Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 03-26-2012, 09:56 PM
Ruinshin Ruinshin is offline

Elune
Ruinshin's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 21,144

Default

It shall be fantastic.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 03-27-2012, 02:28 AM
Magistrix Verdande Magistrix Verdande is offline

Elune
Magistrix Verdande's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Xerrath
Posts: 11,081
BattleTag: Malice#2774

Default

I'm with Oma here (well, no, since I'd never touch one of the fiends); if the game doesn't come with playable Tremere or Setites, I'm not going to be very interested. Its not something I'd be willing to wait an expansion for. <_<
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Pratchett
Elves are wonderful. They provoke wonder.
Elves are marvellous. They cause marvels.
Elves are fantastic. They create fantasies.
Elves are glamorous. They project glamour.
Elves are enchanting. They weave enchantment.
Elves are terrific. They beget terror.

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

No one ever said elves are nice.
Elves are bad.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 06-15-2012, 11:37 AM
Sonneillon Sonneillon is offline

Lord of the
Assassin's League
Sonneillon's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Canadaland
Posts: 9,990
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Default

Bad news: WoD: Online isn't priority until Dust is released.

Good news: Dust is in Beta very shortly.

Bad news: There won't be much in the way of news because of Dust.

Good news: Recent internal Scrum Demos involve wall climbing and rooftop leaping.

Bad news: I don't have any more.

Good news: Leaked concept art.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 06-15-2012, 11:38 AM
Ruinshin Ruinshin is offline

Elune
Ruinshin's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 21,144

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
Bad news: WoD: Online isn't priority until Dust is released.

Good news: Dust is in Beta very shortly.

Bad news: There won't be much in the way of news because of Dust.

Good news: Recent internal Scrum Demos involve wall climbing and rooftop leaping.

Bad news: I don't have any more.

Good news: Leaked concept art.
Rock on.
__________________
Fucking Epic :X
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 06-15-2012, 12:11 PM
C9H20 C9H20 is offline

Elune
C9H20's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 12,187

Default

Wow, I had no idea a WoD game is coming out. And it is set in the old WoD? Fucking A!

I honestly have no idea what I would take, my order of liking the various clans is probs like Malkavian>Tzimisce>Tremere>Lasombra>Gangrel>Ventru e, but it is a very small difference between them.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 06-15-2012, 02:40 PM
Magistrix Verdande Magistrix Verdande is offline

Elune
Magistrix Verdande's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Xerrath
Posts: 11,081
BattleTag: Malice#2774

Default

I've been waiting for YEARS now.

Tremere > Setites > Nagaraja > Toreador

I have to admit, though, I can't see myself playing anything without the Dominate disciple. <_<
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Pratchett
Elves are wonderful. They provoke wonder.
Elves are marvellous. They cause marvels.
Elves are fantastic. They create fantasies.
Elves are glamorous. They project glamour.
Elves are enchanting. They weave enchantment.
Elves are terrific. They beget terror.

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

No one ever said elves are nice.
Elves are bad.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 06-15-2012, 05:00 PM
DreamingGod DreamingGod is offline

Keeper of the Grove
DreamingGod's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 615

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magistrix Verdande View Post
I've been waiting for YEARS now.

Tremere > Setites > Nagaraja > Toreador

I have to admit, though, I can't see myself playing anything without the Dominate disciple. <_<
Tremere or Tzimisce for me. If I can play Salubri, I'd jump all over that shit.
__________________
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
"In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits Dreaming"

"Icrecrown: I hear the natives can be real liches..."
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 06-15-2012, 07:35 PM
Leviathon Leviathon is offline

Elune
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 21,434
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Default

Isn't WoD that vampires vs Werewolf RPG? Course it'll probably just be vampires as playable which would be boring.

Last edited by Leviathon; 06-15-2012 at 07:37 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 06-15-2012, 08:43 PM
Omacron Omacron is offline


Omacron's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 34,378
BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
Isn't WoD that vampires vs Werewolf RPG? Course it'll probably just be vampires as playable which would be boring.
Vampire vs. Werewolf vs. Offensive Gypsy Stereotype, to be precise.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 06-15-2012, 09:35 PM
DreamingGod DreamingGod is offline

Keeper of the Grove
DreamingGod's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 615

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
Isn't WoD that vampires vs Werewolf RPG? Course it'll probably just be vampires as playable which would be boring.
Not quite. Werewolves dislike vampires because they're corrupting to the spiritual world.

The world of darkness includes a TON of supernatural creatures, some not so easy to categorize. From what I know from over at the guys at White wolf is taht the setting will take MAINLY inspiration from cWoD (VtM, WtA, MtAs, ect...) but it will not BE them. So I fully expect to see soem of the more nuanced nWoD concepts in WoDO.

