Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 10-29-2012, 07:24 AM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashendant View Post
Okay... i gave the wrong context, so the question now is this.

Do blues post there besides Announcements and Nyorloth?(i have yet to find one)
Most of Blizzard's employees do not have clearance to post on the forums. Nyorloth was a special exception.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:55 AM

Elune

Quote:
Story forums is arguing why there arent any female klaaxi paragons... my brain, its bleeding through my nose
Ugh.... God damn feminists again?
Old 10-29-2012, 09:06 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

I enjoy the dailies but they take waaay to long to progress and which is why they get dull fast.. Instead of progressing every time we get to a specific reputation they should progress every few days like what the dailies in 5.1 do well from what i have seen.

We do dailies for 1 day and we get a story quest chain from it and then we get another story quest chain on the 3rd day and so on. It is certainly better than only getting a brand new daily hub each time i finally get honored or revered etc.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:26 AM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sa'danak View Post
I assure you that Pandaria is far more interesting then this dump.
Don't you have ants that sit in trees and jump on people?
Old 10-29-2012, 09:32 AM

Site Staff - News
BattleTag: Greyhame#1747

I'll be honest in that I still have not touched the Mantid dailies. The only one I do every day at the moment is the Order of the Cloud Serpent. Other than weekends, I tend switch between the Tillers and the Golden Lotus.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:47 AM

Sha of Disappointment

I can't understand why people have a problem with the new Rep-system. Yeah, getting all the factions up is time-confusing, but the importat part here is "getting them up". Besides the occasional epic at exalted they hardly offer anything besides mounts and tabards which means that everyone who only cares for gear can promptly cut the Anglers, the Lorewalkers, the Tillers and the Order of the Cloud Serpernts. The rest of them can be maxed to respectful rather quick, with Golden Lotus and Klaxxi being by far the longest (with the Klaxxi not even bothering to offer anything for the gearhounds; I, on the other side, am very glad to have to new Scorpion and the awesome Twohander. That could do with a ilvl upgrade though). I had to spend my nights doing dailies for the better part of the time since launch but i chose to because i want every faction on exalted for their precious mounts (fuck Expeditionyak though). And i live in the happy knowledge that, once i'm through with it, i'm never gonna do more dailies than to get the recipes i need on twinks. Which reminds me that i'm gonna have to do my dailies for today; i was a good boy so i only have to do August Celestials and Shado-Pan
Old 10-29-2012, 11:27 AM

Elune

I'm not doing dailies. Only thing I want is the Shado-pan mount and that's not incentive enough for me to grind Golden Lotus for weeks just so I can start grinding Shado-pan for weeks.

Inevitably, the grind will be nerfed. It could be next expansion, but eventually it will happen. Then I'll get my tiger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
Don't you have ants that sit in trees and jump on people?
They also apparently have trees that explode out of goddamn nowhere.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ryingToKillYou there's an entire section here devoted to Australia alone

It's one thing to have problems and voice your concerns, but when you endlessly bitch day in and day out about the same tired old shit, it honestly makes me wonder why you are even here. Generally when somebody doesn't like something, they stop caring about it.

And on that note, SoL is a forum I no longer enjoy. So, I'm done here. And I genuinely think the people who have absolutely nothing at all positive to say about the game and, the people whose posts are composed entirely of whining, really consider leaving (or at least sticking to non-WoW sections). Because if you truly get no enjoyment out of WoW, then why are you here?

With that said, goodbye.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:41 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
Okay... i gave the wrong context, so the question now is this.

Do blues post there besides Announcements and Nyorloth?(i have yet to find one)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/search?f...ime&a=Nyorloth

Most important is:

The souls of the undead (Forsaken, PC death knights, ghouls, etc.) are imperfectly attached to their bodies; the dark magic that sustains them is a buffer that prevents their souls from properly joining with their bodies. This is why undead feel only faint sensations of pain or discomfort from most physical stimuli, and why the Light is so painful to their existence. The primary exception to this rule are liches, as liches bind their souls to a phylactery and then use the phylactery to generate a physical form; this process is why lich bodies look nothing like their mortal bodies, and also why you have to destroy a lichs phylactery to truly kill them.

