Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 01-03-2015, 10:40 AM

World Builder

Runes A Kalimdor Counterpart to the Sylvanas Solution

I believe it was suggested in the other thread that with the Alliance taking Arathi, Hinterlands and Gilneas back, that some areas in Kalimdor could be taken by the Horde.

One thought I saw was for the Zandalar to land in Dustwallow and do some work with Theramoore's ruins, though personally I'm wary of doing too much with Theramoore.

Another thought I had was for the Horde to solidify its hold on Southern Kalimdor, taking some areas like the Southern Barrens, maybe Thousand Needles as well.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 01-03-2015, 10:52 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
I believe it was suggested in the other thread that with the Alliance taking Arathi, Hinterlands and Gilneas back, that some areas in Kalimdor could be taken by the Horde.

One thought I saw was for the Zandalar to land in Dustwallow and do some work with Theramoore's ruins, though personally I'm wary of doing too much with Theramoore.

Another thought I had was for the Horde to solidify its hold on Southern Kalimdor, taking some areas like the Southern Barrens, maybe Thousand Needles as well.
With Theramore gone, there's no reason for the Alliance to hang around. I'd have the Horde Ogres there upgrade their settlements. Have the Blood Elves set up near Theramore ruins to study the rift battling Ethereals who have also become drawn to the rift.

Since Alliance reclaiming Stromgarde is basically an attack on third party groups (Syndicate, Ogres), the Horde storyline should also involve a third party, Magatha.

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, FruitLab, or Brighteon.
Old 01-03-2015, 10:55 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

I would not mind if Felwood was more Alliance-controlled. It's the one place where the Gilneans can manage to build a proper community in and further assist the Druids with culling the satyr presence.
Old 01-03-2015, 10:58 AM

Elune

The problem with the Horde going anywhere near Theramore is that you're rubbing salt into the wound and ye olde problem of "Well, the Horde actually gained from the war" Dustwallow MARSH is less problematic since it was always more of a neutral... well, marsh of nothing that wasn't very pleasant anyway. They could always just save it until we get playable Ogres.

Let Theramore stay as a 'radioactive' ruin.

Thousand Needles is an option, specifically for the Tauren. There's already plenty of existing Grimtotem camps anyway. Feralas I think is large enough to warrant some Horde activity in it without spiteing the Night Elves.
Old 01-03-2015, 11:00 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ujimasa Hojo View Post
With Theramore gone, there's no reason for the Alliance to hang around. I'd have the Horde Ogres there upgrade their settlements. Have the Blood Elves set up near Theramore ruins to study the rift battling Ethereals who have also become drawn to the rift.

Since Alliance reclaiming Stromgarde is basically an attack on third party groups (Syndicate, Ogres), the Horde storyline should also involve a third party, Magatha.
So what're you thinking, Magatha hiring some ethereals to help her charge up the Doomstone using Theramoore's ruins?

Could be cool, and we could have the few remaining 'good' grimtotem that abandoned her way back in the Shattering novel settle Dustwallow along with the Ogres to fight her.

Stormsong is probably one of the only Tauren I can respect at this point because he was historically opposed to Cairne's policies which I can only assume means he's more aggressive than most Tauren.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 01-03-2015, 11:01 AM

Elune

Sorry did not read OP properly.

What about more Horde presence in Feralas? Isn't there something about that place that the Tauren value?
Old 01-03-2015, 11:06 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
Sorry did not read OP properly.

What about more Horde presence in Feralas? Isn't there something about that place that the Tauren value?
Nothing in particular in Feralas, just Highborne ruins and Nelf stuff.

It's a really hardcore nelf area honestly.

I think the Nelfs ought to take Desolace and Feralas, upper half of stonetalon.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 01-03-2015, 11:12 AM

Elune

Now that I think about it Stonetalon sounds viable. A lot of the Night Elf Druidic presence has been decimated, like the upper part being destroyed by Old God minions and Kromgar bombing that druid grove. I can see it being a good spot for Horde shaman to reside in and commune to try to restore some of it as a show of goodwill to fellow Kalimdor races.

The quests dealing with Horde actually caring about the wildlife and fighting the Venture Co. was what I liked about Stonetalon.
Old 01-03-2015, 11:14 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
Now that I think about it Stonetalon sounds viable. A lot of the Night Elf Druidic presence has been decimated, like the upper part being destroyed by Old God minions and Kromgar bombing that druid grove. I can see it being a good spot for Horde shaman to reside in and commune to try to restore some of it as a show of goodwill to fellow Kalimdor races.

The quests dealing with Horde actually caring about the wildlife and fighting the Venture Co. was what I liked about Stonetalon.
It was where they freed the Wyverns (manticore) from Harpies too.