Too be honest, if they add Mummies (or Changelings for that matter) I hope they add the NWoD version.

http://whitewolfblogs.com/mummy/

Look at it. It's everything I've ever wanted! O:
__________________
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
"In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits Dreaming"

"Icrecrown: I hear the natives can be real liches..."

Last edited by DreamingGod; 06-15-2012 at 09:46 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 06-16-2012, 01:56 AM
Lord Grimtale Lord Grimtale is offline

Elune
Lord Grimtale's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Slaughtered Lamb
Posts: 22,046
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
Isn't WoD that vampires vs Werewolf RPG? Course it'll probably just be vampires as playable which would be boring.
Maybe so but they seem to have one vampire clan with some werewolf thematics. The Gangrel seem really cool and they might end up being my most favorite clan, though I think the Tremere seem really cool too. (I like the occult and Warlocks and such.)
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 06-16-2012, 02:07 AM
Jungleluke Jungleluke is offline

Elune
Jungleluke's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 7,272

Default

Oh God, I will get nightmares of that trailer.... I hate vampires.........
Although the setting looks very cool, only a bit bloody and dark.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 06-16-2012, 08:03 AM
Magistrix Verdande Magistrix Verdande is offline

Elune
Magistrix Verdande's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Xerrath
Posts: 11,081
BattleTag: Malice#2774

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
Maybe so but they seem to have one vampire clan with some werewolf thematics. The Gangrel seem really cool and they might end up being my most favorite clan, though I think the Tremere seem really cool too. (I like the occult and Warlocks and such.)
Depending on whether or not you are a believer (Vampires in WOD have their own creation myths, pre-dating the rise of abrahamic religions, and vampires can be either religious to the Cainite-creation myth, real world religions, or atheistic, much like humans) it is said that the progenitor of the Gangrel clan, Ennoia, was a daugther of Lilith and Caine and the mother of all werewolves. It is said that she was later embraced by the second generation in the first city, and thus were born the Gangrel clan.

Gangrel are smelly dogs, though. They left the camarilla in order to roam the plains and lick their own crotches.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Pratchett
Elves are wonderful. They provoke wonder.
Elves are marvellous. They cause marvels.
Elves are fantastic. They create fantasies.
Elves are glamorous. They project glamour.
Elves are enchanting. They weave enchantment.
Elves are terrific. They beget terror.

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

No one ever said elves are nice.
Elves are bad.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 06-16-2012, 08:14 AM
DreamingGod DreamingGod is offline

Keeper of the Grove
DreamingGod's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 615

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magistrix Verdande View Post
Depending on whether or not you are a believer (Vampires in WOD have their own creation myths, pre-dating the rise of abrahamic religions, and vampires can be either religious to the Cainite-creation myth, real world religions, or atheistic, much like humans) it is said that the progenitor of the Gangrel clan, Ennoia, was a daugther of Lilith and Caine and the mother of all werewolves. It is said that she was later embraced by the second generation in the first city, and thus were born the Gangrel clan.

Gangrel are smelly dogs, though. They left the camarilla in order to roam the plains and lick their own crotches.
A vampire can BELIEVE anything you want, but when you have clear demarcation of generations, logically, there was a patient zero...

And yes, Vampires were Abrahamic before Abraham... Since, y'know, the V:tM setting assumes that the Bible is partly right. (flood, angels, creator deity, et al.)

If you ask me, I think since it's a setting reboot, they'll obscure it more. Not quite to the level that VtR is, but I'm hoping for multiple creation myths with Caine being a popular one.
__________________
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
"In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits Dreaming"

"Icrecrown: I hear the natives can be real liches..."
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 06-16-2012, 08:32 AM
Sonneillon Sonneillon is offline

Lord of the
Assassin's League
Sonneillon's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Canadaland
Posts: 9,990
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingGod View Post
A vampire can BELIEVE anything you want, but when you have clear demarcation of generations, logically, there was a patient zero...

And yes, Vampires were Abrahamic before Abraham... Since, y'know, the V:tM setting assumes that the Bible is partly right. (flood, angels, creator deity, et al.)

If you ask me, I think since it's a setting reboot, they'll obscure it more. Not quite to the level that VtR is, but I'm hoping for multiple creation myths with Caine being a popular one.
Well the setting has always had multiple creation myths. It's loaded with misinformation, particularly across settings they all have justifications for the existance of the other settings within whats established but the lore tends to be vastly different. I mean, even at the end times they had multiple end games with all manner of differences.