EDIT: oh and

For those that called for the revelation of my own favored pairing, I am most intrigued by the relationship between CThun, Yogg-Saron, and NZoth. Their glory was also the root of their momentary defeat; that the Pantheon, united, only barely triumphed over my eldritch masters, divided, speaks to their power and incomprehensible existence.

and

They do not die; they do not live. They are outside the cycle.

Perhaps to actually destroy something that lives outside of time and space, life and death, you would have to erase it from existence completely? Maybe that would explain why records of the Old Gods seem to be inconsistent? Only those on the outside would know for certain
Blizzard Employees need special permission to post anywhere publicly. They may post in places incognito but, well, the whole point is for you to never know who they are for their own safety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garotar View Post
I honestly prefer the daily format over having to run dungeons for rep. I can do maybe two in a day before I'm tired of that. That is if I run them at all. So some sort of hybrid would probably be best.

Also helps I ignore ones I don't feel like doing since I have no great need to get anything from the factions other than some exalted vanity items.
They should have just gone with both options being there. We went from multiple options in the last 2 expansions to only 1 option. Valor/JP gains as well should be put back at Cata levels as I shouldn't have to run 15 heroics to cap on a single character (that's if I do no dailies and I shouldn't be forced to do dailies and other things). Every single change really is a very obvious 'drag shit out to prolong content so they don't cancel.'

Last edited by Leviathon; 10-29-2012 at 11:44 AM..
Old 10-29-2012, 05:30 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotal View Post
And i live in the happy knowledge that, once i'm through with it, i'm never gonna do more dailies than to get the recipes i need on twinks.
And then 5.1 comes along, enslaving you once again with a new rep grind in Krasarang. Seriously, this is never gonna stop.
Hammerbrew commenting on Anders Behring Breivik's killing spree - 2017
Old 10-29-2012, 05:41 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ashendant#2130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
Blizzard Employees need special permission to post anywhere publicly. They may post in places incognito but, well, the whole point is for you to never know who they are for their own safety.
I keep seeing blues posting on the general forums and others... mostly just general.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:44 PM

Elune

Quote:
I keep seeing blues posting on the general forums and others... mostly just general.
Community Managers aren't developers. Their entire job is to manage the website and forums. To the best of my knowledge the only time you'll see devs posting is in betas, Ghostcrawler was pretty active a couple months ago.

It's one thing to have problems and voice your concerns, but when you endlessly bitch day in and day out about the same tired old shit, it honestly makes me wonder why you are even here. Generally when somebody doesn't like something, they stop caring about it.

And on that note, SoL is a forum I no longer enjoy. So, I'm done here. And I genuinely think the people who have absolutely nothing at all positive to say about the game and, the people whose posts are composed entirely of whining, really consider leaving (or at least sticking to non-WoW sections). Because if you truly get no enjoyment out of WoW, then why are you here?

With that said, goodbye.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:50 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

I know one thing that's seriously irritating me is that I can't Q for a battleground while flying, nor can I enter one if I fly while Q'd up.

I could swear it has never done this before until Pandaria. Makes it so frustrating because I like to do other things at my leisure while waiting for my Q.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:58 PM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey1980 View Post
And then 5.1 comes along, enslaving you once again with a new rep grind in Krasarang. Seriously, this is never gonna stop.
I'm cool with it as long as i get a sweet, sweet mount out of it (for which i'll have to do that twice tops, and that's only if i give enough of a crap to level my alliance hunter to 90. Which, atm, i don't).
Also it's gonna be ONE daily quest-hub, not about half-a-dozen like when i first hit 90. Seriously - why are people complaining that they have stuff to do? Especially since it doesn't take terribly long to get the faction high up? Sure, the August Celestials / Shado-Pan requiring Golden Lotus is kind of a stupid system, but if you're too lazy to do them... your choice. It's not like you NEED the gear there and the mounts are purely optional.
Only thing i don't like about the 5.1 dailies so far is the fact that they involve that idiotic faction war
Old 10-29-2012, 08:04 PM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
I know one thing that's seriously irritating me is that I can't Q for a battleground while flying, nor can I enter one if I fly while Q'd up.

