Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

View Poll Results: How should humanity expand?
Restore old nations 8 24.24%
Create new nations 5 15.15%
Both 17 51.52%
Neither 3 9.09%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-13-2013, 10:30 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post

I still don't know how to embed YouTube on SoL
Only the cove after v= has to be between the tags.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:33 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Only the cove after v= has to be between the tags.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:48 AM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
So Lordaeron is led by a paladin who is Lord Protector.

Stromgarde is led by a general called the Leader.

Kul Tiras is headed by a prominent merchant who becomes Director.

And naturally, Stormwind will fall under the violent grip of the Stonemasons' Commune before transforming into a fully-fledged Peasants' Republic.

Gilneas will become a constitutional monarchy/representative democracy that feels like a wolf pack.

. . .

(Just for fun let's say Jaina inherits her father's title somehow while still leading Dalaran, so that the magocratic state is ruled by an Admiral. At which point it should be landlocked.)
While I wouldn't necessarily use those titles, those historical references are great material to draw from for making internal challenges for humanity.

I could see also see, as Hammerbrew puts it, these non-monarch rulers teaming together in Arathi. Goes back to my my idea for the Alliance of Arathor:

http://www.scrollsoflore.com/forums/...80#post1018980.

These nations probably can't muster what they need to succeed separately, but I could see them doing it together.

That said, they also need the Dreadlords infiltrating the Human Expansion effort to provide something interesting.
Old 12-13-2013, 03:38 PM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

I voted both. The creation of a northern human kingdom to be a kind of counter weight to Stormwind's southern kingdom would be absolutely brilliant in my eyes. In a sense it would be the revival of Arathor so it's both a new kingdom born from several old kingdoms and the revival of an old one.
You can always counter it with having a second orcish/other nation somewhere relevant. The point of this is to open up options for broader story telling in future itterations of Warcraft.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 12-16-2013, 04:02 PM

Keeper of the Grove
BattleTag: MelosEgo#1512

I would like to see restoration and creation(If reasonable).

I would love to see a restoration of Stromgarde during WoW's lifetime which I see probable in the near future.

Although creating new kingdoms sounds interesting. Like a kingdom made from the Argent held lands in Lordaeron(Although that would be more of a multiracial kingdom, still interesting though nonetheless)

But what if some more "Adventurous" Humans were to somehow carve out an independent realm in Northrend per se. Around Howling Fjord and Grizzly Hills zones with a Scandinavian like theme akin to Sweden or Norway. It could be a Warrior esque nation that draw from their ancestors native to the region. Maybe strike up an alliance with the local Furbolg or draw or a Forced Vassalization of their Vrykul ancestors into the Alliance maybe. Hmmm.

Last edited by Melorandor; 12-16-2013 at 04:07 PM.. Reason: Spelling ect
Old 12-16-2013, 04:15 PM

Sentinel Queen

I'd like to see some troll factions first, then Orc Clans, and then Human nations.
Old 12-17-2013, 03:56 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgeAxe View Post
I'd like to see some troll factions first, then Orc Clans, and then Human nations.
Trolls: LOLZANDALAREMPIRETHATTHENGETSTURNEDINTOBADGUYSTOKI LLOVERANDOVER; thanks Blizzard.
Orcs: Clans, while not technically gone, have all-but been dropped under the Horde structure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melorandor View Post
But what if some more "Adventurous" Humans were to somehow carve out an independent realm in Northrend per se. Around Howling Fjord and Grizzly Hills zones with a Scandinavian like theme akin to Sweden or Norway. It could be a Warrior esque nation that draw from their ancestors native to the region. Maybe strike up an alliance with the local Furbolg or draw or a Forced Vassalization of their Vrykul ancestors into the Alliance maybe. Hmmm.
I really like your thinking (who doesn't love Vikings/Norsemen?) but sadly, because I can't see Northrend getting any updates in that manner (ever) that's even more of a pipe-dream than most of this thread.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:39 AM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerbrew View Post
Trolls: LOLZANDALAREMPIRETHATTHENGETSTURNEDINTOBADGUYSTOKI LLOVERANDOVER; thanks Blizzard.
Orcs: Clans, while not technically gone, have all-but been dropped under the Horde structure.