In vampire itself it's always been like that, while the big players are passive cainites in the camerilla, the sabbat has always been the religious extremists even there they rarely agree on the majority of the mythos they follow (much like real world religions). While denying the existance of Cain is (even though many newer gen cammys do) a fallacy to start with the origins of his power are greaty divided and not always a curse from god (although it most likely was).

Personally I loved how little solid historical information the setting has and having watched it grow led for great speculation often touching on real world events and religions all over the board.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 06-16-2012, 08:43 AM
Jungleluke Jungleluke is offline

Elune
Jungleluke's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 7,272

Default

I personally don't like it when things from the Bible are 'modified'...
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 06-16-2012, 08:45 AM
Magistrix Verdande Magistrix Verdande is offline

Elune
Magistrix Verdande's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Xerrath
Posts: 11,081
BattleTag: Malice#2774

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingGod View Post
A vampire can BELIEVE anything you want, but when you have clear demarcation of generations, logically, there was a patient zero...

And yes, Vampires were Abrahamic before Abraham... Since, y'know, the V:tM setting assumes that the Bible is partly right. (flood, angels, creator deity, et al.)

If you ask me, I think since it's a setting reboot, they'll obscure it more. Not quite to the level that VtR is, but I'm hoping for multiple creation myths with Caine being a popular one.
Never is it stated that the Book of Nod reveals only truth (I have a copy, actually ). The mythology in WoD speaks against itself on several occasions, most likely on purpose, to muddle what is truth and what is not.

There is clear difference in generations and in age, yes, but the same can be said for evolution of mankind in reality, in that we become less like our ancestors as time passes on, and for each generation.

There are several settings in the World of Darkness which would not make sense if the world was indeed created by Yahwe. There are several powerful occurances and powers in the setting that could rival Yahweh, or do not make sense if one accepts the Book of Nod to be the only truth (Grandmother, for an example).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungleluke View Post
I personally don't like it when things from the Bible are 'modified'...
The bible is in itself modified at the convention of Nivea (or however its spelled), and then once more by King James. It is merely a collection of a select few out of many books, decided by those who attended the convention at Nivea. There it was decided which of the Christian RPG books were canon, and which were not.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Pratchett
Elves are wonderful. They provoke wonder.
Elves are marvellous. They cause marvels.
Elves are fantastic. They create fantasies.
Elves are glamorous. They project glamour.
Elves are enchanting. They weave enchantment.
Elves are terrific. They beget terror.

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

No one ever said elves are nice.
Elves are bad.

Last edited by Magistrix Verdande; 06-16-2012 at 08:47 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 06-16-2012, 09:23 AM
Sonneillon Sonneillon is offline

Lord of the
Assassin's League
Sonneillon's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Canadaland
Posts: 9,990
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungleluke View Post
I personally don't like it when things from the Bible are 'modified'...
The bible would have been way the fuck better if it had vampires, werewolves, mages and wraiths. Just saying.

Pretty much existing in any time outside of the Dark Ages 'modifies' the bible, so right there your very existence in the modern world unless your amish has to go about modifying the bible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magistrix Verdande View Post
Never is it stated that the Book of Nod reveals only truth (I have a copy, actually ). The mythology in WoD speaks against itself on several occasions, most likely on purpose, to muddle what is truth and what is not.

There is clear difference in generations and in age, yes, but the same can be said for evolution of mankind in reality, in that we become less like our ancestors as time passes on, and for each generation.

There are several settings in the World of Darkness which would not make sense if the world was indeed created by Yahwe. There are several powerful occurances and powers in the setting that could rival Yahweh, or do not make sense if one accepts the Book of Nod to be the only truth (Grandmother, for an example).

The bible is in itself modified at the convention of Nivea (or however its spelled), and then once more by King James. It is merely a collection of a select few out of many books, decided by those who attended the convention at Nivea. There it was decided which of the Christian RPG books were canon, and which were not.
I loved the Book of Nod, Revelations of the Dark Mother and The Erciyes Fragments. They were great productions, Dark Mother was the best of the tree while Erciyes Fragments was most amusing, I loved all the liner notes historians of the various clans wrote in the liner notes bickering back and forth about semantics.

Last edited by Sonneillon; 06-16-2012 at 09:29 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 06-16-2012, 09:40 AM
DreamingGod DreamingGod is offline

Keeper of the Grove
DreamingGod's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 615

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
Well the setting has always had multiple creation myths. It's loaded with misinformation, particularly across settings they all have justifications for the existance of the other settings within whats established but the lore tends to be vastly different. I mean, even at the end times they had multiple end games with all manner of differences.

