Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 12-12-2013, 02:05 AM

Elune

Why don't high elf fans just roll blood elves like I did?
Old 12-12-2013, 02:07 AM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
And they still got more then Ogre and Forest Troll fans.
Old 12-12-2013, 03:08 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: toffeeatoms#2825

Yay! Blood Elf thread!

*Rolls around*

I approve of ending High Elves, vapid little shits need their chapter closing now. Poor things, as interesting as they could be, they are not, thus it adds another useless faction.

Yes, blood elves have had lore, however their entire city is old, trapped what 10 years ago. It makes showing a passage of time in RP difficult, when you say "Well they have fixed this" and you look, and its not fixed, half the city is a pile of rubble.

If honest, if we got a silvermoon/eversong update, I would shut up and go away. There would be no more moans.

I would like to see a bit more of the contrast of the Blood Elves in the horde, also for them not to loose their identity, I want to see them arguing with orcs, being the long lived people among children... I also want to see more of the NPCs honouring the fallen and ect.

Whats wrong with them? Either they are homogenized (Horde) or they don't fit in the Horde. SO MAKE THEM NEUTRAL BLIZZ.

I don't like Liadrin's storyline, I was never keen redemption, I do however like elves using light, creating their own bits and bobs and mixing magic and faith in someway.

Biggest thing for me, is there are SO MANY wholes in stories, lore, and identity, drives me insane.

Yay! More Blood Elves!

Old 12-12-2013, 04:49 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erthad View Post
Lore-wise, I think Blood Elves are doing better than every other playable race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
Blood Elves and Dwarves are the only races that are done right.

Last edited by Hammerbrew; 12-12-2013 at 05:00 AM..
Old 12-12-2013, 05:00 AM

Arch-Druid

Agreed.

Old 12-12-2013, 05:07 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerbrew View Post
Old 12-12-2013, 06:54 AM

Arch-Druid

I feel blood elves have enjoyed a very generous slice of lore pie. They've had fairly realistic goals relevant to them as a people (restoring their fallen kingdom, for one) and have actually made progress with them along with some satisfying conclusions (see: Sunwell, the Outland exodus, etc.). When they sit out of a plot, there's usually a good given reason for it (lacking the manpower for Northrend so soon after Quel'Danas) and they're worked fairly well into foreign storylines without taking over the spotlight from everyone else (the Reliquary in Cata, Blood Knights in WoD, and pretty much the entirety of MoP). Really can't complain too much. I also really enjoy their characters; even the fuckups like Aethas Sunreaver are interesting to me.

The only issue I have with high elves is their representation. I don't care that they exist, for fanservice or to play the foil or whatever; they were a relevant part of the Alliance back in WC2 and it's nice to see remnants of that. But appearing as much as they do is just silly. It undermines the entire point of the blood elf "race" in the first place (paying homage to, you know, the fall of the high elf race) and is highly unfair to the playable core Alliance races starving for some attention.

So eh, 70% satisfied, 20% room for improvement, 10% dubiousness that needs to be remedied.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:05 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
As if the Horde needs you on their side.
Please, there's enough bias toward the Horde as is. The last thing they would want is my hallowed touch.

Also, show me on the doll where the high elf touched you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
As I have said, these high elves have drained narrative space that other less developed Alliance races need. Shouldn't you as an Alliance fan want that much at least?
You assume that, should Blizzard have vetoed any high elf involvement beyond "just put one or two NPCs here", they would have developed the other Alliance. That is highly unlikely.

The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
Old 12-12-2013, 08:13 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Do you think I want to be stuck with uncivilised Orc bastards? №!
Old 12-12-2013, 08:16 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagan View Post
Do you think I want to be stuck with uncivilised Orc bastards? №!
Lol, ^This...

Old 12-12-2013, 08:23 AM

Banished

Dwarves can be Mages and Warlocks post Cata. You can have all the cultural brilliance AND the ability to hold your ale.

You're welcome.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:27 PM

Hypersensitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
I feel blood elves have enjoyed a very generous slice of lore pie. They've had fairly realistic goals relevant to them as a people (restoring their fallen kingdom, for one) and have actually made progress with them along with some satisfying conclusions (see: Sunwell, the Outland exodus, etc.). When they sit out of a plot, there's usually a good given reason for it (lacking the manpower for Northrend so soon after Quel'Danas) and they're worked fairly well into foreign storylines without taking over the spotlight from everyone else (the Reliquary in Cata, Blood Knights in WoD, and pretty much the entirety of MoP). Really can't complain too much. I also really enjoy their characters; even the fuckups like Aethas Sunreaver are interesting to me.

The only issue I have with high elves is their representation. I don't care that they exist, for fanservice or to play the foil or whatever; they were a relevant part of the Alliance back in WC2 and it's nice to see remnants of that. But appearing as much as they do is just silly. It undermines the entire point of the blood elf "race" in the first place (paying homage to, you know, the fall of the high elf race) and is highly unfair to the playable core Alliance races starving for some attention.

So eh, 70% satisfied, 20% room for improvement, 10% dubiousness that needs to be remedied.
Damnit why do you always post exactly what I was thinking of posting!

But yeah like most cases, I agree with you on all your points.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:30 PM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Quote:
Because you're fel, the orcs too and they stink, the forsaken is the worst and trolls are weirdos. The trolls stink too.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 12-12-2013, 02:32 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphemialibritannia View Post
Damnit why do you always post exactly what I was thinking of posting!