I actually figure the Horde taking the lower half of the mountain and Alliance holding the upper half.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 01-03-2015, 01:20 PM

The Sun King

Ogre

There is little room for compromise in this situation. Night elves are the ancient vestigial empire with claims far greater than its own strengths, while the orcs are the conquerors of the "New World". Whoever wishes to take over the contested borderland territories will have to pay the iron price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
Thousand Needles is an option, specifically for the Tauren. There's already plenty of existing Grimtotem camps anyway.
As if Thousand Needles wasn't de-facto Horde anyway.

That's like talking about "the contested territory of Duskwood".

Quote:
Feralas I think is large enough to warrant some Horde activity in it without spiteing the Night Elves.
Joke's on you, the night elves are already there and are armed and ready to be as spiteful as possible. They are the rightful rulers of Westeros Kalimdor!
Old 01-03-2015, 01:38 PM

Elune

Shadow Orb

I would appreciate the Horde tracking down Magatha in Thousand Needles and taking the zone, as an equivalent to the Alliance taking down Sylvanas in Arathi.

The Gnomblin ship can just go sail for the South Seas.
Old 01-03-2015, 01:46 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickster View Post
I would appreciate the Horde tracking down Magatha in Thousand Needles and taking the zone, as an equivalent to the Alliance taking down Sylvanas in Arathi.

The Gnomblin ship can just go sail for the South Seas.
That would work fairly well, though I suspect Magatha would be in Dustwallow not lingering in Thousand Needles.

I also think her betrayal of her own clan would drive the remnants to Jevan's leadership.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 01-03-2015, 01:54 PM

Elune

Shadow Orb

Quote:
That would work fairly well, though I suspect Magatha would be in Dustwallow not lingering in Thousand Needles.

I also think her betrayal of her own clan would drive the remnants to Jevan's leadership.
Dustwallow would also work. The only problem with Dustwallow is that the Horde shouldn't be there because they destroyed Theramore, it should be there because it is compelled to be there. Magatha would make that work.
Old 01-03-2015, 02:02 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Dustwallow would also work. The only problem with Dustwallow is that the Horde shouldn't be there because they destroyed Theramore, it should be there because it is compelled to be there. Magatha would make that work.
Yeah between the Stonemaul Ogres and the existing Grimtotem settlements I can see the Horde settling in nicely.

Magatha going there trying to charge the Doomstone with Theramoore's energy or leftover energy from Onyxia's lair, perhaps Dustwallow has some connection to that one tauren attempt to raise a separate landmass using shamanism that failed, would also allow the artifacts she has to be brought in.

Is Alcaz Island used for anything currently?

My Worldbuilding:
Old 01-03-2015, 05:32 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
The problem with the Horde going anywhere near Theramore is that you're rubbing salt into the wound and ye olde problem of "Well, the Horde actually gained from the war" Dustwallow MARSH is less problematic since it was always more of a neutral... well, marsh of nothing that wasn't very pleasant anyway. They could always just save it until we get playable Ogres.

Let Theramore stay as a 'radioactive' ruin.

Thousand Needles is an option, specifically for the Tauren. There's already plenty of existing Grimtotem camps anyway. Feralas I think is large enough to warrant some Horde activity in it without spiteing the Night Elves.
My first thought on reading that was Tauren version of Waterworld, with the Grimtotem as the Smokers and the other Tauren acting as the atolls (but better defended). You could have quests where there are boat chases/battles from the different tribes as they try to move back and forth between their bases and the goblin/gnome barge. A Grimtotem take over of the Bloodsail fort and turning that into one of their main outposts.
Old 01-03-2015, 05:34 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kynrind View Post
My first thought on reading that was Tauren version of Waterworld, with the Grimtotem as the Smokers and the other Tauren acting as the atolls (but better defended). You could have quests where there are boat chases/battles from the different tribes as they try to move back and forth between their bases and the goblin/gnome barge. A Grimtotem take over of the Bloodsail fort and turning that into one of their main outposts.
I dont think you're on the same page, Magatha betrayed the grimtotem, they're no longer compelling antagonists

My Worldbuilding:
Old 01-04-2015, 11:42 AM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Quote:
Minor quibble, but the the Alliance could never retake the Hinterlands, given that they've never belonged to them. The Dwarves are relative newcomers, and even then, only in the western portion of the area. They could certainly take more of it, by driving out its inhabitants, but as they've never lost any territory in the Hinterlands, they wouldn't be retaking anything.

But I digress.

On the issue of strengthening the Horde's presence in Kalimdor, does anyone remember the old idea of having the Horde set up shop in Un'goro (ie. the Un'Gororgrimmar plan)? A scenario or two to get the volcano under control, drive out the Silithid, get some dino ranching up and running, put the Goblins to work on the tar pits, etc.