In vampire itself it's always been like that, while the big players are passive cainites in the camerilla, the sabbat has always been the religious extremists even there they rarely agree on the majority of the mythos they follow (much like real world religions). While denying the existance of Cain is (even though many newer gen cammys do) a fallacy to start with the origins of his power are greaty divided and not always a curse from god (although it most likely was).

Personally I loved how little solid historical information the setting has and having watched it grow led for great speculation often touching on real world events and religions all over the board.
If you take other gamelines then yes, there is conflicting information....
But, cWoD wasn't ever meant to be taken as a whole. Each and everyline disregarded the others. It was horrible for crossovers, which is why Revised discouraged crossovers. (this is one reason why I adore NWoD)

Vampire, as a whole, contained very solid historical evidence for Caine. You had so many ancients who remembered Enoch, you had the Underworld Enoch even. Now, true as it is, a neonate wouldnt' come across solid historical evidence, besides the innate marks a vampire had (try and dominate that low generation, I dare you. I don't care how old you are, it fails; diablarie, clans even)

Now, the Dark Mother, I give you, is a completely different mythos; which is why I loved it. It was a pure vampire book that muddled things.
__________________
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
"In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits Dreaming"

"Icrecrown: I hear the natives can be real liches..."
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 06-16-2012, 09:54 AM
Sonneillon Sonneillon is offline

Lord of the
Assassin's League
Sonneillon's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Canadaland
Posts: 9,990
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingGod View Post
If you take other gamelines then yes, there is conflicting information....
But, cWoD wasn't ever meant to be taken as a whole. Each and everyline disregarded the others. It was horrible for crossovers, which is why Revised discouraged crossovers. (this is one reason why I adore NWoD)

Vampire, as a whole, contained very solid historical evidence for Caine. You had so many ancients who remembered Enoch, you had the Underworld Enoch even. Now, true as it is, a neonate wouldnt' come across solid historical evidence, besides the innate marks a vampire had (try and dominate that low generation, I dare you. I don't care how old you are, it fails; diablarie, clans even)

Now, the Dark Mother, I give you, is a completely different mythos; which is why I loved it. It was a pure vampire book that muddled things.
But yeah, I mostly agree with the MMO they shouldn't follow Old World of Darkness to a T. They should reinvent it to a minor extent to compinsate for your mentioned flow. The formula should be entirely the same, but the details tidied up. Some lessions should be taken from New World of Darkness in a few areas of background construction. While essencially it feels like returning to an old lover after many years of absence, it would be great to know shes atleast learned a few tricks in bed. Cainite lore is a staple however, I can't see them ridding that or changing it too much. To have a persistant world in an MMO they might have to blend and establish things better within cross settings. The great thing is with all the source material and history available this won't be a terrible task for them. I'm also not sure how much background history will be exposed in the quests to new players. If it's set in the 90s (which it seems to be) then one must wonder if things like the "week of nightmares" have occured or will eventual or even established cannon. I'm pretty much expecting a new cannon playing off the old one.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 06-16-2012, 11:44 AM
DreamingGod DreamingGod is offline

Keeper of the Grove
DreamingGod's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 615

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
But yeah, I mostly agree with the MMO they shouldn't follow Old World of Darkness to a T. They should reinvent it to a minor extent to compinsate for your mentioned flow. The formula should be entirely the same, but the details tidied up. Some lessions should be taken from New World of Darkness in a few areas of background construction. While essencially it feels like returning to an old lover after many years of absence, it would be great to know shes atleast learned a few tricks in bed. Cainite lore is a staple however, I can't see them ridding that or changing it too much. To have a persistant world in an MMO they might have to blend and establish things better within cross settings. The great thing is with all the source material and history available this won't be a terrible task for them. I'm also not sure how much background history will be exposed in the quests to new players. If it's set in the 90s (which it seems to be) then one must wonder if things like the "week of nightmares" have occured or will eventual or even established cannon. I'm pretty much expecting a new cannon playing off the old one.
More than likely, it will be a reset to the metaplot. It'll assume nothing except the bare minimums. (Camirilla and Sabbat forming, and Caine) but nothign but. I'm not quite sur they'll even go with Generation. They might go with the VtR/VtM conversion, with Blood Potency ranges instead of set in stone generation for your power.
__________________
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
"In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits Dreaming"

"Icrecrown: I hear the natives can be real liches..."
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 06-16-2012, 11:55 AM
Sonneillon Sonneillon is offline