I really like your thinking (who doesn't love Vikings/Norsemen?) but sadly, because I can't see Northrend getting any updates in that manner (ever) that's even more of a pipe-dream than most of this thread.
Then have Stromgarde be trying to reconnect with their Vrykul roots. It would make them more distinct compared to Stormwind.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 12-17-2013, 04:47 AM

Guru of Gilneas

New Sample Human Kingdoms

WINTERGARDE (Dragonblight)
Following the defeat of the Lich King, the hardy humans of Wintergarde have sought to reestablish their settlements in the cold lands of the Dragonblight.
Settlements: Wintergarde Keep, Wintergarde Town, New Hearthglen, Memorial Harbor

ASHFORD (Burning Steppes)
This multiracial kingdom of stalwart warrior people was founded by the intrepid Morgan Ashford who sought to reclaim her ancestral lands from the evil Dark Horde and dark iron dwarves. This desolate land belongs not to the weak, but to those with the strength to claim it.
Settlements: New Ashford, Vigil's Stand, Chiselgrip

ATALIA (Swamp of Sorrows)
The adventurous humans of the Swamp of Sorrows were once looked down upon by the Kingdom of Stormwind for their lack of urbanity. But the Marshtide people were the first to resist the orcish Horde when it crossed the Dark Portal. Marshtiders are devoted to maintaining their peculiar swampland lifestyle. They hope to restore the Blasted Lands to the proper Black Morass, and they believe the secret to that success lies in the Emerald Dream.
Settlements: Marshtide City, the Harborage, Blueheart Village
Old 12-17-2013, 04:53 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
ASHFORD (Burning Steppes)
This multiracial kingdom of stalwart warrior people was founded by the intrepid Morgan Ashford who sought to reclaim her ancestral lands from the evil Dark Horde and dark iron dwarves. This desolate land belongs not to the weak, but to those with the strength to claim it.
Settlements: New Ashford, Vigil's Stand, Chiselgrip
I'm curious (sincerely) why any other races than Human would join Morgan's "Kingdom" (let's agree to disagree on it getting that far/being approved, as we've established in the other thread, we don't necessarily agree on this point.

I mean, Theramore was, somewhat, a Multiracial city - though still the majority were Human - but that made sense given the location and context of it's founding.

I can't see any reason Dwarfs or Gnomes would wish to live under a random Human's rule. (We don't even know if Morgan is human for sure, that was a clever little hook you and someone else discussed in that other thread BUT I digress!) Worgen, possibly, seeing as Gilneas is no longer a Kingdom in it's own right. Night Elves and Dreanei massively unlikely.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:10 AM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerbrew View Post
I'm curious (sincerely) why any other races than Human would join Morgan's "Kingdom" (let's agree to disagree on it getting that far/being approved, as we've established in the other thread, we don't necessarily agree on this point.

I mean, Theramore was, somewhat, a Multiracial city - though still the majority were Human - but that made sense given the location and context of it's founding.
Stormwind and Theramore were both kingdoms with significant dwarven populations. As you say, the context of their founding matters. Right now, Oralius, Prospector Seymour, and Mountaineer Orfus are all serving under Morgan's Militia, as well as the gnome Jalinda Sprig. That's half the known militia right there.

Quote:
I can't see any reason Dwarfs or Gnomes would wish to live under a random Human's rule. (We don't even know if Morgan is human for sure, that was a clever little hook you and someone else discussed in that other thread BUT I digress!) Worgen, possibly, seeing as Gilneas is no longer a Kingdom in it's own right. Night Elves and Dreanei massively unlikely.
Maybe because that random human was responsible clearing Blackrock Depths. I only have dwarves (dark iron and mountain alike) and possibly gnomes in mind for the primary other Alliance forces who would settle the area in this kingdom.

Tags
alteraise & tirassian, fanwank, horde butthurt, human bias, lordaeronian & dalaranese, stromgarde, stromgarder & stormwindic