But yeah like most cases, I agree with you on all your points.
Zeal is an agreeable poster, isn't he? I also find myself agreeing with most of his posts, and he has nice avatars too.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:41 PM

Hypersensitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Zeal is an agreeable poster, isn't he? I also find myself agreeing with most of his posts, and he has nice avatars too.
Its just not fair, he must have some flaws, and we must find them!
Old 12-12-2013, 02:51 PM

World Builder

Runes

I wonder if Belfs might not have gone over better if they looked a little more mutated by fel energy, halfway between wretched and fel-elves.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 12-12-2013, 02:55 PM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
I wonder if Belfs might not have gone over better if they looked a little more mutated by fel energy, halfway between wretched and fel-elves.
Perhaps not that harshly but I've also had such thoguhts. Perhaps a few demonic stuff here and there. Claws and such. Perhaps small horns?

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 12-12-2013, 03:03 PM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
No.
Old 12-12-2013, 03:22 PM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
Perhaps not that harshly but I've also had such thoguhts. Perhaps a few demonic stuff here and there. Claws and such. Perhaps small horns?
I dunno about horns, but some of those fel-green cracks in their bodies would've cut down on the 'supermodel' factor that put off hordeplayers who wanted the Horde to stay the monster faction.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 12-12-2013, 09:02 PM

Elune

The Blood Elves need an Alliance foil that aren't the High Elves. In TBC this was clearly the Draenei but the Sunwell put a stop to that. Granted, with the Alliance-Horde War over now it may be a little redundant, but maybe I'm just getting bitter the Helves (a non-playable Alliance race) had more development in three expansion packs than some races have had in four. Dalaran seems to be taking up that role more, but it still remains mostly a "Helves with Jaina there" problem.

One thing I want to see is the Purge/Sunreaver Guilty/Not incident put to rest. I imagine War Crimes will do this though... hopefully.

For now we need more exposure on how Sillymoon is progressing. The major point in TBC was that it remained a totalitarian state. With Kael'thas gone and the Sunwell restored were those restrictions lacked? Is the Farstrider/Blud Nite rival still prominent?
Old 12-12-2013, 09:08 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
I agree. Turn them into blood elves!
Got to go with this.

High Elves are an unnecessary regression in the story.

But honestly, Blood Elves should have still had the Mana Vampire thing and Kael'thas.

But overall, you're still a bunch of arrogant, and often rightly so, magisters who wield magic with both pragmatism and style.

And I have to say. That's very right.

So, kudos to the first elves I've ever liked. Fix a few things and you can be perfect again. And that's more than can be said for most races.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:50 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: Vaximillian#2212

In-game Quel'Thalas needs updating damn badly.
As do both of draenei islands as well.

IMO, it was one of the worst mistakes to leave BC additions to Azeroth in their own pocket dimension. There's no more reasons to divide BC zones from their "classic" fellows.

Actually, I hoped on 6.0 to finally "fix" it... okay then, alt-Draenor it shall be.
Old 12-13-2013, 01:15 AM

The Sun King

I realized I'm not really that fond of the blood elves anymore.
Old 12-13-2013, 04:35 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaximillian View Post
In-game Quel'Thalas needs updating damn badly.
As do both of draenei islands as well.

IMO, it was one of the worst mistakes to leave BC additions to Azeroth in their own pocket dimension. There's no more reasons to divide BC zones from their "classic" fellows.

Actually, I hoped on 6.0 to finally "fix" it... okay then, alt-Draenor it shall be.
Yeah this has been one of my biggest bugbears with the world post-Cata.

It's beyond silly that Belf and Draenei starting quests are still set in fucking TBC era. Technically they're the oldest and most outdated zones in-game. I can understand not doing anything with Outland, it's an expansions worth of content, fine, leave it be, maybe slap a Bronze Dragon Helper "buff" or something on us when we're there, but whatever. 2 current in-game races being left to rot, so to speak, is an appaling decision.

They can't even use the arguement of "TBC is a seperate version of the game" anymore because, at this stage, I think WRATH is the base version of the game, hell it might even be Cata by this point?

The loading screens/subzones being seperate from "Main" Azeroth isn't relevant anymore and they should fix this.
Old 12-13-2013, 04:38 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerbrew View Post
Yeah this has been one of my biggest bugbears with the world post-Cata.

It's beyond silly that Belf and Draenei starting quests are still set in fucking TBC era. Technically they're the oldest and most outdated zones in-game. I can understand not doing anything with Outland, it's an expansions worth of content, fine, leave it be, maybe slap a Bronze Dragon Helper "buff" or something on us when we're there, but whatever. 2 current in-game races being left to rot, so to speak, is an appaling decision.

They can't even use the arguement of "TBC is a seperate version of the game" anymore because, at this stage, I think WRATH is the base version of the game, hell it might even be Cata by this point?

The loading screens/subzones being seperate from "Main" Azeroth isn't relevant anymore and they should fix this.
Even a few minor updates would be nice, rebuild, amending the questing a tiny bit. Change the Wretched and run away things to alliance thieves and/or high elves. just something, anything, would be amazing.

Exodar, well, I get lost in that place. I have spent -hours- trying to find the exit... So yeah, not the best to say anything on that one.

Tags
appreciation t. revenge, blood, blood elf death animation, c-c-c-combo breaker, fanwank