Lord of the
Assassin's League
Sonneillon's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Canadaland
Posts: 9,990
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingGod View Post
More than likely, it will be a reset to the metaplot. It'll assume nothing except the bare minimums. (Camirilla and Sabbat forming, and Caine) but nothign but. I'm not quite sur they'll even go with Generation. They might go with the VtR/VtM conversion, with Blood Potency ranges instead of set in stone generation for your power.
Without a day time being a caitiff doesn't even have it's psudo advantages. They might have generation, but it will likely have restrictions, I can see them having 3 player accessable gen like 12, 11 and 10th. It seems pretty obvious that all of the player characters are going to be Fledgling anyway, since most of the Vampires are fresh and the setting modern most childer created during this century tended to be 11th and 10th as it was (in the original setting). It's a good way to ballance out the NPC to PC powerdraws in reality. Players in the table top never should be allowed to buy past 8th gen anyway if your a story teller worth your salt. Later generations are for twinked out power kiddies who want to be unbeatable minmaxers.

Last edited by Sonneillon; 06-16-2012 at 12:06 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 06-16-2012, 12:05 PM
DreamingGod DreamingGod is offline

Keeper of the Grove
DreamingGod's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 615

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
Without a day time being a caitiff doesn't even have it's psudo advantages. They might have generation, but it will likely have restrictions, I can see them having 3 player accessable gen like 12, 11 and 10th.
Mm. The problem with having Vamp's with Gen is they don't have a power stat besides. A Mage will go up in Arete/Gnosis, a Werewolf Renown/Gnosis, et al.

A vampire can only go down in Generation from certain things. Since I can't see them doing more than 1-5 of power stats. It'd be easy to have 10th gen 2-5 Potency, 11th 1-4, and 12 1-3, something like that.
__________________
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
"In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits Dreaming"

"Icrecrown: I hear the natives can be real liches..."
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 06-16-2012, 12:12 PM
Sonneillon Sonneillon is offline

Lord of the
Assassin's League
Sonneillon's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Canadaland
Posts: 9,990
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingGod View Post
Mm. The problem with having Vamp's with Gen is they don't have a power stat besides. A Mage will go up in Arete/Gnosis, a Werewolf Renown/Gnosis, et al.

A vampire can only go down in Generation from certain things. Since I can't see them doing more than 1-5 of power stats. It'd be easy to have 10th gen 2-5 Potency, 11th 1-4, and 12 1-3, something like that.
Theres always the issue with diablerie as well. Some things just won't be player accessable. I mean as it stands they have to redesign the powers to work in an MMO to begin with, so the system won't be a direct port. They have a blank slate in terms of system. They will likely have many of the core powers but in reality they can add in whatever they want as long as it sticks to the thematics of the Clan confines and established reasoning. Bloodlines/redemption were pretty loose with how the powers worked in places I'm sure this will be no different. It's been so long since OWoD was relevant that in many ways this is I suspect a reimagining of sorts. It's sort of like how in WoWs established lore world theres tons of things that characters should be able to do but cannot, and others that make little sense that they can. How they throttle the power gains should be interesting, having a pool of 3 generations opens things up in some ways too. I suspect the game itself is going to be more story/politics driven than typical MMOs. More single player with occasional interation with others for dungeon and elysium meetings.

Last edited by Sonneillon; 06-16-2012 at 12:14 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 06-16-2012, 12:21 PM
DreamingGod DreamingGod is offline

Keeper of the Grove
DreamingGod's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 615

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
Theres always the issue with diablerie as well. Some things just won't be player accessable. I mean as it stands they have to redesign the powers to work in an MMO to begin with, so the system won't be a direct port. They have a blank slate in terms of system. They will likely have many of the core powers but in reality they can add in whatever they want as long as it sticks to the thematics of the Clan confines and established reasoning. Bloodlines/redemption were pretty loose with how the powers worked in places I'm sure this will be no different. It's been so long since OWoD was relevant that in many ways this is I suspect a reimagining of sorts. It's sort of like how in WoWs established lore world theres tons of things that characters should be able to do but cannot, and others that make little sense that they can. How they throttle the power gains should be interesting, having a pool of 3 generations opens things up in some ways too. I suspect the game itself is going to be more story/politics driven than typical MMOs. More single player with occasional interation with others for dungeon and elysium meetings.
I'm sure. I do suspect a 'power stat' of sorts. Something to increase supernatural 'oomph.'

No matter how it's done, Generation locks vampires out of that. Atleast... Generation like that. There has to be room to move if other's are added.

I, for one, like the reboot. I want to to be VtM in flavor and feel, but I'd like them to clean up the setting. Throw out the metaplot, and use the themes, and parts of the setting.
__________________
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
"In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits Dreaming"

"Icrecrown: I hear the natives can be real liches..."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
hilarious in hindsight, mmos, warlocks of draenor

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.