I could swear it has never done this before until Pandaria. Makes it so frustrating because I like to do other things at my leisure while waiting for my Q.
I'm guessing this is another foul gift of CRZ...
Old 10-29-2012, 10:16 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

I now feel better about myself and my whole 10 chars after watching this guy multibox 40 chars.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:22 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: Crazyterran#1213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reignac View Post
Congratulations, Crazyterran. You dailied the most dailies of anyone on your server.

I've never gotten a realm first myself, but my guild master got Realm First Archaeology and then spent the next few minutes in guild chat complaining about all the whispers.
Dailied and Scritch'd. Dailied and Scritch'd

Oh well, it's a FoS, and I had not got a realm first before.

Now i dont know what to do. More dailies? I mean, i have 11 stacks of these coins...

EDIT: I blame Omacron for all this wasted bagspace.
So many deluded people think their rotting Waifuchief cares for them and their faction, when every scrap of internalized narrative has made it clear for years that to Sylvanas, the entirety of the Horde - including her own people - is nothing more than a shitton of bodies to stack between herself and her final death.

And all it takes is a tactically calculated "for the Horde" rallying the troops to make them all think "OMG she really does care!"
Old 10-30-2012, 08:09 AM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post

I now feel better about myself and my whole 10 chars after watching this guy multibox 40 chars.
The multiboxing is getting crazy these days. Last AV weekend, there was a 10-box hunter Horde side.

He was generally pretty terrible, but, God help you if he had you targeted with all 10.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:53 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyterran View Post
I mean, i have 11 stacks of these coins...
Looks like they're thankfully making them a currency.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:28 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ashendant#2130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reignac View Post
Community Managers aren't developers. Their entire job is to manage the website and forums. To the best of my knowledge the only time you'll see devs posting is in betas, Ghostcrawler was pretty active a couple months ago.
I didn't say developers... i said Blues.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:53 PM
BattleTag: CptCarrot #1688

Heart of Fear is like if AQ and Bastion of Twilight had a child.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:55 PM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
Heart of Fear is like if AQ and Bastion of Twilight had a child.
I heard AQ was good and Bastion was bad, what does this -mean-?
Old 10-30-2012, 02:59 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Malice#2774

The Temple of Ahn'qiraj gave me nightmares.

Ugh @ Princess Huhuhuhohohohohoahahahahahahran progress fights, and mandatory weeks of farming NR gear.
Elves are marvellous. They cause marvels.
Elves are fantastic. They create fantasies.
Elves are glamorous. They project glamour.
Elves are enchanting. They weave enchantment.
Elves are terrific. They beget terror.

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

No one ever said elves are nice.
Elves are bad.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:08 PM
BattleTag: CptCarrot #1688

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
I heard AQ was good and Bastion was bad, what does this -mean-?
I rather liked BoT, aesthetically. It was one of the better raids in Cata, but then I'm a sucker for purples and oranges. They both have very imposing architectures, that's where I made the likeness. They have a strong "dark citadel" vibe.

(first one is BoT, second is HoF)

There's also Klaxxi impaled on spears at the entrance, writhing in pain. This raid is 100% awesome >.>

Last edited by Porimlys; 10-30-2012 at 03:19 PM..
Old 10-30-2012, 03:18 PM

Sha of Disappointment

Speaking on behalf of the colorly impared i can only say i love me a good color-balance.

Both of these screenshots suck in this regard. Then again, so did ICC, and that one is by far my favorite raid.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:24 PM

The Digger

I didn't especially enjoy BoT's looks, but maybe I'm just inclined to judge it poorly because I was running it with one of the most unpleasant guilds I've ever been in. Don't really think much of BwD either, so it's prolly the latter.

Tags
chen stormstout, mists of pandaria, panda power, world of warcraft