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

I've got a question for the RPers, how important are professions for your character concept? For example, do you sometimes have your character learn inscription as a way to portray them as a person of higher status with a good education?
Old 12-09-2013, 05:44 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
I've got a question for the RPers, how important are professions for your character concept? For example, do you sometimes have your character learn inscription as a way to portray them as a person of higher status with a good education?
Yes! It is quite common in fact, my priest learned jewlcrafting from his mother as a young man and uses it to fund himself while working in the military, he then took up alchemy after joining and being a healer, is now able to make poison cures and health potions. I of course never have my character able to make everything, limits are better than knowing everything. But it is entirely profitable. Obviously cooking and first aid are leveled and can be used in character, cooking is limited to a in character level.

I even know someone who uses archaeology as a character hobbie, often comes up to speak with you and shows you new things he has found.

Old 12-09-2013, 10:27 AM

Elune

Just a couple basic idea I've thought up in the past, nothing super detailed. Some of them I ended up making, some not.

-A blood elf who is terrified of undead to the point that he/she is incapable of working with Forsaken or DKs.
-A Frostwolf orc who grew up in AV listening to Drek'thar's stories of the past and was the first through the WoD portal to see the orcs of the past, but has to come to terms with the revelation that no apparently the orcs were always #savage.
-A draenei who preaches forgiveness and understanding to the orcs, but hypocritically does not follow those teachings himself and can't stand orcs.
-A Druid of the Scythe who turned on Alpha Prime during Gilneas and ended up moving in with the worgen in Felwood. He spends time around Grizzly Hills/Gilneas/Duskwood trying to make up for everything the Druids of the Scythe did while at the same time dealing with his #savage side since he never drank those three wells for the blessing.

It's one thing to have problems and voice your concerns, but when you endlessly bitch day in and day out about the same tired old shit, it honestly makes me wonder why you are even here. Generally when somebody doesn't like something, they stop caring about it.

And on that note, SoL is a forum I no longer enjoy. So, I'm done here. And I genuinely think the people who have absolutely nothing at all positive to say about the game and, the people whose posts are composed entirely of whining, really consider leaving (or at least sticking to non-WoW sections). Because if you truly get no enjoyment out of WoW, then why are you here?

With that said, goodbye.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:31 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reignac View Post
Just a couple basic idea I've thought up in the past, nothing super detailed. Some of them I ended up making, some not.

-A blood elf who is terrified of undead to the point that he/she is incapable of working with Forsaken or DKs.

This one I have seen quite often, always stuttering, little girl priestesses with blond hair and daddy issues...

*Sigh*

My blood Elf wants to burn them all in flame, and has done so as often as he can (Without getting caught) He has even made plans should the Forsaken ever turn on Quel'thalas (Which he things is utterly possible and going to happen any day now)... He utterly ignores they exist otherwise if about the city. And on the rare chance he has to go in to forsaken lands he keeps himself, and those he is traveling with in bubbles of light or with blessings to protect against them.

Old 12-09-2013, 10:45 AM

Warden
BattleTag: Namica#1257

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
My Goblin uses alchemy very extensively, from self powering, to explosions, to just plain having fun.

Always sad how few Goblin's take advantage of their alchemy roots.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:46 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

I had a blood elf warlock with which I never got to RP, but the idea was that she'd constantly mock the Blood Knights by implying that they're warlocks too, no better than she was.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:51 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne_Neritas View Post
My old Pandaren hated Alliance. Reason being an RP that ended with her brother being killed by Alliance in IoT, defending Thunderking Artifacts (you know, the ones that Alliance were explicitly forbidden from taking?)

There is honestly plenty of reason for many Horde to hate Alliance without being evil. Goblins, Blood Elves, Orcs, and Forsaken especially.
According to Moon Guard players, Garrosh destroyed their image of being peaceful Horde characters so they transfered to the Alliance or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.

Tags
anne are you ok?, are you ok anne?, arpee, fanwank