You could have one heck of a city going there.
Old 01-04-2015, 11:49 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellick View Post
Minor quibble, but the the Alliance could never retake the Hinterlands, given that they've never belonged to them. The Dwarves are relative newcomers, and even then, only in the western portion of the area. They could certainly take more of it, by driving out its inhabitants, but as they've never lost any territory in the Hinterlands, they wouldn't be retaking anything.
All land is Dwarf land.
Old 01-04-2015, 12:02 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellick View Post

But I digress.

On the issue of strengthening the Horde's presence in Kalimdor, does anyone remember the old idea of having the Horde set up shop in Un'goro (ie. the Un'Gororgrimmar plan)? A scenario or two to get the volcano under control, drive out the Silithid, get some dino ranching up and running, put the Goblins to work on the tar pits, etc.

True, poor wording on my part.

Also Un'Gorogrimmar is a sweet plan my only concern is that it's relatively isolated from the rest of the Horde's lands, Thousand Needles is pretty solidly Horde but Tanaris is just big empty and hard to realistically traverse.

Perhaps that could be remedied by putting zeppelin towers either up in the mountains of Un'goro or building them around the volcano.

As for the silithid i -still- suggest controlling them through alchemy now that C'thun is "dead".

My Worldbuilding:
Old 01-04-2015, 12:06 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
I dont think you're on the same page, Magatha betrayed the grimtotem, they're no longer compelling antagonists
They could do it with or without her. Just have some mad goblin scientists making them their ships and speedboats. With her they might be able to have some super weapons to help establish their dominance, without her, pretty much the same, but more of a local problem than a world threatening one.

Quote:

That would have solved so many problems. Of course giving the orcs (and goblins!) access to Titan tech like that isn't necessarily a smart thing to do, but I think the orcs and trolls could definitely have made living in Un'goro work for them. There's plenty of wood and game, silithids to fight in Un'goro and Silithus and Tanaris, plus they are situated reasonably,several hundred miles, but a railroad could solve that, from the ocean and have Gadgetzan as a possible seaport ally at least. Plus Un'goro and Silithus and Tanaris are loaded with plenty of dangerous creatures that young warriors can test their mettle out on without drawing the ire of the Alliance.

Quote:
Getting the western half of the Hinterlands solidly in Alliance hands would, with the Arathi Highlands, give the Alliance unfettered access to the Plaguelands that doesn't infringe upon Horde or forsaken lands. If I remember right, the Hinterland trail drops out just south/southeast of the Caer Darrow island bridge, so that's sufficiently far from the forsaken it shouldn't bother them (hah, who am I kidding?), but allows the Alliance to access the Plaguelands and the Argents.
Old 01-04-2015, 04:57 PM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kynrind View Post
That would have solved so many problems. Of course giving the orcs (and goblins!) access to Titan tech like that isn't necessarily a smart thing to do, but I think the orcs and trolls could definitely have made living in Un'goro work for them. There's plenty of wood and game, silithids to fight in Un'goro and Silithus and Tanaris, plus they are situated reasonably,several hundred miles, but a railroad could solve that, from the ocean and have Gadgetzan as a possible seaport ally at least. Plus Un'goro and Silithus and Tanaris are loaded with plenty of dangerous creatures that young warriors can test their mettle out on without drawing the ire of the Alliance.
It has the added benefit of being the only remaining chunk of land on the entire continent which A: has trees and B: hasn't had the Night Elves trigger a bitch fit over someone looking at it funny.
Old 01-04-2015, 05:29 PM

Elune

Feralas.
Old 01-04-2015, 05:32 PM

Elune

Shadow Orb

I don't see with the Horde should get Night Elves lands (Feralas) in exchange for Alliance getting back Alliance lands. The Horde should get back a zone that pretty much always should have been theirs and that is Thousand Needles.
Old 01-04-2015, 05:36 PM

World Builder

Quote:
I don't see with the Horde should get Night Elves lands (Feralas) in exchange for Alliance getting back Alliance lands. The Horde should get back a zone that pretty much always should have been theirs and that is Thousand Needles.
Thousand Needles, Southern Barrens, Dustwallow in exchange for Arathi, Gilneas, Hinterlands

My Worldbuilding:
Old 01-04-2015, 05:39 PM

Elune

Shadow Orb

Quote:
Thousand Needles, Southern Barrens, Dustwallow in exchange for Arathi, Gilneas, Hinterlands
Now that's much better. Except the fact that Gilneas already is Alliance. Replace it by Hillsbrad.

Tags
faction bias, kalimdor